Bullwinkle's List

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 5. May 13, 20:18

Yes, it would be possible. But, then, you would not be able to try again with better Hackers. :)

I have some ideas in mind for improving some of the end-actions from boarding. I will keep your suggestion in mind for when I get around to adding them. Somewhen. ;)

d_ka

Post by d_ka » Mon, 6. May 13, 00:34

Good to know, thx for the quick respond.

And yes, the same thought came to my mind: i could try to board the ship again. But:
1. All my marines where 5* in hacking ( actually all disciplines, except fighting )
2. All my marines survived
3. The hull of the ship ( it was an M6 ) was so badly damaged, that it wouldn´t have made to any station to get repaired ( 4% iirc, that´s what happens when you let 8x Flack keep the shields low... ^^ )

So, when all this circumstances would be present, esp. the hull value under 10% ( maybe <5%) - which actually means no chances to successfully board the ship again, the "ring trick" could be initiated.
Maybe, one more variable could play a role: some of the marines got killed during the mission ( and the already frustrated comrades, who haven´t managed to hack the central computer despite beeing elite hackers, decide to take a revenge, and blow up that damn vessel! )

EDIT: ( i can´t answer again, so editing )

I was not aware you can repair enemy ships that way!
I haven´t experienced it myself, but won´t the enemy ship try to kill your marines? ( here comes my lack of exp. with boarding before )
OK, this time i was flying a Carrier, so not a real problem to me, but if my ship would be in danger, the detonation of the enemy ship, which still poses a threat, could be the reason the "captain" orders the marines to blow up the target before leaving, i guess?
Last edited by d_ka on Mon, 6. May 13, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 6. May 13, 00:40

Yeah, hull percentage could be part of the decision.

You could, of course, use the Marines Repair Target hotkey (in Marine Repairs and Training) to fix up the ship so that you could try again.

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 9. May 13, 13:39

Updated

Signal Targeted (now with Emergency Jump)

v1.06 Added automatic Emergency Jump.

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 10. May 13, 18:24

Updated

Signal Targeted (now with Emergency Jump)

v1.07 2013-05-09
- Updated Emergency Jump to work for all ship classes.
- Begins task if there is nothing to interrupt (jumps even if ship has no current orders).
- Improved auto-update on new version.
- Cleaned up setup script.
- Added compatibility with Emergency Jump script.

New
Emergency Jump
More reliable emergency jumping based on settings in your Command Console.

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 25. May 13, 20:54

Pandora Tuning Ejector
Pandora Tuning Ejector

Pandora Tunings (over-tunings) are rare and precious. There are not enough in the game to significantly tune more than one ship, and that is probably OK.

But what happens when you change your personal "favorite" ship? Early in the game it might be an M3. Later an M6. What if one of new reward ships becomes a new favorite?

Pandora Tuning Ejector makes it possible for you to change your mind about which ship you want to be overtuned.

How to use
While piloting the currently-overtuned ship, press the hotkey. Each press of the hotkey ejects a pair of tuning crates (Engine and Rudder) until there are no more Pandora Tunings left on the ship.

Then switch to the new ship that you want to overtune and pick up the crates.

Warning: If you collect the Pandora crates in an under-tuned ship, then you will lose the Pandora over-tuning forever. Be certain that the new ship is already fully-tuned at a Trading Station.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sat, 25. May 13, 22:11, edited 3 times in total.

joelR

Post by joelR » Sat, 25. May 13, 22:04

Brilliant! Thanks!

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 29. May 13, 11:03

EXPERIMENTAL Update

Improved Boarding (EXPERIMENTAL Version - new ware)
Improved Boarding (EXPERIMENTAL Version 1.24)
  • Experimental Version includes:
  • New ware: Lower cost to match typical usage.
  • If installation of the ware fails, then the script will use the vanilla Transporter Device.
  • Improved Spacewalk Boarding. Marines are teleported close to the target ship before they begin boarding.
  • Thank you to mystermask for the FRENCH language file.

Important! I need your test reports.
This version is an experiment in handling the custom ware for greater compatibility with a variety of games. It should work for people who have had difficulty with the custom ware, and it should even work without the Plugin Manager (hopefully), so it is now packaged as a .zip instead of a .spk.

However, as far as I know, nobody has tried to distribute a script using these tricks. So I need to know two things:
  • 1) Do you have any trouble with the custom ware (the Boarding Transporter)? Does it install correctly? Can you buy it at Split Equipment Docks? Does it work?

2) If you previously had trouble with the custom ware, does this version solve whatever problem you had?

Thank you for your help.

adrianx

Post by adrianx » Wed, 29. May 13, 19:01

DrBullwinkle wrote:Pandora Tuning Ejector
This is brilliant, no need to say more, thanks.

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 20:20

New

Passenger to Marine
Download: Passenger to Marine v1.06

Q) What do you do with ejected pilots that you pick up after you force them to bail out of their ships?

A) Conscript them into your marine force!

Adds an item to the Piracy menu: Convert Passenger to Marine.
  • (By default, this script creates untrained marines. You can change the setting in the t\9521-L0xx.xml file (id=101) to "yes". That will create partially-trained marines.)

This is a simplified version of Pelador's Convert Passenger to Marine. Thank you, Pelador.

cryptonite1

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 10:20

DrBullwinkle wrote:.

Cargo Hunter

ok..so i get it that u can search for staitons inside TLs after you turn on the AL option, but where does it display whether it has found one or not? in ur pilot log? or where exactly? cus I only get the turn on/off option, and even if i turn it on, there seems to be nothing happening, or i cant find where it is displayed saying the system have or have not found one of the stations im looking for

any clues?

Edit: removed full quote. X2-Illuminatus

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 11:07

Please do not quote entire posts. It adds nothing to the conversation and only makes a confusing mess out of the thread. A link will suffice (or, when referring to one of my scripts, just the name will do).

You will get a very obvious popup menu when the Cargo Hunter finds a TL with one of your chosen stations aboard. You cannot miss it. And, even if you do miss it, you will get a repeat alert every 5 minutes until you do something about it (or until the TL builds the station).

TL's with IBL foundries do not appear often, so Cargo Hunter is quiet most of the time. You can check that the AL Plugin is turned On (in your Gameplay menu / Artificial Life Plugins). When On, Cargo Hunter scans for a TL with one of your chosen stations every five minutes.

cryptonite1

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 17:06

got it, thanks a lot, and sorry for the entire quite...thought it could help u identify which script of urs im talking about, since you have a lot, which are all pretty good.

again thanks

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 06:30

New

Occupy Wall Street
(Stop the Stock Exchange)

Download: Occupy Wall Street v1

Description
Simple change to AP Stock Exchange scripts which stops the Stock Exchange. No more annoying popups when you enter a stock exchange; no more tempation to exploit your way to fame and fortune. :)

Installation
Install with Plugin Manager or copy the contents of the scripts folder to your games scripts folder (addon\scripts for AP).

If this is your first time installing a script, then see Installation Tips for more information.

NOTE: You will have to re-install this script after every Steam update. Just copy over the files, or install again with the Plugin Manager.

UnInstallation
Verify game files in Steam.

History
v1 (2013-06-13)
- Initial release. Idea from X2-Illuminatus and Paingod.

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:08

New

Teleporter

Download: Teleporter v1

Description
Hotkey teleports astronauts within range (including marines and plot characters).

May be expanded to include other objects in the future.

Installation
Install with Plugin Manager or copy the contents of the scripts and t folders to your games scripts and t folders (addon\scripts or addon\t for AP).

Assign a hotkey in the Controls menu (Interface tab, Extensions section; near the bottom).

If this is your first time installing a script, then see Installation Tips for more information.

History
v1 (2013-06-14)
- Initial release. Thanks to A.Persyn for his original Astronaut Teleporter Hotkey (part of Marine Corps).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”