[Script] Convert Passenger to Marine V1.0 (08.08.2009)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

pelador
x3tc

[Script] Convert Passenger to Marine V1.0 (08.08.2009)

Post by pelador » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 21:39

Convert Passenger to Marine

Download as Zip here: [ external image ]

Extract into X3TC games directory.

Download as Spk here: [ external image ]

You will require Cycrows Plugin Manager for the spk file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirrors:

ZIP: [ external image ]

SPK: [ external image ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview:

This script supplies a piracy command for the ability to convert a passenger to a basic marine for ships that can accomodate them.

It is done by first placating them with space fuel until sufficiently subdued and then using firearms to place them into bondage as a marine for you.

There is a chance however, that the passenger will fight back and as a result end up being killed in the ensuing struggle. This varies slightly by race but is about a 50 % chance.

As such you need a ship that can transport marines and then for each passenger you wish to convert you then need:

5 units of Space Fuel (Consumable)
And at least 1 unit of firearms aboard. (Disintegrator Rifles, Low Yield Sidearms, Pirate Sidearms or Terran EMP rifles)

Wether you succeed or fail the act of enslaving a passenger into your marine service is not looked favourably by the race of the passenger.

(Note: ignores plot related passengers in the selection).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been informed from Heironymos that:

"LV had created a marine/boarding script for 3R called HAT that had marines produced at an npc station that used as resources slaves & spaceweed."

also from the 3R forum:

Cycrow and Moggy2 have previously done various work on Passenger to slave/marine and/or slave to marine Conversion. Also I beleive its been discussed before by various people both here and on the other community forums. So inspiration has been derived from different sources so there is no originality here.

I have written a similar script for DDTC that converts Passengers to Slaves and then an exchange program with some re-inforced training from slaves to marines/mercs, so it is not the same as DDTC which has a bit more playability to it but this version should allow others in the X3TC ES community to at least have one conversion process as I have noticed some requests.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text file:

9521-L044

Command:

Piracy 51

Scripts:

plugin.pel.conv.pass.marine
plugin.pel.conv.pass.marine.do
plugin.pel.ship.marine.chk
setup.plugin.pel.pass.marine

As Governed by Community rules:

This script is free to use as long as you say thankyou in your topic.
Last edited by pelador on Sat, 8. Aug 09, 21:53, edited 2 times in total.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 21:40

Date / Version

08.08.2009 V1.0 Initial Release

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 06:58

Does this check to ensure that if there are more passengers than marine slots, that only the number of passengers as empty slots are changed into marines and the rest left as passengers ?

I ask because I've been collecting a lot of passengers, and with only 20 marine slots, and over 100 passengers, I really dont want to lose the remaining passengers if its not checking.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 09:17

It converts on an individual basis so you'll have to select them all one at a time.

Checks if there are free marine slots available each occurence.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 09:18

ok, thanks :)

blueshadow
x4

Post by blueshadow » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 11:04

Does it work with Xenon- and Kha'ak passengers?
I'm running the "NPC Bailing Addon by ThisIsHarsh" and it produces astronauts from bailed ships - even if it's a Xenon or a Kha'ak.
Would be great if it works with above :) I don't care for them eventually not having a "voice" - I just want Xenon- and Kha'ak marines :D

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 11:17

I think I set Xenon and Khaak exremely low for the possible chance of not killing them in any struggle, as they'd likley be extremly hostile. Something like 3%. Fell free to adjust the racial parameters as you like, for the main races they vary by faction marginally from the base 50% accordingly.

blueshadow
x4

Post by blueshadow » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 14:06

Great, thanks ;)

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 11:47

is it possible to exclude specific races of the conversion to not get the notority reduced? Or is it shown which race the passengers are of so i could stop myself from converting them :oops:
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 17:15

Schabernack wrote:is it possible to exclude specific races of the conversion to not get the notority reduced? Or is it shown which race the passengers are of so i could stop myself from converting them :oops:
You can see the race of the passengers when you check out your cargo bay, then when you run this script you can select the name of the passenger. That way you can check the names of those passengers/races you do not want to convert and only select the ones you do want.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 15:59

ok :) i will keep an eye open for that
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

eveningztar
xr

Re: [Script] Convert Passenger to Marine V1.0 (08.08.2009)

Post by eveningztar » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:24

Thank you for this awesome script 8) , and just as important thank you for having a link that still works :D
God doesn't play dice. Albert Einstein.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”