English | Deutsch
X3: Terran Conflict. What's the matter of this game? Fast money by fight and build missions. Short ways due to the use of a jumpdrive. Strong weapons in the player ship. Stronger weapons in the player ship than the playership’s target. All those things could be seen as advantages. Advantages that simplify a start in the X-Universe. However, what would be if the accustomed player had to completely reconsider his known tactics? No fast money, no jumpdrive and a different fight behavior. The universe seems to be bigger, more dangerous and the accustomed player feels like a greenhorn again.
But those will not be the only things. A stronger competition in the trading section will cause a lot of new problems for the player. If the player wants to build a station, he don’t only has to look for the right place, but also has to be fast. Otherwise some of the market niches are going to be filled by competitors. On the other hand there may be chances to gain profits from the business competition, e.g. by purchasing already built stations.
How will that work? You are going to get a number of new possibilities, for example ships, which are build for longer flights. Freighters with more cargo space. The heavy freighters Argon Thelesto and Split Waran (both from the TriMod) are two of them. Also the ship data will get a few changes, so that the ships will better fit into the new universe. There will be other changes, which we either comment later or let the players discover themselves.
A modification lives from ideas and their implementation. To collect ideas and discuss them we have an external forum. So, good ideas won't be lost. Of course you're allowed to post ideas here, as well. But especially in larger topics it is difficult to keep track of all ideas.
ALPHA 4.2 OUT NOW
Yes its out, and it will make even the hardest veteran look like he/she never had played an X game before. All possible strategies you may have, scrap them, they won't fit in New Dimensions' Universe.
We made some hard changes, most not visible to the eye, some not even noticeable at first glance (or second), but they will make you rethink the way you play TC as you discover them, like:
- No more Self-sustained Complexes! Mines and SPP are not connectible to complexes
- Only few "jumpable" gates left
- Jumpdrive only fits in Bigships
- Sun strength differs from sector to sector
- No real good asteroids in "sunny" sectors
- L1 Fabs can only be build in "specific" sectors (they are now "planet dependent")
- Ships are faster
- Ships Hull/Shield ratio changed (battles actually are fun now)
- Tweaked the relations between races (you wont be friends with everyone at the same time)
- 19 Bonus ships placed randomly throughout the universe in 19 different sectors
- 6 randomly generated and positioned sectors (more below)
- Increased sector size of most sectors
- Improved mission rewards
That's where you come in, we need you to report to us as much feedback as you can, constructive and as precise as possible. That feedback is imperative to our development.
- Extract the archive (.zip) into any folder.
- Start the NewDimension.exe and follow the instructions of the installer.
- Start NEW game
NOTE: The installer installs New Dimensions as 12.cat/dat. So if you already have a 12.cat/dat you have to save them, before installing New Dimensions.
Uninstallation of a previous version
- Start the removeND.exe in the X3TC main directory and follow the instructions of the installer.
- New Dimensions is compatible to Vanilla X3:TC 2.7 and higher
Probably incompatible to most other modifications
- Please don't use scripts or mods that change the balance of ships and/or weapons, such as CODEA, MARS, etc. these would falsify the results of our changes making any feedback based on that useless for us.
- Scripts like CAG, CLS or cheatscripts can be used, but avoid cheating if possible.
- Feedback on economy, plots, non-plot missions, complex building or general building of fabs are the things you should be looking at mostly.
Note: HQ Plot, Aldrin Plot and A new home won't start in A4.2.
- After a minute or two you will get a message with all the coordinates for the sectors so you can have a look at those.
Note that in next release the sectors will spawn over time instead of all being there at the same time, and there will not be any info to where they did spawn.
Please have a look at them a report your findings.
External Forum New Dimensions [Broken link removed - Gazz]
What could that be?
SunBlade - Square Map bod