[MD Script] Reset Corporations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

dillpickle
x3tc

[MD Script] Reset Corporations

Post by dillpickle » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 23:24

Reset Corporations

German Thread - Translation courtesy of GodsAngel95.

This is a little MD script thingy I've done to reset broken corporations.

WARNING. Only reset a Corporation that is broken, resetting a corporation whilst you are currently being offered missions WILL (probably) break it.

DO NOT try to reset your rank without first resetting the corporation, this will reset it to zero.

It is strongly recommended that you save your game before making any changes, just in case...

Installation:

Extract the zip folder into your X3TC root folder, the two files (CorpReset and modified.txt) should end up in your director folder, where they need to be.

Use:

1. Change Pilot name to ResetCorp

2. A message will play saying 'cheat mode enabled'.

3. Change name again depending on which Corporation you want to reset.

Reset Codes:

Code: Select all

TerracorpReset
OTASReset
PlutarchReset
JonfercoReset
NMMCReset
DukesReset
AtreusReset
StrongArmsReset
I think the codes are fairly self explanatory, if not please ask.

4. A message will pop up asking confirmation of the reset. Confirm will reset the Corporation. (Quit will exit with no changes and reset so you can use again from Step 1.)

5. Another message will pop up saying the Corporation has been reset.

Corporation Mission Fixes:

These are now available to fix the common problems that break these missions, and can be found in this thread. If these are added at the same time as the reset corporations, then there is no need to follow the resetting of ranks, as the missions will continue from your current rank, and no need to redo the initial mission unless you were sacked due to low rank.

6. Providing you meet the Corporation's requirements, you will be offered the initial mission again. Details of these can be found in Deadbeat_Spinn's Guide to the Corporations

At this point your corporation rank will be what it was before the reset.

Once you have completed the initial mission, your rank will reset to the start rank and percentage. (typically rank 0, around the 50% mark.)

You can now (if you wish) reset your Corporation Rank back to what it was before the reset (providing you had one).

7. Change Pilot name to ResetCorpRank

8. A message will play saying 'cheat mode enabled'.

9. Change name again depending on which Corporation Rank you want to reset.

Reset Codes:

Code: Select all

TerracorpRankReset
OTASRankReset
PlutarchRankReset
JonfercoRankReset
NMMCRankReset
DukesRankReset
AtreusRankReset
StrongArmsRankReset
10. A message will pop up saying the Corporation Rank has been reset.

You should now be as you were before the reset, but with missions being offered again.

To reset another corporation, start again from step 1.

Watch spelling - especially double letters, and capitals.

Use at your own risk.

Download:

I have moved all my downloads to NexusMods, in an effort to ensure they are still available to anybody that sttill wants to use them:

Dillpickle's Mission Director Collection for Terran Conflict

Thanks to Ketraar for giving me the idea with his Plot Reset.

These scripts/mods are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thank you in your topic.[/url]
Last edited by dillpickle on Tue, 29. Nov 16, 17:58, edited 4 times in total.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 2. May 10, 01:44

I thought this was still being worked on otherwise I would have posted an update to the Corporate Guide days ago.....I must have missed it somehow. :oops:

But this is definately something that is needed due to the relative ease of getting fired/dropped from a given Corporation especially since lots of players have encountered this issue.

I'll link your Reset Corporations thread into the Corporate Guide so players who are unfamiliar with the S&M forum may find it easier, you will of course receive full credit and further info will be placed next to your name in the Acknowledgements section since you did so for me (and because you provided info to the Guide when it was in it's early stages). :)

I assume that using the Reset will give the "Modified" tag to the player.

I'll also link this to my sig.

D.S.

Oh before I forget, you should submit this for the Library Sticky.

Guess I got some work to do. :D

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 2. May 10, 17:55

Good one :-)

Jus a few hints. You should use local names for stuff (like mycuename.myactorname) rather then global, but no big deal.

You might have a loop should you choose quit instead of the actual corp reset. Note that Player name may still be ResetCorp by the time you reset that cue. That's why I forced the player to change his name again to rest it manually in ResetPlots. This also would make one rest cue enough, instead of one per corp.

Other than that it looks fine, keep them coming :-)

MFG

Ketraar

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 2. May 10, 22:20

@ Deadbeat_Spinn.
It was still being worked on when I posted in that other thread, but then I had a moment of clarity and sorted the problem I was having with it.

Thanks for the link - I know I'd have found it useful.

Yes it will give you the modified tag.

@ Ketraar.
Thanks for the feedback, always useful.

It shouldn't loop, as you only get the 'quit' option after you've changed your name for the specific Corporation.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 3. May 10, 03:16

I'll definitely put this to use- since I already have the modified tag, I have no qualms about using this :D

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 3. May 10, 16:26

dillpickle wrote:It shouldn't loop, as you only get the 'quit' option after you've changed your name for the specific Corporation.
right, its was morning (I woke up @ aprox 14:00h) and on low coffee level. :oops:

MFG

Ketraar

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 4. May 10, 00:04

Once the reset commands have been entered, how soon do the corporations start to offer missions again? :?:

When I did the Corp rank reset for Terracorp, in place of where Terracorp's name should have been, all I saw was a zero in the pilot status.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 4. May 10, 00:26

Sovereign01 wrote:Once the reset commands have been entered, how soon do the corporations start to offer missions again? :?:
I seem to remember reading 6 hours in a script somewhere.
When I did the Corp rank reset for Terracorp, in place of where Terracorp's name should have been, all I saw was a zero in the pilot status.
iirc, that's what happens when the names aren't set up by the Corp missions MD script - which they probably won't be, if you're not an active contractor.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 4. May 10, 00:28

I'm wondering if I just need to reset the corp or I need to reset the rank as well?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 4. May 10, 00:34

Carlo the Curious wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:Once the reset commands have been entered, how soon do the corporations start to offer missions again? :?:
I seem to remember reading 6 hours in a script somewhere.
iirc, that's what happens when the names aren't set up by the Corp missions MD script - which they probably won't be, if you're not an active contractor.
I did have a contract, but somewhere along the line I somehow lost the notoriety and my contract was terminated.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Tue, 4. May 10, 08:12

All the ones I tested (Atreus, Dukes, NMMC and Strong Arms) the missions were offered pretty much immediately, providing the start requirements were met.

Sovereign01 wrote:When I did the Corp rank reset for Terracorp, in place of where Terracorp's name should have been, all I saw was a zero in the pilot status.
Carlo the Curious wrote:iirc, that's what happens when the names aren't set up by the Corp missions MD script - which they probably won't be, if you're not an active contractor.
This is correct, if the Corporation doesn't appear on your pilot status, then resetting that Corporations rank will give a 'zero' where the name should be, as a rank is being assigned to a name that does not yet exist.
In testing the 'zero' was replaced by the correct name after completing the first mission.

If you've had a contract cancelled - and the Corporation isn't listed in your Pilot Status, then the only bit you need to use is the Reset Corp.

The rank reset should only be used if you already have a rank with the Corporation in your Pilot Status, and only after completing the first mission when your corporation rank has been reset to the start rank.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 4. May 10, 17:54

dillpickle wrote:
All the ones I tested (Atreus, Dukes, NMMC and Strong Arms) the missions were offered pretty much immediately, providing the start requirements were met.

Sovereign01 wrote:When I did the Corp rank reset for Terracorp, in place of where Terracorp's name should have been, all I saw was a zero in the pilot status.
Carlo the Curious wrote:iirc, that's what happens when the names aren't set up by the Corp missions MD script - which they probably won't be, if you're not an active contractor.
This is correct, if the Corporation doesn't appear on your pilot status, then resetting that Corporations rank will give a 'zero' where the name should be, as a rank is being assigned to a name that does not yet exist.
In testing the 'zero' was replaced by the correct name after completing the first mission.

If you've had a contract cancelled - and the Corporation isn't listed in your Pilot Status, then the only bit you need to use is the Reset Corp.

The rank reset should only be used if you already have a rank with the Corporation in your Pilot Status, and only after completing the first mission when your corporation rank has been reset to the start rank.
First time I used it, I reset both, should I have only reset the first part? I go back to Terracorp HQ, still no sign of them offering any missions, is there something glaringly obvious that I'm just not getting :? When I do the Terracorp reset, I get all the right messages on the screen so I know the game is seeing the script...

Do I need to have any other scripts installed? The only other ones I have are MARS and the improved boarding script- is the MD something that needs installing separately?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 5. May 10, 16:18

I try running this script, but I cannot get it to fix Terracorp missions, am I doing something wrong?

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 5. May 10, 17:39

Sovereign01 wrote:I try running this script, but I cannot get it to fix Terracorp missions, am I doing something wrong?
It depends on what you're doing... :wink:

When you change your name to ResetCorp, do you get the message 'Cheat Mode Enabled'?

If so..
Once you have changed your name again to TerracorpReset (watch capitals, and the double 'R' in Terracorp.) are you getting a message pop up asking to confirm reset?

If so...
Once you have confirmed are you getting another message saying it has been reset?

If you were fired, and no longer have Terracorp listed with the Corporations in Your Pilot Status, you do not need to use the ResetCorpRank.

I have just managed to successfully get myself fired by Terracorp, and it all reset OK, have completed the first mission, and am being offered missions again.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 5. May 10, 20:09

dillpickle wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:I try running this script, but I cannot get it to fix Terracorp missions, am I doing something wrong?
It depends on what you're doing... :wink:

When you change your name to ResetCorp, do you get the message 'Cheat Mode Enabled'?

If so..
Once you have changed your name again to TerracorpReset (watch capitals, and the double 'R' in Terracorp.) are you getting a message pop up asking to confirm reset?

If so...
Once you have confirmed are you getting another message saying it has been reset?

If you were fired, and no longer have Terracorp listed with the Corporations in Your Pilot Status, you do not need to use the ResetCorpRank.

I have just managed to successfully get myself fired by Terracorp, and it all reset OK, have completed the first mission, and am being offered missions again.
Yep, I got all the messages saying "cheat mode enabled", checked and rechecked spelling and was asked for confirmation, said yes, got the message it was done, but still no missions from Terracorp, despite the Terracorp person being there and me having max rep with the Argon as well. :?:

I've done it OOS, saved/reloaded, do I need anything else installed to get it to work? I have MARS and improved boarding installed, but nothing else :?
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Wed, 5. May 10, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 5. May 10, 21:20

Sovereign01 wrote:Yep, I got all the messages saying "cheat mode enabled", checked and recehcked spelling and was asked for confirmation, said yes, got the message it was done, but still no missions from Terracorp, despite the Terracorp person being there and me having max rep with the Argon as well. :?:
Is there a Terracorp person at the station before resetting? (but offering no missions)

If so, have you checked all people at the station, as in this case you will get a new Terracorp rep at the station, who should be offering the mission.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 5. May 10, 23:44

dillpickle wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:Yep, I got all the messages saying "cheat mode enabled", checked and recehcked spelling and was asked for confirmation, said yes, got the message it was done, but still no missions from Terracorp, despite the Terracorp person being there and me having max rep with the Argon as well. :?:
Is there a Terracorp person at the station before resetting? (but offering no missions)

If so, have you checked all people at the station, as in this case you will get a new Terracorp rep at the station, who should be offering the mission.
Yes, there's a Terracorp person there but offering no missions- since others offer missions, I'll try those and see how it goes :)

UPDATE- wow, it worked- there was a guy selling his Mercury there (only mission available), soon as I bought it, a second Terracorp rep appeared, this one offering the first mission, cheers! :lol:

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 6. May 10, 00:46

Good to know that you can work for TerraCorp once again Sovereign01, just don't break them a second time. :D

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 6. May 10, 01:45

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Good to know that you can work for TerraCorp once again Sovereign01, just don't break them a second time. :D
I hope after all this, that the proto Eclipse and Nova are worth it :D

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 6. May 10, 02:02

I would hope so, I haven't flown or used any of the reward ships barring the very brief period of time when I was taking the screenshots of the ships for the Guide. :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”