Is it possible to seize 9 HSAPs?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

UnknownObject
x4

Is it possible to seize 9 HSAPs?

Post by UnknownObject » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 20:28

I've located 9 HSAPs to beta zones (2 from unclaimed sectors and 7 from inhabited sectors), excluding Depths of Silence beta and Maelstrom beta, the latter two being unclaimable.
My plan is to prepair 7 TOAs before I start claiming the HSAPs and to rush to build TOAs in inhabited sectors before NPCs build them themselves.
Is it possible?
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Is it possible to seize 9 HSAPs?

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Oct 23, 01:39

no, its not possible, as there is a cooldown after you claim each one.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Tue, 3. Oct 23, 03:37

Are Unclaimed Sectors beta safe to be claimed?
Can I select another HSAP to register at Explorer's Guild if I change my mind?
Нам не нужна
Война!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 3. Oct 23, 04:01

You may have to clear out any Xenon that are already there but they are generally safe to set up shop in. Just make sure you claim the ones with the best asteroids, there is some randomness as to which sectors the other races will lay claim to so if there are a couple of worthless sectors you can reload until they claim one you have no use for. I did manage to luck out and they did claim one sector that was free of roids and therefore useless.

I just wish I'd known what I was doing when I started claiming sectors, I claimed Akeela's Beacon Beta when I should have grabbed Dark Waters Beta instead, that sector had way better asteroids. ABB only had a couple of silicon roids, so the only thing I could do with it is make a huge space fuel/weed complex. The weed part is perpetually sold out, the total opposite to the fuel! :lol:

As it happens the other sectors that I did grab all have decent roids and between them they produce most of the weapons I use. :lol:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Oct 23, 11:28

I would suggest claiming the Unclaimed beta last, as the NPC's will never claim that one, so it'll be left available at the end.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 3. Oct 23, 21:38

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 3. Oct 23, 04:01
You may have to clear out any Xenon that are already there but they are generally safe to set up shop in. Just make sure you claim the ones with the best asteroids, there is some randomness as to which sectors the other races will lay claim to so if there are a couple of worthless sectors you can reload until they claim one you have no use for. I did manage to luck out and they did claim one sector that was free of roids and therefore useless.

I just wish I'd known what I was doing when I started claiming sectors, I claimed Akeela's Beacon Beta when I should have grabbed Dark Waters Beta instead, that sector had way better asteroids. ABB only had a couple of silicon roids, so the only thing I could do with it is make a huge space fuel/weed complex. The weed part is perpetually sold out, the total opposite to the fuel! :lol:

As it happens the other sectors that I did grab all have decent roids and between them they produce most of the weapons I use. :lol:
Both of those sectors are great in my playthrough. The only downside with Akeela's Beacon to me is being located off OTAS controlled space, and no solar power plants in Akeela's Beacon any more.

Random Sectors I got and how they turned out.
Spoiler
Show
Profit Center Alpha beta - No roids
Akeela's Beacon beta - Decent field of roids
Rhonkar's Trial beta - Decent field of roids
Family Rhonkar beta - Small Field of asteroids
Dark Water beta - Big field of roids
Nathan's Voyage beta - Big field of roids
Tears of Greed beta - Small Field of asteroids
Spaceweed Grove beta - Decent field of roids
Gaian Star beta - Almost nothing asteroid (started with 3 maybe?)

Maelstrom beta - Decent roid field (Kha'ak infestation)
Duke's Citadel beta - Small roid field (Xenon infestation - rarely shows)
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 4. Oct 23, 05:53

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 3. Oct 23, 21:38
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 3. Oct 23, 04:01

Both of those sectors are great in my playthrough. The only downside with Akeela's Beacon to me is being located off OTAS controlled space, and no solar power plants in Akeela's Beacon any more.

Random Sectors I got and how they turned out.
Spoiler
Show
Profit Center Alpha beta - No roids
Akeela's Beacon beta - Decent field of roids
Rhonkar's Trial beta - Decent field of roids
Family Rhonkar beta - Small Field of asteroids
Dark Water beta - Big field of roids
Nathan's Voyage beta - Big field of roids
Tears of Greed beta - Small Field of asteroids
Spaceweed Grove beta - Decent field of roids
Gaian Star beta - Almost nothing asteroid (started with 3 maybe?)

Maelstrom beta - Decent roid field (Kha'ak infestation)
Duke's Citadel beta - Small roid field (Xenon infestation - rarely shows)
PCAB- no roids in my game either, the Teladi claimed that one and they're welcome to it :lol:
Akeela's beacon- in my game there is an SPP-M, I don't know if it was one I placed or not, in the north east of the sector. Not all that useful given it's a big sector. ABB consisted of just two asteroids, silicon with yields of 71 & 122. Enough to support a big fuel & weed complex with 8 stations for each product pumping out enough product for the entire galaxy, customers aren't put off by having to cross Akeela's Beacon to get there :lol: I really should have claimed Dark Waters Beta instead, a lot of good roids there but the Boron got their flippers on it, the only sector choice I regret. :roll:

I did get the unclaimed sector off Unseen Domain, enough roids to build a modest complex dedicated to producing shipbuilding materials, and flails/hammers.
Consecrated Fire Beta, I hit the jackpot and placed an enormous complex that makes every shield & laser except the ever-useless FBL.
Got the two unclaimed sectors out past Xenon 534, alpha makes Terran missiles, beta makes Commonwealth ones.
Gaian Star B and Rhonkar's Trial B were claimed by Pirates and Strong Arms, respectively. No great losses there despite both having decent roid yields and I didn't want to have to fight my way past either faction to get there. All except the ABB complex have jump beacons for access, ABB used to have one but the Xenon destroyed it.
*counts on fingers* I think that accounts for all nine sectors in my game :lol:

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 09:10

My experience. HSAPs 1-4: OK. HSAP 5: as soon as I enter a remote zone, a TOA appears just behind me. Gave it up to Paranids. HSAP 6: OK. HSAP 7: after I activate the point at first time, OTAS claims it. It seems to be a time interval before it happens, but when I connect to the Guild rep, I'm always late.
HSAPs 8 and 9 are in Unclaimed Sectors.
So, is 7/9 the best achieveable result? Is 8/9 ever possible?
Нам не нужна
Война!

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 12:26

UnknownObject wrote:
Thu, 5. Oct 23, 09:10
My experience. HSAPs 1-4: OK. HSAP 5: as soon as I enter a remote zone, a TOA appears just behind me. Gave it up to Paranids. HSAP 6: OK. HSAP 7: after I activate the point at first time, OTAS claims it. It seems to be a time interval before it happens, but when I connect to the Guild rep, I'm always late.
Not likely. Once you claim the first, the engine running it starts a timer. The TOA's are expensive to make. The only way you could "hypothetically" grab a big number would be to have a bunch of TOA's already built and ready to deploy. I always explore all those remote sectors first, then choose. The timing you mention sounds like the timer is waiting on it to be discovered.

You'll have to look for it, but Cycrow actually explained how it worked. I just don't remember which thread it's in. If I find it I will link it here.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sun, 8. Oct 23, 13:30

UnknownObject wrote:
Thu, 5. Oct 23, 09:10
It's not possible to claim all the sectors, but it's may be possible to get some of them you want. Try to use these tricks: one, two. This should help to get some sectors in a more controlled way.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Mon, 16. Oct 23, 22:38

Thanks for the tip, I managed to claim 8/9 sectors. Rolled back to the save where OTAS hadn't seized the sector, chose Unclaimed beta instead to activate and got a free TOA in it. Next I activated the Akeela's Beacon HSAP and was free to claim it.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 17. Oct 23, 03:16

UnknownObject wrote:
Mon, 16. Oct 23, 22:38
Thanks for the tip, I managed to claim 8/9 sectors. Rolled back to the save where OTAS hadn't seized the sector, chose Unclaimed beta instead to activate and got a free TOA in it. Next I activated the Akeela's Beacon HSAP and was free to claim it.
Did your Akeela's beacon beta have good roids? Mine only had two, they were high-yield silicon ones, without ore all I could make was space fuel & weed. Being the first sector I claimed I didn't really know what I was doing, I should have taken Dark Waters Beta instead, lot of good roids there.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Tue, 17. Oct 23, 10:19

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 17. Oct 23, 03:16

Did your Akeela's beacon beta have good roids? Mine only had two, they were high-yield silicon ones, without ore all I could make was space fuel & weed.
Average compared to other sectors, but still worth it. In my game, Shining Currents beta had tremendous resources and the southern Unclaimed Sector beta had only 3 roids, being the least profitable.
I have similar regrets: I shouldn't have claimed Lasting Vengeance beta and give it up to Duke instead, so I could later establish my presence there by force.
Нам не нужна
Война!

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 17. Oct 23, 14:25

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 3. Oct 23, 11:28
I would suggest claiming the Unclaimed beta last, as the NPC's will never claim that one, so it'll be left available at the end.
Btw, which one? 8-19 or 18-0? I guess the one of them could be claimed by NPC.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 17. Oct 23, 18:36

iXenon wrote:
Tue, 17. Oct 23, 14:25

Btw, which one? 8-19 or 18-0? I guess the one of them could be claimed by NPC.
These two fit-

*<gate>

Unclaimed Sector (Getsu Fune <n> XS <w> Unclaimed <n> Random Created)
Unclaimed Sector (Unseen Domain <e> Unclaimed <s> Random Created)

Both are named Unclaimed Sector Beta. It should apply to both.
Reason: Sectors are claimed by the neighbor. Both Beta's neighbors are unclaimed.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 17. Oct 23, 20:30

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 17. Oct 23, 18:36
Both are named Unclaimed Sector Beta. It should apply to both.
Reason: Sectors are claimed by the neighbor. Both Beta's neighbors are unclaimed.
Yes, but it's useful to activate that HSAP when NPC wants to claim the next sector, so somewhere in the middle. Meanwhile, @Cycrow's recommendation is to claim that sector last. That's a bit confusing.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 18. Oct 23, 06:37

iXenon wrote:
Tue, 17. Oct 23, 20:30

Yes, but it's useful to activate that HSAP when NPC wants to claim the next sector, so somewhere in the middle. Meanwhile, @Cycrow's recommendation is to claim that sector last. That's a bit confusing.
The unclaimed sectors, those that have a physical gate and don't require the HSAP will never be claimed by the factions. So what I get out of what he said was, leave them till the end and everything else is claimed. Including the beta's attached.

Re-reading your initial comment. That is the best way to go.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 18. Oct 23, 18:28

Dark Water beta seems to be the gem in the collection, as the Xenon will completely ignore it.
Anything <10 jumps from 472, 023, sanctuary of darkness gets invasions iff you leave the game running alone.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 19. Oct 23, 05:54

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Wed, 18. Oct 23, 18:28
Dark Water beta seems to be the gem in the collection, as the Xenon will completely ignore it.
Anything <10 jumps from 472, 023, sanctuary of darkness gets invasions iff you leave the game running alone.
Sonofabitch! :lol:

SoD on the other hand, is the one where Xenon fleets spawn right by the gate, that sector would be suicidal to set up shop in. Good for raising combat rank if you send an M7M in to stir up the hornet's nest though! :twisted: I've got an Aquilo and a Skirnir that take turns ruining the Xenon's day! :lol:

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Thu, 19. Oct 23, 13:37

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Wed, 18. Oct 23, 18:28
There is a chance that
Spoiler
Show
Sanctuary of Darkness may appear below Depths of Silence
So, it would be only 4 jumps to Xenon's space.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”