[Change Request] Ships should deal damage against Stations OOZ

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you want Ships to deal damage against stations OOZ?

Yes
80%
Don't Care
20%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

[Change Request] Ships should deal damage against Stations OOZ

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:20

With Patch 3.5, all Ships don't deal damage against Stations OOZ, they only destroy by chance some turret's this normally ends up in Ships being destructed by really weak stations in a matter of minutes.
I think this change is just illogical, it destroys the balancing, breaks immersion, doesn't match IS Combat, and it's completely unintuitive.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

mr.malcom
x4

Post by mr.malcom » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:34

And Stations should have Shields.
Its annoying that every small fighter with firepower like an toothpick easy can damage the Hull.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:37

mr.malcom wrote:And Stations should have Shields.
Its annoying that every small fighter with firepower like an toothpick easy can damage the Hull.
Or can get an engineer, who only repairs the last 2-10% of hulldamage.
My X3 Mods

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:41

Just to clarify, there were balancing changes made in 3.50 but it didn't change how the damage was applied to stations. Even in pre-3.50 it only damaged surface elements such as turrets, not directly affecting the hull of the station parts.

And no, that doesn't match IZ behaviour and so it is something that may be looked at again some point.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:52

Xenon_Slayer wrote:Just to clarify, there were balancing changes made in 3.50 but it didn't change how the damage was applied to stations. Even in pre-3.50 it only damaged surface elements such as turrets, not directly affecting the hull of the station parts.

And no, that doesn't match IZ behaviour and so it is something that may be looked at again some point.
I think it's one of the last remaining big issues so it might get a high priority.
My X3 Mods

Araknis
x4

Re: [Change Request] Ships should deal damage against Stations OOZ

Post by Araknis » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:56

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:With Patch 3.5, all Ships don't deal damage against Stations OOZ, they only destroy by chance some turret's this normally ends up in Ships being destructed by really weak stations in a matter of minutes.
I think this change is just illogical, it destroys the balancing, breaks immersion, doesn't match IS Combat, and it's completely unintuitive.
Can you please describe a situation where you would want a fight between a ship and a station ooz?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:59

Araknis wrote:
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:With Patch 3.5, all Ships don't deal damage against Stations OOZ, they only destroy by chance some turret's this normally ends up in Ships being destructed by really weak stations in a matter of minutes.
Can you please describe a situation where you would want a fight between a ship and a station ooz?
Plot Game:
PMC Tech in Lab Ascendency > Buried Treasure vs Fullmekron, because it kills all Freighter in a mater of seconds before they can jump away, so it needs to get killed all 30 minutes.
My X3 Mods

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 16:20

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Araknis wrote: Plot Game:
PMC Tech in Lab Ascendency > Buried Treasure vs Fullmekron, because it kills all Freighter in a mater of seconds before they can jump away, so it needs to get killed all 30 minutes.
ok, but if you want a station destroyed, wouldnt you be in the sector with your fleet?
I am not against your proposal, i am just trying to understand better how useful it is.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 17:03

Araknis wrote: ok, but if you want a station destroyed, wouldnt you be in the sector with your fleet?
I am not against your proposal, i am just trying to understand better how useful it is.
Sitting 24/7 in this ugly AL system, by the way there is another Station of PMC close to a jump beacon in AL.
And it doesn't matter how many ships you sent ti put the station down it will simply kill them with the actual OOZ fight.
My X3 Mods

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”