[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 02:51

This is the new version of the X Plugin Manager. Its a complete rewrite from the old one due to the code being last and should completly replace it
This version is compatible with all X3 Games, including X3: Farnham's Legacy

:!: NOTE: Uninstaller any previous version below 1.40. Ie, 1.30 or any of the 1.40 beta versions before installing. The installer used has changed and u'll end up with 2 seperate copies otherwise

Image Download

Click Here For MAC Users Thread

:arrow: Latest Beta: Download Here
If you want to help test the latest beta, visit the link above. If you just want to install/use scripts and mods, then download the latest stable version below.
:arrow: Mac Version: Here
:arrow: Source: here
:arrow: Svn: https://cycrow.co.uk/svn/spk

:!: NOTE: If you are having problems, please refer to the FAQ in the next post first

:arrow: Installing
  • To Install, download and run the program then follow the install wizard, choosing the install directory, start menu directory, etc.

You will also get to choose the extra software to include

• Auto Updater: Allows the program to auto update when you run the plugin manager
    • SPK Tools: A set of command line tools for using spk tools
    • VC++ Redistributable: This are required librarys for the program, might already be available. If the program doesn't load, try installing these
    • Desktop Shortcuts: Creates a shortcut on the desktop for the Plugin Manager
    Once installed, you need to run the program once to do its initial setup. This is done automatically when running for the first time. It will attempt to find your installed games and add the directories.

If you doesn't find them, you will need to add them manually. Goto the settings menu and select "Add Directory", then browse to your game directory.

:arrow: Using
  • The program is fairly simple to use, unlike the old plugin manager, there are very few options, and most things are done automatically for you.

If you want to use install scripts and mods that aren't signed, ie, not part of the bonus pack, then you first need to active the manager into modified mode. This is done via the settings menu

To install new packages, simply press the "Install Package" button then select the SPK file you wish to install.

This will open the install package dialog, which will display details about the package before install it.

If you install a multi-spk file, with more than 1 package in, you will also get a list of all packages you are about to install.
:arrow: Important Information
  • Remember to close the plugin manager before running the game.
:arrow: Features Not Currently Included
  • These are the list of features that are not included in this version, but will be available in the future
    • Changable Language Display
Last edited by Cycrow on Wed, 28. Dec 16, 18:34, edited 28 times in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 03:05

Frequently Asked Questions

:arrow: Trouble Shooting
  • Q: When i try to run the program, i get an error about side by side error and it wont load
    A: You need to install the VC++ Distributables if you get this error, they are in the main installer, just reinstall and make sure the option is selected

Q: I use many scripts that require EMP, do i need to install EMP seperatly ?
    A: No, the plugin manager will generate the requires files for EMP automatically, so theres no need to use it seperatly

Q: I have some scripts installed that use wares, but they dont have the correct ware name, more like a code
    A: This is a problem with EMP, make sure the standalone version is removed and let the plugin manager use its own version

Q: I keep getting a warning about a protected directory, what does this mean?
    A: This means that the game you are trying to control is in a windows protected directory, this means windows might block the installing of packages without plugin manager being aware. Its best to install the game outside of the protected directories, ie, not in Program Files

Q: Im getting an error about the game directory being locked?
    A: This means that the plugin manager doesn't have write permissions to the game directory, so it cant create any files for the game. You will need to fix this by adjusting the directory permissions to allow the plugin manager access, or by copying the game elsewhere (ie not in Program Files). Running the plugin manager in admin mode could also fix it

Q: I have installed various ships, but they are not showing up in game
    A: Make sure the plugin manager is closed before launching the game, or that you have used the game launcher

Q: When trying to install a new version of the plugin manager, its failing on some files (access denied)
    A: Make sure you dont have any of the plugin manager programs loaded (including the game launcher in the systray). Otherwise, try rebooting, as windows could have locked writing to one of the dll's

Q: I tried to use the creation wizard in the Creator, but its not letting me
    A: This feature is not fully implemented yet, so is disabled for now

Q: when installing packages im getting an error about a Locked Directory
    A: This is a problem with windows permisions on the game directory, preveting the plugin manager from access the game. To fix you need to either adjust windows permissions to the game directory or move the game somewhere else. Alternativly you can also run the plugin manager in admin mode

Q: In the Creator, the weapons/missile groups are not showing the correct text
    A: You need to make sure you have added your game directories in the creators options. This will allow it to load the games files and text to display them correctly in the editor. Without reading the game data it will just display generic texts

Q: When trying to use Albion Prelude the plugin manager seems to show it was Terran Conflict
    A: First make sure that in the drop down menu, it shows the correct AP directory, if its correct, then the plugin manager has detected the game wrong. To fix it, delete the file, "My Documents/Egosoft/pluginmanager.dat" then reload the plugin manager (and add the directory again if its not detected)
:arrow: General Help
  • Q: I want to create a zip file for my packages as well, is there an easy way to do this?
    A: Yes, there are several. Once the package is created, you can right click on it and goto export to zip, and it'll create a zip file of the package. You can also do simlar inside the Creator, have the package loaded and use the Export button to create a zip file. Finally, if you create your packages via a script, you can use the command, AutoExport: <filename>, and it'll create both the spk and the zip of the package.

Q: In the zip file i have a pluginmanager.txt file thats not part of the package, what is this for?
    A: This contains data that the plugin manager can use if you install the zip file via the Install Archive option. It will assign the correct package name, version, author, etc to the installed archive

Q: I have both TC and AP installed but its not detecting, or working with AP
    A: Try deleting the pluginmanager.dat file from My Documents/Egosoft. This holds the list of directories it is using. Remove the file will cause it to re-scan for the directories and you might have to manually re add some

Q: In the Package Creator, it doesn't display the text for the lasers/missiles
    A: To see the text you first need to make sure you add the game directories in the Creator, you can do this from the settings menu. You can add directories for each game. Once they are added and the text is loaded, it should display them in the Customise ship menu

Q: The price of some wares that i have installed are far too expensive, how can i change this.
    A: You can override the price of any wares/upgrades that you have installed. You need to run the Plugin Manager in Advanced mode. Then in the advanced menu, open the wares dialog, right click on the ware you want to edit and edit the price
Last edited by Cycrow on Sun, 12. Jul 15, 16:53, edited 15 times in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 03:05

:arrow: Changes in 1.85
  • Fixed installing of X3 Reunion scripts
  • Fixed globals when package is disabled
:arrow: Changes in 1.84
  • Fixed TextDB crash (Displaying Custom Wares Dialog)
  • Fixed signed package check for globals
:arrow: Changes in 1.83
  • Improved ship installing for FL
  • Updated linking script to use types file instead of text file (for FL)
:arrow: Changes in 1.82
  • Fixed auto updater
:arrow: Changes in 1.81
  • Fixed installing packages from archives
:arrow: Changes in 1.80
  • Added UTF8 support
  • Added support for Cyrillic filenames and text
  • Added Global settings to indiviual packages (allowing multiple packages to edit globals)
  • Fixed Readme files not installing correctly
  • Fixed ScriptType reading in packager scripts
  • Fixed "Allow Selection" for Multi-Packages in creator
:arrow: Changes in 1.71
  • Fixed FakePatch compatability check for X3FL
  • Fixed generation of text files
:arrow: Changes in 1.70
  • Fixed Game exe name displaying (removed brackets)
  • Fixed version checks
  • Fixed fake patch shuffling
  • Fixed duplicate entries in Package Browser
  • Fixed list of packages in Package Browser (incorrectly filtering some out)
  • Fixed packing multiple files from packager scripts
  • Improved downloading of packages
  • Moved downloaded packages to MyDocuments (to prevent access rights)
  • Added caching of downloadable packages
  • Added automatic downloading of dependency packages
:arrow: Changes in 1.63
  • Fixed Game Launcher
  • Fixed auto text renaming
  • Added automatic file packing from packager scripts
  • Added Visual Studio Redist 2022 to installer
:arrow: Changes in 1.62
  • Fixed AutoUpdater
  • Fixed installing of dependacies
:arrow: Changes in 1.61
  • Fixed installing of FakePatches
  • Fixed Enabling of packages
  • Updated for VS2022/Windows 11

:arrow: Changes in 1.6
  • Added new Directory Control dialog for adding/removing game directories
  • Improved Mod File handling
  • Fixed crash in fake patch control
  • Improved extraction options for package files
  • Added files being connected to multiple games
  • Added support for automatically installing found dependacies
  • Added support for X3 Farnham's Legacy
:arrow: Changes in 1.531
  • Fixed mistake in existing file matching
:arrow: Changes in 1.53:
  • Fixed exporting of Bodies file
  • Improvements to Texture extracting when importing ships
  • Added shader files to Ship Extraction
  • Virtual File System will now find matching pbd/bod if it cant read the bob files
  • Virtual File System correctly matches files with different extensions (pbb, pbd, bob, bod, xml, txt, pck)
  • Added libx2bc to allow decompiling of bob files
  • Fixed some read text errors in ship names (null race and variants)
  • Fixed ship name when importing ship
:arrow: Changes in 1.52:
  • Fixed Finding Download of packages for multiple games (Didn't show when AP directory selected)
  • Adjusting loading of text files in creator (They are now loaded on demand rather than all in one go)
  • Ship Creator, Customise Ship, Default weapons now based on the primary game selected
  • Ship Creator, Customise Ship, Weapons list now scrollable when disabled (set to using defaults)
  • Ship Creator, Customise Ship, weapons list when using defaults will now show the default lasers checked (Not changedable)
  • Game Launcher, now resume the same plugin mananger that launched it (lite or advanced)
  • Game Launcher, added Advanced plugin manager to menu
  • Creator, Added "New" items to File menu (From Archive, Import from VFS, etc)
  • Creator, Fixed maxmising package form when importing ships.
  • Creator, ship values added to packager script (and pluginmanager.txt) when exported
  • Added Generated files when exporting to zip (TShips, TCockpit, Components, etc)
  • Extract/Export from file context menu no longer opens the file in the Creator if its already running
:arrow: Changes In 1.48:
  • Improved command line arguments for using --gamerun
  • Adjusted dummies creation (striped out rogue spaces)
  • Fixed compatibility issues with some mods (XRM, Litcube)
  • Fixed Importing ship from VFS
  • Additional improvements to Importing ship files
  • Improvements to ship installing in Albion Prelude
  • Fixed adding X3AP.exe so it no longer defaults to TC
  • Fixed importing of text files for ships
:arrow: Changes From 1.30:
  • Includes support for Albion Prelude
  • Added support to allow multiple game compatabilities
  • Added support to set which game each file can be installed into
  • Includes XModDiff/XModPatch utils
  • Multi Package Support (SPK/XSP)
  • View Fake Patch Assignments
  • Auto Update for all Packages
  • Custom Gui
  • Find packages online
  • Archive support convert/install from zip/rar
  • Export to zip
  • Improved save game manager
New Package Creator allowing you to create and edit package files

Also allows editing and creating ship packages

Last edited by Cycrow on Sat, 8. Aug 15, 20:06, edited 4 times in total.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 05:43

Downloading now!!

Great to see the future of X3 developing with community support especially yours.

Thanks
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 15:47

Thanks for all your hard work!

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 18:14

Indeed, Thank you Cycrow.

Hey Cycrow, should I be repackaging my scripts with this program or is it okay to leave them as is (packaged with the old program)?

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 19:02

there is no new program to repack scripts right now.

the script packager thats included, is just the 2.20 one from the old plugin manager

there will be a new version eventually, and when thats out, u should use that one, but until then, the old one is the one to use, same is true for the SPK Explorer

the only problems is that these 2 tools wont work with the newer version spk, the ones with the ratings, and pictures embedded, as seen in the install dialog, for the Salvage Claim Software

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 23:14

Hi Cycrow, hope all your troubles are getting resolved.

With this version of the plugin manager I decided to go for a clean install.

Un-installed everything, deleted all X3 folders and plugin manager residue (checked save game/user/and program files folders), then had a good clean out with CCleaner for files and registry.

Installed X3TC
Patch 1.01 to 2.5 X3TC

Then installed Plugin manager

I have three spk's which work with your new version......

SSwamp_Troopers performance boost
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=227738

Alex2069's Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.41
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223503

And your Cheat collection package
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691

First associated spk's with your plugin manager, then double clicked the above in that order.

Following that I have a few more installations but they are all fake patch and scripts.....

Lowpolyroids 2.04 (using the zipped fake patch because the spk version will not install with this version of plugin manager)

PSCO's cockpit mod 1.20a - fake patch

NoCivsFull v3.0 - fake patch

Lucikes script collection 29th Nov 2009
- Only using libs/CAG/ESD/Dockwaremanager
http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/transla ... 601d459535

Anarkis Defence System v2.10
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=246767

M.A.R.S v4.79
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217470

Long story but included the above in case I am causing conflicts....

Problem: None of the three spk's installed appear in the X-Universe plugin manager lite Installed Packages window.

Everything installed IS working as it should, but its like the plugin manager has forgotten what it has installed.

I dont currently have X3R installed, just X3TC.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 23:18

did u try to open the plugin manager and then install them that way.

run the spk file by associating them with the installer is not currently supported.

and hasn't been tested at all.

most likly is that the settings are not being saved after the isntall so the plugin manager.

that feature isn't available until 1.10

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 23:28

:) No, I assumed wrongly the file association and double click would be okay. Well its been tested now, they all installed okay and working fine but thats the resulting problem (for me anyway).

Going to reverse and re-install via the Plugin manager menu, if I don't report back in half hour you can assume alls well.

Thanks Cycrow

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 23:37

:D Works, installed packages now updated and all working as expected

Edit: I didnt un-install anything, I just went straight to the menu install of Plugin manager (I figured after the re-install it would only write over what has already been installed and then update its list of installed packages).. alls well

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 00:00

alt3rn1ty wrote::D Works, installed packages now updated and all working as expected

Edit: I didnt un-install anything, I just went straight to the menu install of Plugin manager (I figured after the re-install it would only write over what has already been installed and then update its list of installed packages).. alls well
u figured right, after installing again, the plugin manager will link all the files to itself properly

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 23:57

this is not working as smoothly as the original one.

Program does not "remember" mod package selection choice.

Program is not remembering what scripts I installed. Have to "reinstall" each spk each time I start the game. Might have to do with non default install directory and save game directory.

There does not seem to be an uninstall option in vista control panel to remove this program.

Looks nice. like the new features, but I'm going back to the old one.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 00:27

no one else seems to be having this problem ?

and its been extensivily tested.

the program should be remembering everything thats installed just fine.

how are you installing the spk files ?

as for the uninstall option, this is created in the same way as the old program, so it should essentially be the same.

the initial install, and uninstall, is handled by NSIS

exhale99

Post by exhale99 » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 15:52

i look forward to this especially for the ship installs. much better then porting them by hand.

captain1
x3

Post by captain1 » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 00:04

this program will not work
it said it couldn"t find
the applcation
to reinstall so i did and the same thing

AndrewGR
x3tc

Post by AndrewGR » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 10:39

Great work Cycrow (once more, that is !!!)

All works great for me, a question though: the Auto-Updater option PROBABLY refers to the program itself & not to installed packages - any chance of that upcoming ???

Congratulations again...
Ace

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 14:58

captain1 wrote:this program will not work
it said it couldn"t find
the applcation
to reinstall so i did and the same thing
could not find what application ?

when did it say that, and what kind of message was it ?

superbun
x3tc

Post by superbun » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 16:51

Nice to see the plugin manager still existis!

I was wondering if you're going to include the ship creator from the X3:R version of the plugin manager? that was handy for changing the stats of ships without having to mess arround in the game files...
Last transmission of split military python AE-316:
"Split say...ARRRGG!"
-------------------------------------------------------
X3:TC Soundtracks Tutoral

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 20:13

hey

i am running x plugin manager v2.20 beta 6--is that the current/latest one, or is the one linked in this thread the current one (or are they one and the same?)

thanks.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”