The current system uses a fixed range, giving it a relatively low upper limit on what you will face even at the highest combat rank.
This mod changes that by taking into account the player's fleet in the sector. If you are stronger than what the normal OBS would spawn, you get stronger opposition. If you are weaker, no change is made. This provides the best of both world, giving you casual missions if you want them, and big battles should you prefer those.
Install as a fake patch in the addon folder, or by placing in the mods folder and selecting it from the launch screen.
- Fixed a bug causing less opposition if the player was weaker than what the mission would normally spawn.
- First pass on improving opposition fleet composition. Feedback is requested: too hard? too easy? just right?
- Added some randomness to the players fleet strength calculation.
- NOTE: You may have to reset the mission director cues if you are updating. Esc->Gameplay->Mission Director->Reset Cues
- WARNING: The changes to fleet composition significantly increases the difficulty at higher ranks, and this affects all missions. It is recommended that you install this as a mod package so you can turn it off and lick your wounds.
- Note: For large fleets there will be a significant delay between accepting a mission, and objective updating, due to the time it takes to create the fleet. The longer the delay, the more devout your prayers should become.
Improve fleet organization, placement, and naming.
Customization options and/or more dynamic opposition based on ?