[SCR] Universe Asteroid Yields

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

morbideth
x3tc

[SCR] Universe Asteroid Yields

Post by morbideth » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 18:56

In an effort to make it easier to find ideal sectors for complexes when you have mods that add new sectors. I created a tool to show the yields of the asteroids in the universe, and sort them.

Simply install into your addon folder (for AP) or your Terran conflict folder (for TC) and assign a hotkey. Once you press the hotkey you will get a menu displaying the cumulative yields for sectors, similar to the following:

The sectors are color coded by their relation to you. Red is hostile, green is a player sector, blue is an unknown sector, and yellow is everything else.

Clicking on a given sectors will display the following menu with more information about that sector's asteroids:

Note: This does not include the yield of asteroids you have built a mine on. Also this does not check to see if you have scanned the asteroids. If enough people feel that is too cheaty, I can create an option to only show scanned asteroids.

Change log:

v1.01
Updated to be compatible with TC.
Moved some text to the text file, in the event anyone wishes to translate this into another language.

Resources Used:
/t

These scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in your topic.
Last edited by morbideth on Mon, 24. Sep 12, 01:49, edited 2 times in total.

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 00:25

Im presuming this is for AP? Some of those sectors dont look like TC :(

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 04:40

Calgor Grim wrote:Im presuming this is for AP? Some of those sectors dont look like TC :(
It should work with either, but i have not personally tested it with TC.

Some of those sectors are not vanilla. I made it because I was playing a mod that added a lot of sectors and it was too much effort to tally up all the 'roid yields by hand.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 19:18

ARGH!! :evil:
Tested it with TC v3.2. I confirm it is currently NOT compatible.

Reason:Usage of the command: "add new grouping to menu"

This command is unfortunately not supported in TC. If you want, you could make a little vid and upload it somewhere, so I know how it should look like.
I could then try to make it compatible to TC.
Of course, only if you don't mind or want to make it compatible yourself.
cheers

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 22:26

Nicoman35 wrote:ARGH!! :evil:
Tested it with TC v3.2. I confirm it is currently NOT compatible.

Reason:Usage of the command: "add new grouping to menu"

This command is unfortunately not supported in TC. If you want, you could make a little vid and upload it somewhere, so I know how it should look like.
I could then try to make it compatible to TC.
Of course, only if you don't mind or want to make it compatible yourself.
cheers
I'll make a TC version in the next couple of day, this weekend at the latest. It shouldn't be difficult to edit it.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 01:39

Updated, should work in TC now, at least it did for me.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 10:27

TY very much. Now it works! :)
Made few little changes for me, as excriptor would not load the script on account of some AP code.

ClastMalon
x3tc

Post by ClastMalon » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 16:12

This is a great script and works fine, but is there another script that does the same thing but only tells me about asteroids I have scanned? Knowing what I haven't scanned feels a bit too much like cheating, and also I'd previously scanned some nice asteroids for mining later and I've forgotten where they were.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 17:43

@ ClastMalon: The author has not posted on the forums for 2 years so I doubt you will get a reply here. Try looking in the Scripts and Mods guides.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 17:48

ClastMalon wrote:This is a great script and works fine, but is there another script that does the same thing but only tells me about asteroids I have scanned? Knowing what I haven't scanned feels a bit too much like cheating, and also I'd previously scanned some nice asteroids for mining later and I've forgotten where they were.
You should use a script to note things like that, like Customlog by X2-Illuminatus.

ClastMalon
x3tc

Post by ClastMalon » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 17:48

Thanks, looked there already, think maybe what I want doesn't exist. I could always learn how to write scripts I guess :)

Edit: Thanks Joubarbe, I'll give that a go.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”