. . Currently Mission Director(MD) can start a script and pass arguments into the script while it is impossible for a Script Engine/Editor(SE) to directly start or pass arguments to MD. This means that MD to SE communication is a one way transaction.
. . However, MD does have the ability to monitor for changes in the game and some of those changes can be manipulated by SE. MD Control(MDC) has been created to allow you to use SE to manipulate: start, stop, and send variables, your MDs by simply passing a key and any variables to MDC.
. . MDC accomplishes this by creating a logic circuit consisting of control ships and stations in an isolated sector. The SE then utilizes the logic circuit to communicate with the MD. Game performance should not be affected, since there is very little processing required and the ships/stations race logic is turned off.
- Change the directory name from "director Vanilla" or "director XTC" to "director" based on which map you are using Vanilla or XTC.
- Reinit script cache, then follow the instruction messages.
MD_Control_Sector.xml -- (MD: Control sector/ships/stations creator)
MD_variable.xml -- (MD: MDC's Variable handler)
setup.md.control.xml -- (SE: MDC Setup)
md.control.create.xml -- (SE: Initial setup of stations/ships)
md.control.key.xml -- (SE: processes your key and sends it to main)
md.control.main.xml -- (SE: activates MD)
md.control.reset.xml -- (SE: resets ships and stations)
9876-L044.xml -- (T: Contains control sector's name: MD Control)
Note: The sector MD Control only appears on flat maps. If you are using the vanilla map style, then press 'm' until it is displayed in the description box, typically two times.
MD_template.xml -- (MD: Template to follow to use MDC)
MD_Example_Test.xml -- (MD: Example/Test MD)
md.control.example.test.xml -- (SE: Used to activate MD_Example_Test
- Example v1.1 - Testing Procedure
- Place all files in respective folders (MD in /director, SE in /scripts, T in /t)
- Load a save or create a new game
- Wait for pause and two messages:
- MDC-SE: script delay
- MDC-MD: control sector creation
- Reinit script cache
- Wait for pause and message, MDC-SE: Ready
- Open script editor
- Run: -md.control.example.test-