Things that you need :
-A missile frigate capable of using boarding pods, (you cannot get this ship with an m6 anymore.)
-4 boarding pods
-some compatible missiles for defence is you want to aquire it in the hard way. (in the case enemies spawns in the sector)
-singularity time accelerator.
20x 4 star all around marines.
you can do it with 3 star fight skill marines (expect casualties)
1. find the aran using your favorite missile frigate. you can try to find it in a calm sector, might take longer but will allow you to use less skilled marines, (however i do recommend 4 stars and up)
2. eject using your space suit repair laser, make it hostile, (yes Aran computer hates unnauthorized personal repairing the ship. )
3. Launch marines using the barriage command present in your M7M
4. wait for your prize,
5 once captured the Aran will become targetable, as any other ship (thanks to Egosoft for fixing the bug)
you can do it with low eng skill marines but will require that you repair the ship , (some use the SETA trick) until o2 runs out , with low Eng skill (2 stars) ship will be captuired with around 20-30 % of hull integrity.
you can try to capture it in sectors with enemy, if this is the case you neeedd maxed out marines in eng, otherwise the chances of your marines looking for a airlock due to hull integrity going critical will destroy your attempt.
in my experience and calculations it is quite hard for having a aran with over 35% of hull integrity. there is no way to know but based on experience and knowing how much damage your marines can do to a m1 (with current skills can give you an idea when the ship is captured)
Marked in spoiler is the old information as reference.
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... n00004.jpg
screenshot taken from the bridge of the ARAN. there is no "modified" tag
capping it. was ... extremely fun.
i will post a guide of how to cap that thing ..
there is a catch. the ship wont show up in map, it will only show in your property screen, (i will try to RE-Eng. the thing to see if i can build it. without that detail.
1. get 5 REALLY good marines (mechanical maxxed)
2. start looking for the thing with the unfocused jumpdrive
3. clear enemies if there is one close
4. i used my hyperion vanguard. (hide the transporter device in a docked ship (very important)
5. once cleared. get out in your space suit. and use repair laser on it (the ship seems to be pretty low on health (my marines are maxed in eng.)
6 you will eventually hear the combat music (the aran hates being repair it seems)
7 open your menu, under piracy, board.
8. the aran since its hostile and it has no shields. launch marines. (nearest target ARAN should be highlighted)
9 wait till the ship is captured.
10. in your property screen, look for the aram. transfer some Ecells jumdrive.
11. click on the ARAN , then tell doCk at. (this will work like a charm if you got a docking computer.
12. you will find yourself in the aram. and the vette should be in the hangar.
13. use return to normal space (shift J ) change ship , send the thing to repair. via property screen,
note. you will see the gravidar area but the ship is invisible, but i think we can RE....
more if i find a way to fix it. hehe