[TC] Goner Aran Capped!!!!!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

Goner Aran Capped!!!!!!!

Post by palm911 » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 10:03

Updated for 2.7.1

Things that you need :

-A missile frigate capable of using boarding pods, (you cannot get this ship with an m6 anymore.)

-4 boarding pods

-some compatible missiles for defence is you want to aquire it in the hard way. (in the case enemies spawns in the sector)

-singularity time accelerator.

Marines :
20x 4 star all around marines.
you can do it with 3 star fight skill marines (expect casualties)

Steps :

1. find the aran using your favorite missile frigate. you can try to find it in a calm sector, might take longer but will allow you to use less skilled marines, (however i do recommend 4 stars and up)

2. eject using your space suit repair laser, make it hostile, (yes Aran computer hates unnauthorized personal repairing the ship. )

3. Launch marines using the barriage command present in your M7M

4. wait for your prize,

5 once captured the Aran will become targetable, as any other ship (thanks to Egosoft for fixing the bug)

you can do it with low eng skill marines but will require that you repair the ship , (some use the SETA trick) until o2 runs out , with low Eng skill (2 stars) ship will be captuired with around 20-30 % of hull integrity.

you can try to capture it in sectors with enemy, if this is the case you neeedd maxed out marines in eng, otherwise the chances of your marines looking for a airlock due to hull integrity going critical will destroy your attempt.

in my experience and calculations it is quite hard for having a aran with over 35% of hull integrity. there is no way to know but based on experience and knowing how much damage your marines can do to a m1 (with current skills can give you an idea when the ship is captured)

Marked in spoiler is the old information as reference.

Spoiler
Show
OK . managed to cap one. im uploading pictures. (unmodified game)

wohoo

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... n00004.jpg

screenshot taken from the bridge of the ARAN. there is no "modified" tag

capping it. was ... extremely fun.

i will post a guide of how to cap that thing ..

there is a catch. the ship wont show up in map, it will only show in your property screen, (i will try to RE-Eng. the thing to see if i can build it. without that detail.

Guide:

1. get 5 REALLY good marines (mechanical maxxed)
2. start looking for the thing with the unfocused jumpdrive
3. clear enemies if there is one close
4. i used my hyperion vanguard. (hide the transporter device in a docked ship (very important)
5. once cleared. get out in your space suit. and use repair laser on it (the ship seems to be pretty low on health (my marines are maxed in eng.)
6 you will eventually hear the combat music (the aran hates being repair it seems)
7 open your menu, under piracy, board.
8. the aran since its hostile and it has no shields. launch marines. (nearest target ARAN should be highlighted)
9 wait till the ship is captured.
10. in your property screen, look for the aram. transfer some Ecells jumdrive.
11. click on the ARAN , then tell doCk at. (this will work like a charm if you got a docking computer.
12. you will find yourself in the aram. and the vette should be in the hangar.
13. use return to normal space (shift J ) change ship , send the thing to repair. via property screen,

note. you will see the gravidar area but the ship is invisible, but i think we can RE....

more if i find a way to fix it. hehe
Last edited by palm911 on Mon, 12. Jul 10, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
X gamer , one at a time.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 10:28

Hmmm.. interesting... congratulations on your result.

A couple of questions...

Q1) Did you use boarding pods?

Q2) Did the Aran have any shields?

Q3) How did you target it?
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 10:30

no. i was not able to launch BP on the aran. you cannot target it.

but the piracy menu , you will see when trying to boarding the closest ship. in this case was the aran. i launched and the marines just went in.

the ship had no shields. at all. i make it hostile by using the repair laser.

EDIT : the ship is bugged. (not surprised) . you can command the ship from "my property" but in space. you cannot 1: target it. or give commands. you cannot see the ship in sector, but you can spot things with the scanners. lol..

cant do right now the reverse-eng. (working on waffers. and saving all the chips i can make, (ill say it will take a week to finish hub. and get a PHQ.

if you script the thing, will be normal?
should i post this in tech support?

thanks.
X gamer , one at a time.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 11:42

Very cool. thanks for the information. I think I'll hunt one down myself!

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 15:05

It would seem that your capture of the Aran has ended the debate on whether the ship can be aquired or not in a vanilla game.

Is the ship functional (i.e. loading/storing cargo, docking ships) despite it being bugged or is it just a giant paperweight?

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 19:56

yes it is functional.but tricky to use. there is only 2 problems. 1 in sector map or sector listing it will not show up inthere. but you can issue commands like docking ships, and into station using my Property menu.

i reported the bug. and it is here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=240849

if you see the following pick you will notice the problem itself, also the other problem is that you cannot target it, if you are in another ship in the same sector,

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buggyaram.jpg

i think you can park that thing in the middle of xenon and they will ignore it. i will test that one later.

is also the most expensive ship to repair. over 1.5m for 1%

spent like 2 hours to dock the thing into ocean of fantasy. with the damage it had, it was traveling at 2ms hahah...
X gamer , one at a time.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 21:03

palm911 wrote:is also the most expensive ship to repair. over 1.5m for 1%

spent like 2 hours to dock the thing into ocean of fantasy. with the damage it had, it was traveling at 2ms hahah...

If the thing can be RE'd why oh why spend untold millions on repairs? Wonder how long it would take to repair with the spacesuit laser.....couple game days most likely. Assuming it can be RE'd I'd wager that the resoures needed to reproduce one would surpass the HUB in ware requirements.....3 million units of ore w/ 100 million e-cells coming up. :)
Not to mention the amount of time it would take to be RE'd then reproduced.

2m/s.....that's........pretty ****ing slow, even slower than the Valhalla (even if the Aran was fully repaired). Just don't put your PHQ 100+km from a gate otherwise it will be a long, long time before the Aran makes it there.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Sun, 29. Mar 09, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 21:29

ship hull was at 10% . heh. it has a max speed of 12ms.

the good thing is that the ship can dock any ship in the game, has insane cargo space (150,000) . if you think the phoenix is a pain in the arse to turn. wait to see the aran. its a good ship for " put me in a sector" and use me to rearm and supply ship. or just put all your warez in me" kinda ship.
X gamer , one at a time.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 23:21

Moving in to try it right now, my first jump was to the sector where the Aran is in, so ill report back shortly.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 23:49

Inspired by the original poster, I went in search of one of these beasties...

After much searching I found it, cleared the Xenon, turned it hostile and launched the marines... Simple....

Until.. A second wave of Xenon jump in missiles and guns blazing, and my marines floating merrily through the middle!!... Betty having a fit over missiles along with the Psychotic enthusiasm of my Boron marines, made it a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon...

Came through in the end, with only some minor damage to the Hyperion.

The Aran is at PHQ, though to RE it will take 4 days, 14 hours and 48 minutes!!

Not sure whether to do this yet, as an un-targattable ship that could carry an entire battle fleet right in to the heart of enemy territory could be useful..

On a side note (the result of an overactive imagination) - if I built 31 of these thing could I put 30 M2's onto 30 Arans, then those 30 Arans onto another Aran???!!!

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:04

Complete Success, it took some retrys, because the marines cant get trought the hull...

and it took me some time to figureout how to get inside the thing, i can only do things with him at the property list, no gravidar signature for me, neither i could click->dock, the only way to interat with him is via the property list.

Screenshoots follows.
http://i44.tinypic.com/28svn9s.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/2qa4qaa.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ljs6s4.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/hwigs9.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/4s0krm.png
http://i41.tinypic.com/nb800.png
http://i41.tinypic.com/5be8fo.png

i cant belive it was this easy to do it... how many time has passed since the game was released until someone figure this out?

it even has e-cells onboard, this was cleary planed!

PROBLEM!!! DAMN ITS TOO BIG FOR THE HQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it gets stuck in the HQ Hull....
http://i39.tinypic.com/1zf0y2o.png

Yes, it can be RE, 4 days cycle :O
http://i44.tinypic.com/29poplj.png

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:06

dillpickle wrote:
The Aran is at PHQ, though to RE it will take 4 days, 14 hours and 48 minutes!!

Not sure whether to do this yet, as an un-targattable ship that could carry an entire battle fleet right in to the heart of enemy territory could be useful..

On a side note (the result of an overactive imagination) - if I built 31 of these thing could I put 30 M2's onto 30 Arans, then those 30 Arans onto another Aran???!!!

Considering now that it takes that long to RE just one and reproduction takes the same amount of time as the RE phase trying to make 31 of those would take.....close to 150 game days w/o SETA active (I think, this is just a rough estimate with one RE time). Oh god that amount of time even w/SETA is too damn much. :headbang:

LTerSlash wrote:i cant belive it was this easy to do it... how many time has passed since the game was released until someone figure this out?

I think the first one who first figured it out (who posted) was Frostynso back in early Febuary. So...around 3 months give or take several days.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:17, edited 3 times in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:12

It would be interesting to see if an Aran built at the PHQ would still be untargettable.

I suspect it would be a regular ship.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:17

Since a manually spawned Aran is fully funcional, i think yes.

BTW: Maybe it gets normal once repaired?

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:36

Has anyone actually tried to dock an M2 or more into the Aran? Either OOS or IS?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: Goner Aran Capped!!!!!!!

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:36

palm911 wrote:4. i used my hyperion vanguard. (hide the transporter device in a docked ship (very important)
What is the significance of this? Do you actually need a transporter device?

I was planning on hunting it down with my Split Cobra M7M... tried one round of ~50 jumps before I got bored (no spawn of the Aran).

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:47

I SAW in a post, i do not remember when/where it was. that someone said that if you tractor beam the thing for a long time will be targetable again. (did not tried since it did not have much sense to me).

how i found it. well i was tractoring the thing to a calm spot. had 3 marines (weak marines 4 star mech. rest like 1 star,) for some reason i said well lets see if i need to repair the thing a bit , did not knew about the hull size at that moment. lol

suddenly while using my repair laser. i hear the music changed. and i was "OH CRAP" more khaak coming. jumped into the hyperion, open my map. nothing red. i was like hmmmm... combat music still playing. then i turn my ship and my back turret starts shooting at the aram... and killed the thing.

reload. got my repair laser again. fire on the aram. music changes (this time my turrets off) jumped in the hyperion, and under piracy menu i see the aran highlighted. .... launched marines. but they never went thru the hull.. i was like .. OH NO. .. no way to get my cobras in here with my fully marines. cannot target the thing . so reloaded an older save game. this time got my best marines. (5 of then) ....

after 1 hour and a half i find the aram again. this time a Xenon infected sector, 2 ks on my tail around 5 ps . and a bunch of L. Ms and Ns. that force was betewn me and my prize. so hit thrusters went to the oposite side. and killed fighters then the Ps. (more waves of fighters came in) dispatched all of then. the K i positioned myself betewn the two. the PPC started to hit each other. until one was dead. the other one . had 30% shields. so i hit trusters. and killed it with rocks. (yes) started to shot the big asteroids with the mining laser . and the k on my back. it did not avoid the smaller rocks. but it began to give some damage to K shields.

then launched a couple of typhoons. and 2 hammerheads. (all of then impacted the K. killing it.

went back. launched marines they got in in the first try. but my gravidar now shows another pair of Ks/ got the thing. boarded. then i did not knew how to access it. how to dock in it. Ks coming closer.

I was about to make a difficult call. i cannot jump using the standard method and only 1 ship can get it out of there. should i leave my overtuned hyperion behind? (i was thinking WHY i did not took the OTAS M6? ) should i leave the aran .... i kept thinking about my 2 options.....

for some unknown reason i opened the property menu and i found the aran and the hype in the unknown sector. since i was near to it. click on it and i see dock at option available. i hit it. and using my docking computer i found myself in the aram bridge. the hype with the venti and another M3 was docked.

hit the return to normal . with a shinny untargetable, ARAM that can only issue orders via property screen.

cannot RE, doing the last piece hub mission, so right now is sitting in Onmicron lyrae . but ITS MINE. 4 days of RE, another 4 i presume to build it back.. not funny hehehehe ,

-------------------------------------------------------

my guess it is supposed to be that hard. so is this intended? i have no clue. the other thing is. can we cap more than 1? more will follow.
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 00:48

Roger L.S. Griffiths:

there is a bug when using unfocused JD. it seems to destroy the transporter device. but will not destroy it if that thing is in a ship docked to the jumper.
transported device is quite usefull specially if you are surrounded by enemies.

hunt it with a corvette. (you cannot use piracy option in a M7M) for some reason is grayed out. (and yes i got all my extentions installed)

get HIGHLY trained experienced marines. otherwise your marines will not get into the ship.
X gamer , one at a time.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 01:45

palm911 wrote:Roger L.S. Griffiths:

there is a bug when using unfocused JD. it seems to destroy the transporter device. but will not destroy it if that thing is in a ship docked to the jumper.
transported device is quite usefull specially if you are surrounded by enemies.

hunt it with a corvette. (you cannot use piracy option in a M7M) for some reason is grayed out. (and yes i got all my extentions installed)

get HIGHLY trained experienced marines. otherwise your marines will not get into the ship.
Well no problem there... all my marines are 5/5/5 trained :) ... Just tried it with my M7M... Piracy option disabled... advanced command piracy option does not work as it requires you to be able to target it for boarding pods... gonna try again... with an M6 this time :)

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 02:03

Repair it at the HQ will make it to dissapear for the time is in repair, so maybe the target signature will back... but the repair resources are crazy haha.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”