[X3:TC] Online Ship Statistic Compurator • • POSSIBLE SPOILERS • •

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

em3e3
x3tc

[X3:TC] Online Ship Statistic Compurator • • POSSIBLE SPOILERS • •

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 23:16

[X3:TC] Online Ship Statistic Compurator

http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/tc_ships.html

This project/page is in the alpha stage, so quite a bit can change. But that is a good thing, because this tool will change based on community feedback.

Currently, it shows just about every 'ship' listed in the TShips file. And it may not work on every browser just yet. But here's a quick run down of what it does:
  • Filters the list of ships found in X3:TC 2.1, based on single, multiple, or no criteria
  • Sorts the list, ascending or descending by clicking the column heading buttons
  • Uses maximum values wherever appropriate (shields, cargo, speed, etc)
  • Calculates total shield strength to use in filtering and sorting
  • Rows are colored according to the race of the ship
  • Includes categories for turning speed, shield recharge time, hangars, marines, decks, and weapons.
12/31/09 Update: I've implemented part of the weapon filtering function. By selecting one of the weapons in the drop-down menu, the list of ships will be filtered, showing only those ships that can mount the selected weapon, along with your other criteria. Once you've selected the weapon, the column labeled Laser will display where the weapon can mount on each ship. It should work in IE, Firefox, and Safari.
Last edited by em3e3 on Thu, 31. Dec 09, 22:00, edited 3 times in total.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 23:16

** reserving for future use **
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 23:25

Wow, very nice. I like it better than the database at x3tc.ru.

omegaxypher
x3

Post by omegaxypher » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 23:58

Holy Carp, this is the best thing ever!

Hmm, ATF are pretty well rounded compered to a lot of ships.

still a lot of ships seem to be not on this list yet. i cant wait to see this fully fleshed out!

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 01:02

Thanks guys! As for missing ships, this is practically everything in the TShips file. I've compared it to one of the spreadsheet lists, and if anything, I found some redundant entries. However, ES codes normal race ships used for Pirates differently, so I might have to change my data export.
8^)

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 01:53

Handy to have a quick ref guide on the web for comparison:

Potential upgrades?

1) For a more user freindly comparator it would be handy to exclude certain races by selection set (e.g not Khaak, Xenon, Pirate, Yaki etc). So if they is a way to hide rows (preferably by point and click but if the syntax in the search critereon had exclusion sets just as good)?

2) It's a bonus to see the price of ships you cannot normally purchase but it would still be nice to have an extra field to see if a purchase is available or if it only can be capped.

3) Looks do come into some peoples choice of ship so links of ship to screenshots? (3d view essentially, but to go one extra if that as a 4 pane including 2d views of side, front and top where possible also would make it awesome for making choices by effective combat facings, though how best to apply scale is a consideration). Might be a bit much to ask but thought I'd throw it in.

P.S. Many thanks for your efforts here and I'd like to especially thank you for your online calculators in general as they have made my experience of the X-Games all the more pleasurable. 8)

omegaxypher
x3

Post by omegaxypher » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 02:00

i see none of the otas fighters in the list.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 03:08

@pelador: that would be interesting to do. Select only the races, ship classes, etc that you want to see....hmmm, I'll have to think on that one.

@omegaxypher: They are Argon ships, as defined by ES. I've debated (with myself) whether to flag them as a separate race, even though they are not.
8^)

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 03:25

The shield regen appears to be missing?

Also, the the bigger ships are as much defined by weapon differences as they are by stats differences so it's not going to be terribly useful for comparing them in it's current state.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Shadark

Post by Shadark » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 03:30

Very nice sir. M6 seems to be missing from the class selection atm. Would be nice to have an option/column for turret layout: Heavy Centaur would be 6:2:2:2 or 6:2(3) for example.

Looking pretty good so far.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 16:22

@NeverSnake - still working on the calculations for the shield regen time. Weapon loadout is on its way, it just doesn't look right yet.

@Shadark - wow, how did I miss the M6! Good suggestion on the gun slots, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!
8^)

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 16:43

em3e3 wrote:@pelador: that would be interesting to do. Select only the races, ship classes, etc that you want to see....hmmm, I'll have to think on that one.

@omegaxypher: They are Argon ships, as defined by ES. I've debated (with myself) whether to flag them as a separate race, even though they are not.
I'd say put them as their own race, seeing as they are a specific range of ships, designed by OTAS. For the same reason, it'd be nice to have a Pirate Modded race for the pirate variants of normal ships.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 18:29

The Split ships aren't represented on the drop down menu under "race;"
but it's an excellent tool for comparison.
[EDIT] I especially like the search options and the ability to narrow your results: for instance I wanted to see all the TL's that are faster than 106 m/s. Sweet :D
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 19:01

Yes, the pirate ships definitely need to be flagged somehow as it's currently impossible to tell them from the non-pirate version unless you know the stats beforehand (or guess based on the speed).
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

omegaxypher
x3

Post by omegaxypher » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 20:00

the eclipse is missing from the list :O

thoggarth
x4

Post by thoggarth » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 20:23

This is great. Last night (before finding this) I was looking for an M7 to buy. I was looking for one with a hanger, and having checked a few shipyards thought that none of them did. In the end plumped for the Tiger and I couldn't work out why the Panther was listed as a different ship. Now I realise - it has a hanger! Can't bothered to reload, but I now have enough money to buy the Panther instead, so I think I'll sell the Tiger and transfer all the weapons etc over. A small loss, but I should end up with what I wanted in the first place. If only I had waited day...

The prices look strange - are they sale prices? The Boreas looks cheap at about 60m when mine cost me 91m!

thoggarth
x4

Post by thoggarth » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 20:31

From a presentation point of view would it be possible to do something like you get in Excel so that you can fix the headings on the page, and then scroll the list of ships below that. It would be good to always have the headings in sight when you a looking down the bottom of a long list.

Otherwise some sort of weapons filter would be good, as I can see me using this to try to work out which cap ship to buy, and their ability to fire certain weapon types us critical for this.

omegaxypher
x3

Post by omegaxypher » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 20:34

oh crap ignore that last post, I found my eclipse.... M3+

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 01:41

@MegaJohnny - I agree, Otas ships are now separate, as well as the pirate versions of race ships

@surferx - thanks and thanks!

@NeverSnake - I agree. Strangely enough, the Advanced Eclipse is set to Pirate...

@thoggarth - prices are based on the RE/Production value of the ship, so the price doesn't include installed wares like shields, guns, or extensions. Good idea about the fixed headings, I'll see what I can do.

Still working on a good way to present the weapon loadout information, and I hope to have something complete soon. Also, I still haven't figured out the calculation for the basic ship prices (the prices shown in the info window of the shipyard, not the trade window). So that means manually updated them from the game info.
8^)

omegaxypher
x3

Post by omegaxypher » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 02:18

Does the valhalla really have that much firepower?!

seriously it has the most guns, shields, speed and can even carry ships... its a god damn battlecarrier!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”