[AL.Plugin] [TC][AP] Yaki Armada v.2.11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

[AL.Plugin] [TC][AP] Yaki Armada v.2.11

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 18:35

--------------------
Yaki Armada 2
--------------------

Hi people!
I am presenting you my version of the mod Yaki Armada 2 by SerialKicked.

My version is designed to work especially with ADS-RWE!

[ external image ]

Two additional resources needed formerly included in the mod!
This is neccessary, because my versions of ADS-RWE and Pirate Guild 3 need these resources too.
Anarkis Libraries
ECS

Changelog

v2.11
  • - Some little bugfixes
Last edited by Nicoman35 on Mon, 27. Oct 14, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 13:33

I've seen a bunch of posts of yours which were "your versions" of scripts by other authors.

I assume you got permission from all the original authors to do this?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 14:29

I have asked them all, but got no answers but one.

Overwatch

Post by Overwatch » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 12:02

The important parts are that:
  • Nothing he has patched and released has been updated in a while.

His version of ADS both adds new features, and breaks compatibility with scripts that expect the original version.

The script engine does not simply let you provide patches to other scripts. The entire script must be replaced.
Additionally, he does credit the authors, and provide links to the originating content. To me this shows good faith.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 13:27

Awesome work Nicoman35, I was about to start my annual X3 game but was disappointed that Yaki hadn't been updated yet.
It's honestly pretty hard to play X3 without PG3, Yaki and ADS so the updates are very welcome.

If people complain you could provide a partial script replacement (which is what I did with Phanon Corp for XRM), but unless SerialKicked himself chimes in, I don't believe it is a problem.
SerialKicked wrote: This plugin is Open Source. You may use, alter, include this code in any non
commercial and free project as long as proper credits are made and this
documentation is included in your release.
Disappointing that the first response was an accusation.. but on that note you should actually include the documentation specified at some point.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 15:39

@ Overwatch
Thanks for the back :). That's correct, SK abandoned his mods tree years ago or so, and I still had anoyances (little bugs) while playing. I only wanted to make good mods even better.

@ Teleth
Don't be too excited about the Yaki update, as I only tried to get it compatible to ADS - RWE. No new features or something like that, since it was a lot of work understanding and modifying PG3 (which HAS a few new features).
When I find the time (and people want me to), I will try to implement new features for YA2 also.

As for the copyright etc stories....I don't mind. Really. I mean - none of us is making money with this, and for myself, I don't want 'fame' or anything like this.
It just makes me happy changing things and other people having fun with it.
In fact, I would't even mind if anyone would grab the things I've done and putting his own name underneath.
Only thing I'm interested in is having a good and flawless, complex game.
So - anyone wants my forum pass? :)

Overwatch

Post by Overwatch » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 04:30

I have a report for you Nico.

I'm using your version of ADS + PG3 + YA. In a new game if TC.

The library installs fine. Then ADS, which seems fine. Then I installed PG3 and YA.

The first thing I noticed is that it is annoying to get to the PG3 and YA configuration menus. If I want to get into them I need to disable the plugin on the AL page, then wait for the mail confirmation. Then re-enable the plugin, which causes the menu to come up.

Is there any way you can have the AL menu only enable/disable the plugins, then use the Community Plugin Configuration or a hotkey launch the menus?

Second. PG3 and YA have a hard time seeing each other when they are initialized. I was able to finally get them to show up on the others config menu by waiting 10 or so minutes between activations, and just going back and fourth between the 2 addons.

Third. Any idea how well these interact with Military Base Response revamp?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 06:42

Overwatch wrote:I have a report for you Nico.

I'm using your version of ADS + PG3 + YA. In a new game if TC.

The library installs fine. Then ADS, which seems fine. Then I installed PG3 and YA.

The first thing I noticed is that it is annoying to get to the PG3 and YA configuration menus. If I want to get into them I need to disable the plugin on the AL page, then wait for the mail confirmation. Then re-enable the plugin, which causes the menu to come up.

Is there any way you can have the AL menu only enable/disable the plugins, then use the Community Plugin Configuration or a hotkey launch the menus?
I'm afraid, this is vanilla behavior. The menus show up on turning the plugin on in the AL menu only. I wanted to keep vanilla feeling as much as possible, so I did not touch this.
I already thought of making the menu accessible at anytime, but that requires more work than it seems first....
Overwatch wrote:Second. PG3 and YA have a hard time seeing each other when they are initialized. I was able to finally get them to show up on the others config menu by waiting 10 or so minutes between activations, and just going back and fourth between the 2 addons.
Ok, I'll have a look at this, though PG and YA do not have to 'see' each other, it's only cosmetics for the player. Other than that, they do not interact with each other. But thanks for reporting, I'll fix it asap.
Overwatch wrote:Third. Any idea how well these interact with Military Base Response revamp?
Never played that mod, sorry.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”