This script adds a Replicator ware to a selection of docks. When equipped with replicator units a ship can produce missiles, energy cells, ammo, drones and satellites over time.
When a ship has one or more replicator units it gains an additional ship command "Replicate..." which opens a menu:
- Set the production limits for each ware
- Begin replication.
- View the status of the current replication cycle through dynamic menu updates
Note: The Replicator uses an EMP-X ware entry; please see the Dependencies section.
- Jump around with follower ships without micromanaging energy
- Retain a buffer of missile defence mosquitoes
- Drone carriers can absorb losses as long as your bank balance can support it.
- Live the ammo based weaponry dream. Missile boats with regenerating ammo
- Universe explorers with a ready supply of satellites
- This script requires the EMP-X which adds customizable ware entries.
- EMP-X is built into XRM
- X Plugin Manager applies the EMP-X when launching the game through it
- XTC only has EMP not EMP-X so script is incompatible.
- This has been tested on AP with XRM, and vanilla AP with X Plugin Manager.
- It doesn't work in XTC or XTC:AP as this does not have the EMP-X wares.
- ZIP file containing T file and script files
- To install, copy the script and t folder contents from the zip file to those folders of the same name either in the "x3 terran conflict" folder, or the "addon" subfolder if playing Albion Prelude.
- To uninstall, run the uninstall command from the replication menu, save the game, and remove the setup script before reloading. It may take a few seconds before replicator wares are removed from stations.
- Replicators do not require physical resources
- The cost of replicating a ware is equal to the maximum price of that ware.
- Each replicator unit contributes 60 credits toward ware production per second
- Add more replicator units to increase production
- A replication cycle lasts a minimum of 10 seconds
- Multiple cheap wares can be produced in a single 10 second cycle
- Expensive wares require lengthy cycles to produce single units
- Replicators are sold in various out of the way stations
- Replicators cost about 100k per unit and require a good reputation to buy.
- Replicators are 13 volume L class wares in vanilla and XL class in XRM.
- Replicators can be found at:
- Unknown (and docks in unknown sectors)
- Developed using X-Studio: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=301433
Code: Select all
Ship Additional Commands 1233: COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_33 Ware (EMP) 62010: SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM2_26 Text File, Task Id & Logfile ID 9056
Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus