If a jump beacon is on board the ship this enables point to point jumps.
- The jump beacon is projected to the destination
- The ship and its followers jump to the beacon
- The beacon is recovered after all ships have jumped to it, or if the jump is cancelled.
Beware of jumping when enemies are about as they may shoot down your beacon before you can get there!
Jump beacons not included.
Beacon Jump is hooked into into the the following ship jump commands. If no beacon is available they'll behave as normal.
- Jump to Me
- Jump and Fly to Position
- Jump to Station
A Beacon Jump hotkey is supplied for use as an alternative to the builtin jumpdrive hotkey
- If no beacon is available this performs as 'jump to sector'
- If a beacon is available, this does a point to point beacon jump.
Optionally Beacon Jump can be integrated with the game more deeply by replacing a stock script. UT's will for example perform p2p jumps directly to remote stations, as long as they meet the usual jump requirements and have a beacon / beaconless cheat mode enabled.
This uses the jumpdrive rather than warping to position
- The game applies a jump countdown
- This requires and consumes normal amount of jumpdrive energy
- SETA will not usually speed up the jump countdown for the player ship. This is a quirk of the game engine.
Conventional p2p jump scripts have disadvantages. The ship must warp to the target sector then reposition itself to target coordinates
- The effect is noticeable and immersion breaking
- The repositioning often fails and leaves ship or followers in center of sector.
- There is no flash of light like when ships jump properly
They have to do this because you can't normally jump to a position. AP's jump beacons offer a way round that as you can jump to them directly and spawn them like ships.
Tested on Albion Prelude + XRM.
- Developed using Exscriptor
- Hosted by XDownloads
If you want to use the script without needing jump beacons in cargo, insert the following entry in the 9052-L044.xml file to remove the requirement:
Code: Select all
<t id="666" />
Text file: 9052-L044.xml
Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus