(v2 - 09/06/2014)
- No longer supported -
See X-Missions Reloaded for newer versions
- Version 2
- Added - New mission : Mineral Trip. It creates new asteroids that you have to scan. Can be ore, silicon, nvidium or ice ; and the yield is completely randomized.
- Added - Three pirate missions. They can be accepted from a barman in Pirate bases. They are harder than Commonwealth missions and they do not adapt to the playership's strength. However, rewards are much higher.
- Added - Three new minor missions. When you have a station reputation of 3 (or more), you can access two different missions that will ask you whether or not you would like to invest money into some projects. In fact, one mission asks for a loan, the other one for an investment. The third new mission will only trigger if your sector reputation is at 4 (or more) : it offers you to buy a used ship (hull is always at 100%, no equipment, always a good deal, from 40 to 99% of the base price).
These three minor missions are not persistent ; if you refuse them or if you do not have enough money, you won't be able to access them again (except, of course, if you reset the clients list, after completing a normal mission).
You can also find used ships in Pirate Bases (no condition).
- Added - Vanilla confirmation sound when you accept and complete a mission.
- Changed - Escort mission : now the ship you must escort has a broken engine and must repair before it can go. Kha'aks like easy prey... Distance has been lowered and is not difficulty-dependent. Also, you just have to escort the ship in the station's sector and not the station itself.
- Changed - Rescue mission is now called "Fugitives". You must catch prisoners before they join an allied station. Now, astronauts are created when you enter the sector, and the end of the mission is properly managed.
- Changed - Rewards are indicated in the briefing and they are no more randomized.
- Changed - Number of passengers (taxi missions) is no longer randomized.
- Changed - The delegate appears in orange when he has a "Back In Business" mission.
- Changed - Increased rewards, especially for sector missions (four times higher).
- Changed - The barman will tell you if what you're looking for is already on the station.
- Changed - The script checks events more often (5 s. instead of 10).
- Changed - Some objectives and targets are shown in orange.
- Fixed - The reputation do not show if the sector has no missions.
- Fixed - Sectors are not listed in the missions manager if it has no missions.
- Fixed - Your own factories are not listed in the missions manager.
- Fixed - You can no longer go back from the missions manager to the bar when you have undocked from a station.
- Fixed - You receive a message when you try to buy a Backroom product too big for your ship.
- Fixed - You pay the right amount of credits for Backroom products.
Please complete all your missions before updating
- Version 1
- Initial release (08/01/2014)
X-Missions is a total replacement of vanilla generic missions. It can influence your reputation, have light consequences on sectors and sometimes gives you hard choices to make. For example, defend a station does not mean defend it against pirates, but against true enemies of the station. Now you can't ignore wars raging between races and you are often invited (not forced) to join them.
Missions can only be obtained in bars. Bars are where you meet ordinary clients, and sometimes, clients who have a job for you. They can be found in factories only, in sectors of the Commonwealth. You can also find different missions in Pirate Bases.
Rewards in credits are not very high, because in the same way as in the vanilla game, missions are mainly here to give you reputation. But in X-Missions, reputation works differently. Therefore, Empires will not be aware of your actions if you've just transported a dozen of people or brought some food to a station. Now you need to prove you are worthy. So after you have done enough missions for a sector, you will unlock a sector mission, that will be much more important than the others. If you succeed, you will gain one full rank to the race who owns the sector.
- 19 types of randomly generated missions. No time limits.
- No ultra-assisted missions. X-Missions is completely independent from the Mission Director vanilla system, so there is no guidance. A new Missions Manager can be accessed through a hotkey and when you are docked.
- Immersive objectives. For example, normal escorts have no scripted spawn. That can be boring, but that's the life of a bodyguard ! A few other missions will make you fight sector's racial enemies - will you endanger one reputation to save another one ?
- Some other missions directly influence the universe. You can have new stations and real changes in the economy. Thus, a TS you escort will always have some real products on board that will help the needy station.
- Local reputation. If you are well known from a station, maybe you'll be rewarded with special discounts !
- Barmen. They know the sector, so if you're searching for a specific type of mission, ask them instead of going into all factories.
- Customizable options in the t file.
- All corporation missions and plot missions remains available and unchanged.
Copy the content of the archive into your ...x3tc\addon folder.
Rename both .cat/.dat using the fake patch method. These files remove all vanilla generic missions.
Compatibility : AP only, XRM.
Please report any bug and spelling/grammatical mistakes.
You can do everything you want with this script.
Missions are accessible for everyone. The difficulty depends on your sector reputation and its level is always shown to you in every bar. If you fail a mission, you will have the opportunity to restart it because clients are only reset when you succeed.
If no clients have missions for you, you can still talk to the station's delegate. When a station has less than 40% of primary resources, you will be able to provide them through a mission. The delegate will pay you 30% more than the max price of the resource, so it's always better than normal trading.
If you reach the max local reputation in a station and if the station is eligible, you can unlock the mission "expansion" in which you have to bring marines in order to upgrade the station from the size M to the size L (it only works for a few types of stations).
Reaching the max level of a local station's reputation will also unlock the Backroom. In the Backroom, you will be able to buy quantity-limited products for a special price, without the vanilla reputation's restriction. So it can be a good idea to always try to work for stations whose products are interesting.
Be careful when you accept a sector mission. Two of them are safe, two of them... are not. These are easy to spot because X-Missions have always the same color code :
Again, the difficulty of a mission depends on the number of missions you have already done for the sector. In "Heroic" difficulty, the mission "Xenon Hunt" involves several P at max. speed that will destroy a station in no time if you're not prepared or if the sector is not well defended. So be careful !
Taxi missions can be hard without the guidance. I recommend using X-GPS.
When you complete your first sector mission, you will receive a free M6. If you turn off/on the script, you won't receive another M6 (cheater).
Oh, and if you want to be friend with pirates, maybe you should visit sectors that are near pirate sectors (these missions have no color).
- <t id="1245">COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_45</t>
- Global variables prefix : "XM_"