[1.2 EN] Return Abandoned Ship Job (Gameplay)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

em3e3
x3tc

[1.2 EN] Return Abandoned Ship Job (Gameplay)

Post by em3e3 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 23:51

Version 1.2 English, Steam version, nod scripts/mods.

At the point in the plot using the Terran-start, when I was instructed to go to Heretic's End. After entering, took a job from the Wheat farm in the south. Difficulty was Trivial, time to complete was 3+ hours. Needed to retrieve a Paranid Pegasus from Saturn. Went and found the ship, repaired it, commanded it to dock at the Wheat Farm in Heretic's End (HE), it went off, traveling at 88m/s. I went on ahead, to continue the plot.

After docking at the Argon Trading Station in HE, I contacted the person at the Terran station in the sector, accepted the mission, began flying south. After reaching the next sector, with about 2 hours and 20 minutes left to complete the Abandoned ship job, I received a message that I failed it because I did not return the ship in time.

Restarted from an earlier save, repeated the steps, same result. No other jobs or missions at the time, other than the plot.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 00:56

If anyone wants to see this problem for themselves, I've uploaded a gamesave. No matter what I do, the mission fails with 2 hours 18 minutes left to complete.

http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/X13.sav

I've taken other 'return ship' jobs since, and they seem to be working.
8^)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:02

tryed not to fix it and returned as it was? :P

Also on one of those missions I get a message when the ship docks asking if I want to relinquish ownership of the ship I say yes and the mission gets done.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 02:23

It sounds like the ship was destroyed for some reason.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 02:27

First time, I merely repaired the ship, and sent it on it's way at 88m/s. Mission failed by the time it got to the middle of the Asteroid Belt sector.

Second time, I sent the ship to the shipyard in Saturn, boosted it's speed with engine upgrades, almost got the jumpgate to HE, mission failed again.

Final try, I souped up the ship and flew it myself. Still, mission fails with 2 hours 18 minutes left.

And no, the ship didn't get destroyed, or else I would have noticed while I was flying! I ended up just sending the ship to the shipyard in Saturn, waited for the mission failure (at 2:18 left), and then sold the ship.
8^)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”