[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 23:35

PoisonYu wrote:[Bullwinkle] suggested I rename the 901-L007 file to 901-L044.
Well, to be fair, I said that would be true assuming that you are playing in English. I also asked you what language you play in. That was before you answered "Russian" here, which is L007. Sorry if I was confusing.

Files in the t folder are called "language files". They contain the text used in the game. The last two digits are the international telephone calling code for your country. "07" for Russian, "44" for English, "49" for German, and so on.

The .pck file is a packed archive which contains a .xml file. You can extract the .pck with X3 Editor 2. Once extracted, you can view the resulting .xml file in X3 Editor's "Text Viewer" or you can use any text editor to open and view the .xml.

PoisonYu

Post by PoisonYu » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 00:09

Thanks Bullwinkle, I'll give that a go. You weren't really misleading, I'm just a bit slow. Most of my mind is occupied thinking up evil schemes that will hopefully finish off those little green squid people forever. I call it Operation Boronrossa - Menelaus' End.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 00:12

PoisonYu wrote:Menelaus' End.
I love it! :thumb_up:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 09:52

with the plugin manager, theres a command line tool you can use as well, if your comfortable using command line tools.

in the Plugin Manager/tools directory, theres a file catpck.exe You can run that to unpack the file.

if you dont really know how to use the command line, then the X3 Editor would be easier to use

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 01:19

Cycrow did you ever get plugin manager to work with default steam install path? As in Program Files (x86) or other system paths.
I just remembered it used to be impossible on win7 to get it to work if game was installed in program files. And I just did it again.... ughh.

edit:
Not sure how helpful this will be to anyone. But I only just now noticed Steam finally added option to set a different steamlibrary location.
Open steam and log in etc. Click Steam>Settings>Downloads+Cloud and all the way down you will see "Steam Library Folders" in here you can add additional "path" to install Steam content. Folder MUST be empty.
So for instance if you are installing all your games into C:\Games navigate there and click add new folder. By default it names it SteamLibrary doesn't really matter since its only the initial folder. Content will be placed further in. In pretty much identical manner to installing it in the Steam location.
So in the end you end up with C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\X3StoleYourLife
Most people probably already found this long-overdue option but for me I just found it lol... I don't like dealing with steams @#$% drm or code integrity checks or their automatic permanent and undisputable VAC bans(which have been only revoked when a few thousand people get banned due to their ****** coding and they just can't afford to maintain "corporate monkey attitude").
Hope it helps someone :P
Just going to have a beautiful... 10gigs and then some redownload and install X3:AP to a different place.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 09:39

hisazul wrote:Cycrow did you ever get plugin manager to work with default steam install path? As in Program Files (x86) or other system paths.
I just remembered it used to be impossible on win7 to get it to work if game was installed in program files. And I just did it again.... ughh.
Theres nothing the plugin manager can do about that. Its down to windows and its protected file system
basically it blocks access at the lowest level and prevent it from doing anything.

The only way to fix it would be to adjust your system to allow access, or run in admin mode.
Or the better way, and move the game eslewhere.
i put my whole steam folder out of program files.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 05:18

Cycrow wrote:
hisazul wrote:Cycrow did you ever get plugin manager to work with default steam install path? As in Program Files (x86) or other system paths.
Theres nothing the plugin manager can do about that. Its down to windows and its protected file system
basically it blocks access at the lowest level and prevent it from doing anything.

The only way to fix it would be to adjust your system to allow access, or run in admin mode.
Or the better way, and move the game eslewhere.
i put my whole steam folder out of program files.
Heh yeah... I figured I'd do that instead of waiting for answer LOL. And on 7 64 pro... regular admin running manager as admin... and i remember it was still borked. Unless u go turn on real admin I doubt theres an easy way to go about it.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 11:40

the other way would be to completly disable UAC which is whats causing the problem

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 17:00

Hi I have a problem with plugin mannager,
After I long time I got back to TC for XTC release, so I installed the plugin mannager (non-beta version).
the program run fine but I cannot install any package (cheat package for instance) - I receive an unknown error.

The plugin mannager keep claimimng that my TC is 2.0 despite update to 3.2, also it keeps asking me about savegame manager every time I run it.

I have a Win 7 64-bit - maybe this is the problem?

Edit: I mannaged to instal cheat package via package browser.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 02:28

Mr WHO, did you download the latest version of the plugin manger and update? I also ran in to issues when the steam installed into the /Program Files(x86)/ folder.

I am also running win 7 64 bit also

Cycrow had some steps to move it, (after I removed and reinstalled Steam to its own folder, and subsequently reinstalling X3AP, he informed me it was unnecessary to reinstall, but it does work)

BadgerBadger

Post by BadgerBadger » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 22:28

I just installed the MARS plugin packaged for the plugin manager and now X3AP crashes just before getting to the main menu. I see the loading screen and it crashes. I tried to remove the package, but it didn't roll back the changes... what do I do now?
-- Sound Engineer and Argon Trader

mb12345

where do i place spk files?

Post by mb12345 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 02:11

i downloaded the cheat package for TC and i saw under installation that i have to use the plugin manager to install it. but i have tried using plugin manager in the past and for some reason it never works, it always says my directory for terran conflict is locked or something. idk its annoying, but is there a way that i can properly install the spk file for the cheat package without the use of the plugin manager or any manager in general? like is it possible to just drag and drop in a certian file?

mb12345

where can i get a working version of plugins manager and how do i properly install it

Post by mb12345 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 02:26

in the past when i tried to install plugin manager it would install fine, but when i went to start it it said that it couldnt load any mods or scripts because my directory for terran conflict is locked. does anyone know what that means? has anyon else had that problem? how do i fix it?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 03:43

SPK files are only valid for the plugin manager.

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 05:19

It's due to plugin manager having insufficient privileges in windows to add or delete files within the X3:TC directory. To fix it, try right clicking on the shortcut for the plugin manger and selecting "run as admin". Which will run the plugin manger with elevated privileges and should allow it to work.

Or you can find the steam install folder if using steam, or the stand alone install folder. Then right click, select properties, click on advanced and change the security settings so your account has full write/delete permissions.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 06:14

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915
That is the thread where you can download the plugin manager and it's FAQ mentions your problem. (It's solution is the same one that The_Mess gave)
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 06:18

Run the plugin manager in administrator mode to get rid of that error. Then it will work fine :).
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

pref
x4

[TC] Where does plugin manager put my saves?

Post by pref » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 18:28

I have done the following - wanted to check performance without a mod:
I have set Settings/Mode back to vanilla from modified. Then i noticed that some age old saves are there, so went back, changed tag back to modifed and now i got some different, but still age old saves.

Where are the recent ones?

Does this program overwrite/delete saves without any kind of prompt?

Edit: "c:\Program Files\X Plugin Manager\Backup\Saves" is empty.
Edit2: "c:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\PluginManager\Saves" also only has the old saves
Last edited by pref on Thu, 3. Jan 13, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

Edritch

Plugin manager not working

Post by Edritch » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 21:32

I just installed the plugin manager, although it's not working

I clicked the icon, and it starts loading, although the program never starts up, I looked in the task manager, and the process closes a few seconds after I try to start it, any solutions to this?

I already tried uninstalling and re-installing it, same with visual C++.

Edit: Since I posted this, I've had the same or similar problem with a couple other programs, so I'm guessing it's a problem with my computer.

Edit: Merged with PM thread, as per [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. X2-Illuminatus

fisiu
x4

Win 8 issues

Post by fisiu » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 22:05

Just got a new comp and was nostalgic and wanted to play some good old X on my new beast. As I recall the vanilla game is unplayable due to the lack of some very needed things the modding community has provided us with.

However.....

I can´t freaking install the plugin manager. Yes i have read the FAQ´s and tried everything running in admin mode, compatibility mode etc. The installer cant creat the registry keys or replace the *.dlls in the windows folder. Acess denied.... Any tips or doesn´t the manager work for win8 yet?

Thx

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”