X² Ongoing development - UPDATE 11 December

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 01:10

When bringing a broken toaster back to a shop they ask for a RECIEPT for PROOF of PURCHASE.

When looking for a PATCH for X2 you will need the CD-KEY(reciept) which is your PROOF of PURCHASE for Egosoft.

If you have no CD-Key take your problems to the guy who gave you the game and ask for the CD-Key that came with it.

If it's a ripped X2 you have please leave your Name, address and Telephone number here and I'm sure someone will get back to you.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 02:06

so how about giving me the patch today! :)

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 02:16

:twisted:

Thrawniejoe
x3

Post by Thrawniejoe » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 02:48

When bringing a broken toaster back to a shop they ask for a RECIEPT for PROOF of PURCHASE.

When looking for a PATCH for X2 you will need the CD-KEY(reciept) which is your PROOF of PURCHASE for Egosoft.

If you have no CD-Key take your problems to the guy who gave you the game and ask for the CD-Key that came with it.
The game shouldn't have had the problem in the first place if thats the case.

As I have said before im not gonna download the patch through this system, I'll just getting from some where else.
Last edited by Thrawniejoe on Mon, 15. Dec 03, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

Digit
x3

Post by Digit » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 02:51

Actually, I am quite liking this idea of having to be registered to get official support and updates. It means not having to put up with fileplanet and other subscription based services, and is also a way of discouraging piracy.

Nice one.

raskor414
x2

Post by raskor414 » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 03:24

Digit wrote:Actually, I am quite liking this idea of having to be registered to get official support and updates. It means not having to put up with fileplanet and other subscription based services, and is also a way of discouraging piracy.

Nice one.
Fileplanet does not require any money for downloads. You just have to wait your turn in line, first come first serve. While the concept is novel, this won't discourage piracy, merely slow them down a few minutes.

Too bad Thrawniejoe's attitude suggests he is using a warez copy. He made a line about not registering, blah blah blah. It's not like you are even ASKED for personal information. Quite arrogant if I do say so myself.

Perhaps they should make the Spoiler forum require a reg code as well. If someone doesn't have the game do they really need walk throughs and such?

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 03:28

The devs don't have to root through the Spoiler forum. I think the whole idea behind requiring a CD key to access the Tech Support forum is so that it doesn't get cluttered by messages posted by people who don't actually have the game.

[SweN]

Post by [SweN] » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 03:31

no, actually try encouraging piracy. now its a challange to do it.

Thrawniejoe
x3

Post by Thrawniejoe » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 04:19

Ha, I have the box as proof.
Though I didn't get a manual... but I know why, stupid game box sells its game's with out manual's, I didn't get a manual with KOTOR either. I checked over at best buy and they had a heavy box that had one(or atleast felt like it, game box it was light and sound like a bunch of cd's )

Anyway, I paid real money for my game, 53.60 to be exact.

I just dont' like having to register to get a patch... to much time involved in that.
Hell I downloaded the No CD patch just so I didn't have to deal with putting a cd in the drive everytime I wanted to play, I know your just saying leave it in, well I can't, I have to use a CD for work, I have to use the gamebyro cd to work(im a game developer).

Anyway enough rambleing, you can believe me or not, either way, dont' care. I want a fixed game, and willing to help if needed.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 04:32

So let me get this straight. You buy software from a store that removes content from the game's box and then marks up the price by $10, but you refuse to enter your CD key in your forum profile because you don't want to get screwed/spied on by Egosoft/just too lazy? I think we have another nominee for the Darwin Awards.
Last edited by Mehrunes on Mon, 15. Dec 03, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 04:40

Hmm the registered User download section has been updated with a table. That could be a sign they are getting ready to add the patch :D

rabtherab
x4

Post by rabtherab » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 04:45

I'm assuming that the empty file table on the downloads page indicates that they will be putting the patch up in the a.m.

PsychoticFx
x3tc

Post by PsychoticFx » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 04:49

Mehrunes, r u the famous iFleet creator? spent many hours and months enjoying that mod. xcellent work :D I just got done capturing my first pirate ship and had it dock to shipyard in argon prime to repair hull. Saved game manually after I did that. Left to go try to capture another and game froze again. will the patch allow me to play my last saved game that froze on me or will I have to go to an earlier save? would hate to lose my trophy :(

rabtherab
x4

Post by rabtherab » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 04:59

PsychoticFx wrote:Mehrunes, r u the famous iFleet creator? spent many hours and months enjoying that mod. xcellent work :D I just got done capturing my first pirate ship and had it dock to shipyard in argon prime to repair hull. Saved game manually after I did that. Left to go try to capture another and game froze again. will the patch allow me to play my last saved game that froze on me or will I have to go to an earlier save? would hate to lose my trophy :(
Maybe if you had actually read this thread before posting to it you would have seen the affirmative responses to the other nine thousand people who asked the same question you did.

PsychoticFx
x3tc

Post by PsychoticFx » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 05:07

Are you upset about the patch not coming out or is it that time of the month for you? :lol:

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 05:11

PsychoticFx wrote:Mehrunes, r u the famous iFleet creator? spent many hours and months enjoying that mod. xcellent work :D I just got done capturing my first pirate ship and had it dock to shipyard in argon prime to repair hull. Saved game manually after I did that. Left to go try to capture another and game froze again. will the patch allow me to play my last saved game that froze on me or will I have to go to an earlier save? would hate to lose my trophy :(
Yes, but I didn't think I was famous. :)

You'll be able to use your save games with the patch, however I can't say for certain if the crash will be averted. They did say they fixed some crash bugs though.

PsychoticFx
x3tc

Post by PsychoticFx » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 05:11

I know nothing about programming. I wanted to know if it will work with a save that was corrupt or if you had to use a clean save. I dont know enough about computer programming to know if a patch can actually fix a broken save. I thought it was a valid question.

PsychoticFx
x3tc

Post by PsychoticFx » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 05:13

Mehrunes thank you very much and do you know about the Epic mod for Iwar2? I am anxiously awaiting that also :D

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 05:24

Mehrunes wrote:
Yes, but I didn't think I was famous. :)

You'll be able to use your save games with the patch, however I can't say for certain if the crash will be averted. They did say they fixed some crash bugs though.
hehe, I asked same Q in different thread....Nice job!

PsychoticFx
x3tc

Post by PsychoticFx » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 05:43

hehe, I asked same Q in different thread....Nice job!

Which Q?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”