Let's talk about 'Honor'

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Let's talk about 'Honor'

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 25. Oct 23, 11:42

OrionTaltos wrote:
Tue, 24. Oct 23, 21:58
My honor is at 48 and I get a pretty healthy amount of bails.

Actually, I miss quite a few because they take too long to bail. It'd be better if they bailed and then radioed their message about it. Those Tempests keep going until that ship registers as non-hostile and I can't always disable the turrets :oops:

Most commonly, I've been running a Carrack with Plasma Beam Cannons and System Override Software. I get lots of tiny hits which seems to helpful for finding that threshold for fighter or freighter pilots to decide they're not that brave. Pilots I pick up usually go to the Goner Temple unless they're worth quite a bit or they are skilled enough to become a Universal Trader :mrgreen:
My biggest problem is actually post bail. They like to bail red in color. So either turrets or assisting fighters shoot them.

I decided to play with my new toy "Odin"... and ordered it to attack a Duke's Athena. I got it to bail really quick, but one of the Rapiers decided, ooohh shiny red target. Bye bye pilot in space suit. Poor Paranid pilot. :lol:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Wed, 25. Oct 23, 15:51

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 25. Oct 23, 11:42
My biggest problem is actually post bail. They like to bail red in color. So either turrets or assisting fighters shoot them.

I decided to play with my new toy "Odin"... and ordered it to attack a Duke's Athena. I got it to bail really quick, but one of the Rapiers decided, ooohh shiny red target. Bye bye pilot in space suit. Poor Paranid pilot. :lol:
I get that red pilot scenario usually on missions. My own turrets won't hit them, but everything else will including the swarm of light missiles I send out to thin out the herd. Laser towers also like to happily vaporize those. I don't think friendlies killing them counts against my honor. But when it's my own missiles... :doh:

Duke and Darkspace both have armored freighter pilots that are big on self-preservation. I've put some of them back to work in their own ships 8)
Arrow + Auto-Pillok + SETA = White Knuckle Terror

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 25. Oct 23, 23:25

OrionTaltos wrote:
Wed, 25. Oct 23, 15:51
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 25. Oct 23, 11:42

I get that red pilot scenario usually on missions. My own turrets won't hit them, but everything else will including the swarm of light missiles I send out to thin out the herd. Laser towers also like to happily vaporize those. I don't think friendlies killing them counts against my honor. But when it's my own missiles... :doh:

Duke and Darkspace both have armored freighter pilots that are big on self-preservation. I've put some of them back to work in their own ships 8)
Friendly fire does count, I confirmed that when one of my rapiers vaporized that pilot. As long as you don't own what kills them your fine. :lol:

If you set turret to attack enemies they will target them as well. I keep it on missile defense unless I am going Xenon routes. :D
I've splattered a few due to full cargo a few times as well. oops :oops: :roll:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 28. Oct 23, 21:14

I use a combo of attack capitals and attack fighters instead of attack enemies, excludes freighters stations and astronauts in vanilla, with the newest unofficial patch though my turret code optimization completely ignores Astronauts that aren't marines.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 5. Nov 23, 01:42

Mean this as a bit of a gag.....

It still adds your honour point count to the logbook, but actually says here is your honour points, and makes you wait 30 seconds before it gives it to you. Tells you to wait while I check, then to stimulate...... erm simulate some bozo having to actually look them up for you. :lol:

I'm playing with the script editor and will likely change this as I learn more in the future. Use as you see fit. :mrgreen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WFq-0C ... sp=sharing
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”