How to get your own shipyard without mods

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Karmaticdamage
x4

How to get your own shipyard without mods

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 14:02

To do this you need to be playing a plot game and you only get one shot at it. It will be helpful to have supplies ready beforehand namely some spare construction drones stored on another ship and have a high canteran rep around 20 or so.

After you complete the build urv wharf part of the plot several CVs are deployed. The one sent to extinct torch builds a BTO shipyard. Position yourself in extinct torch prior to the urv wharf completing and progressing the plot. You may be waiting for a bit but eventually the CV will arrive. Quickly destroy its engines before it can deploy then board it. Afterward you will have to repair it and supply crew and drones but you will have the option to build the shipyard.

On a side note you can cap the CVs while they are deployed and even continue the construction of the NPC stations past what they do on their own. The station remains theirs but you can continue to build on them.

In my main game I protected the CVs and fully built them up. I got bored one day and wondered what would happen if I capped one while it was attached to an NPC station thinking I might be able to take control of the station. Didn't get control of the station but was surprised to find I could continue building them. I then started a new game to get my own shipyard. My rep dropped from 20 to 15 from capping the CV.

Luanda

Re: How to get your own shipyard without mods

Post by Luanda » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 14:10

Karmaticdamage wrote:To do this you need to be playing a plot game and you only get one shot at it. It will be helpful to have supplies ready beforehand namely some spare construction drones stored on another ship and have a high canteran rep around 20 or so.

After you complete the build urv wharf part of the plot several CVs are deployed. The one sent to extinct torch builds a BTO shipyard. Position yourself in extinct torch prior to the urv wharf completing and progressing the plot. You may be waiting for a bit but eventually the CV will arrive. Quickly destroy its engines before it can deploy then board it. Afterward you will have to repair it and supply crew and drones but you will have the option to build the shipyard.

On a side note you can cap the CVs while they are deployed and even continue the construction of the NPC stations past what they do on their own. The station remains theirs but you can continue to build on them.

In my main game I protected the CVs and fully built them up. I got bored one day and wondered what would happen if I capped one while it was attached to an NPC station thinking I might be able to take control of the station. Didn't get control of the station but was surprised to find I could continue building them. I then started a new game to get my own shipyard. My rep dropped from 20 to 15 from capping the CV.
nice find :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 14:22

But is this shipyard operational? Can you build ships with it?

solntcev
x4

Post by solntcev » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 14:41

What a wonderful thing, good motivation to play Plot again :)

I hope Egosoft will not patch thoose CV as uncapturable.

Shipyard requires NPC Ship Trader. Was it present onboard when you built station?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 14:55

Nicely done! (although I would've put the post in the spoilers forum.. ;) )

If you cap the CV before it deploys, are you still limited to only DV ships (if you can build any at all..)? Can you move the CV elsewhere or are you stuck in Extinct Torch?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 15:17

Well done,
Although need more info on this as i will have to revert to a previous save.
What can you do with a player owned shipyard?
I believe they will add them in the future like in previous X and i havent yet used a mod to implement it in my game.
Can you reverse engineer, reprocess, repair etc?

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 17:31

You can build small/medium canteran ships and gigurums. They produce like wares at a station and stock in number. Cant build capitals though because you don't get a npc ship trader. You can build it anywhere you want. Can't repair either without a ship dealer. No reverse engineering or reprocessing.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 19:10

Karmaticdamage wrote:You can build small/medium canteran ships and gigurums. They produce like wares at a station and stock in number. Cant build capitals though because you don't get a npc ship trader. You can build it anywhere you want. Can't repair either without a ship dealer. No reverse engineering or reprocessing.
Do those small ships get bought without a shiptrader?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 19:20

There is no point in owning it then if it is not fully functional so we move on to the next part of your excellent find.

I ll let it finish building then cap the CV to expand all the stations in DV to max, both RoC and HoA, since they only built the 1st lvl.

Thanks!!!

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 19:55

Not new to me, I had known it for months now.
@Egosoft if you ever fix this, plase be fair and make the expansion mdfiles robust CV's get destroyed, and extend up to the full extension of the stations, but only if the player invest into DeVries, so any further expansion move from the status quo requires x production modules of the player in DeVries. As I requested here.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 20:25

Araknis wrote:There is no point in owning it then if it is not fully functional so we move on to the next part of your excellent find.

I ll let it finish building then cap the CV to expand all the stations in DV to max, both RoC and HoA, since they only built the 1st lvl.

Thanks!!!
That is a lot of rep grinding right there. You should also know that those stations don't repair if damaged. In my game the water refinery in fiendish moloch is half blown up by reivers. Maybe they will repair if you own the CV? These stations are different from other NPC stations as in they don't have a magic script that repairs them when you leave sector. They follow the rules set for player stations, they can be destroyed permanently.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 4. Apr 15, 00:07

Karmaticdamage wrote:They follow the rules set for player stations, they can be destroyed permanently.
I suspect you mean "for player CVs". If any NPC CV gets destroyed, the rules apply to its station just as if it was player-owned: no repairs etc. The only difference is that NPC factions don't seem to send out replacement CVs (the player has to do this manually for their own stations but no equivalent is happening with CV-deployed NPC stations) :(
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Sat, 4. Apr 15, 05:15

Karmaticdamage wrote:After you complete the build urv wharf part of the plot several CVs are deployed.
They deploy earlier than that. From a thread in the spoilers section,
Spoiler
Show
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
The deployment appears to be triggered around the time of the Joint Mining Op mission, possibly a little earlier.

For my experience, I saw the Glaring Truth shipyard building CVs (I believe at the "build the Integrative URV Forge" step), which were set to "Explore" and jumped into oblivion when completed (couldn't figure out where they went, didn't think to ride on it, but nothing was showing up at the other DeVries jump beacons). The earliest I've seen the stations themselves show up was the "talk to the Beryll researcher" step. In any case, that's several steps before you're asked to build the URV Wharf, muchless actually done it.

They showed up staggered, rather than all 6 beginning to build at once. Some seem to show up *much* later - I wonder if it's CV travel time, some kind of economy-related facet, or something else. The fact that they don't always show up when remotely viewing the sector (with a ship nearby) doesn't help the monitoring effort, though ><.

For me, the order was GT/FT, then MA/FM, then MA/ET. GT/SA appeared to have cargo ships converging on it after that, as though they station were due to arrive soon, but I never caught the CV. Much, much later I found the MA/VS station partially-built with a dead CV. So whatever the order is, those two seem to be later than the other three. Dunno when the GT/RB fits in.
Araknis wrote:I ll let it finish building then cap the CV to expand all the stations in DV to max, both RoC and HoA, since they only built the 1st lvl.
For me they stopped at variable points. The shipyard only upgraded once, but either the wheat distillery or the water plantation upgraded twice. I wonder what triggers them to stop - only scripted to built to X stage? or do they 'run out of money' or the like and so are waiting to start the next phase?

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 4. Apr 15, 14:01

Vyrebird wrote:....
In that thread, in the beginning we assumed it was the joint mining op but in the end we identified what triggers the CVs to appear :
Spoiler
Show
RoC CVs appear when the player builds the station
HoA CVs appear right after the Albion Exodus quest when refugees flee to DV
So based on the above you can plan ahead, secure the space and make sure nothing bad happens to the cvs.

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Sat, 4. Apr 15, 17:26

Araknis wrote:In that thread, in the beginning we assumed it was the joint mining op but in the end we identified what triggers the CVs to appear :
<snip>
So based on the above you can plan ahead, secure the space and make sure nothing bad happens to the cvs.
Ah, I was still relying on the page 5 information, rather than the page 7 era stuff, as it seem to have more corroboration. Thanks :)

TruePikachu
xr

Post by TruePikachu » Sun, 5. Apr 15, 03:57

I presume that CV is only able to build the shipyard? What's the macro name?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 19:44

its the default one macro.units_size_xl_builder_ship_macro for any Station which is built by the NPC Station building lib. it wont have the buildplan for Shipyards - its a script which tells it to build that Station no matter if defined as buildable or not. and it is created at the place of the Station, so you probably dont even have a chance to capture it before it starts building.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”