What's your idea of the ultimate M0,M1,M2 ship ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 09:24

Do you want to have the maximum number of guns allowed ?
Do you want it to be able to dock fighters, or even all ships ?
Do you want it to go fast or slow ?
How big do you like it to be ?

[ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ]
If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

Ska-Ara|Sl-A
x4

Post by Ska-Ara|Sl-A » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 11:02

I think the ultimate M1 ship is a King of all ships

it have to be gigantic the biggest ship in x uni :)
then it have many many dock bays fe 1000 ships inside with 20 bays for outgoing.
May it have dock for m6/m7/m8

but it have to be very slow and bad movement

in other words it have to be a flying Fortress :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 13:29

M0/M1/M2, dont care what you call it.

Maximum guns.
Internal docks unlimited all sized ships. Or at least, internal docks any ship of any size up to the number of docking slots.

Big is not relevant. With compression technology, size doesnt matter.

Ideally, bigger than an M2, but still fits comfortably through the gates, and has no blind spots in the turrent coverage (which being too big will create.).

The size will most likely be dependent on the dock size that allows other M1 and M2 ships to internal dock.

Basically a big maw, with a ship attached to it ! :lol:

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 15:59

The Ideal Cap should have a well size. It shouldn't be the sector-size-type! Thinking of the ATF-Valhalla it already is a big ship. A size between Valhalla and Osaka would be perfect :)
Weapons should be at a maximum number with anti-cap guns. Sone firepower for the King is never bad. Anti fighter should be the job of wingmen. Further shields should be good enough to prevent any fighters to come through.
Large Hangars with many docking-ports is a must! A Coloss needs to launce it's defense as fast as possible! However docking any ship would be too much. M7 is enough ;)
hige engines would be lovely too :D like XTM-Valhalla or Fortress Leviathan
Speed is secondary ^^ either high speed or fast turn, not both!! it wouldn't be realstic :P

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 17:20

good good.. I'm actually in the process of making one right now..
Just doing some market research to get some input from you guys..

Internal docking for M2,M1 is way out of proportion. The ship would have to be really huge. That i can do for a mobile docking yard rather than an M0 ship.

There will be a balance between anti fighter and anti cap guns.
If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 17:34

Hmm...

It would have to be at least the sise of two rays joined tip to tip but not too wide. for example like the Xtended Olympos.

Maximum amount of weaponry spread out effectively.

Internal docking for over 500 fighters external docking for 50 M6/M8/TS with the ability to externally dock atleast 2 M1/M2/M7/TL etc...

it needs tyo be the slowest yet the largest thing in the skies of the X-Universe able too dwarf most shipyards in length however the width and height (atleast for the front!) have to be able to get through the narrow jumpgates.

Most of all remember that M0's are not ships of the line they are Motherships. they are the heart of an invasion not the frontal fighting force!.

That would be myideal ship atleast.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 19:23

I require a ship capable of destroying planets!

However, seen as we're on a 2 billion credit limit I'll settle for a chinese copy of the Deathstar.

Meet the Doomed Star!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 20:14

I demand Spaceball 1. With transformer ability!
But as improved A2 version, fully resistant to radarjammer-jam
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 21:39

Let's see...

*takes mic*

Let me present to you, the Wyvern class mothership.

- About the size of a Teladi Phoenix.
- 12 main guns, 8 guns in front turret, 12 guns right and left, 10 up and down and rear. Up, down and rear limited to flaks/light weapons, right and left for anti-cap broadside, front can take both for either better anti-fighter capabilities or more anti-cap firepower.
- Docking space for some 50 fighters and 3 TS/M6, possibly 1 M7.
- 20-25 000 XL cargo space (It's supposed to be a mothership after all).
- 14-16 GJ shielding.
- A speed of about 45 m/s, 1.0-1.2 rpm turning rate to make those main guns somewhat useful.
- 5 m/s acceleration.
- Tyr-level laser bank and reactor output.

That would make my day :)
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 21:52

*Takes over a mic*

Something designed to be a Command & Control ship, and looks like it. A lot of shielding, low speed, purely defensive weapons. I would love to sit in something like that and coordinate my fleet battles. :twisted:
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 22:42

*throws mic in fishtank*

For me: Ultimate M0/M1/M2 = Flag Ship

Main Features:
  • Internal docking for M6/M8/TM/TS/TP and smaller
    External docking for M7/M1/M2/TL perhaps
    Slow and sluggish (for balance reasons)
    Lots of cargo space (for own arsenal and reloading of docked ships)
    Lots of shields (15+GJ perhaps as it will probably have to take a pounding but should not be invincible)
    Maximum guns/missiles (it will probably act as an artillery piece or station assult piece in battle - docked ships will provide battlefield support)
    Some special ability perhaps (e.g. P2P Jump Drive)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sniper101
x3tc

Post by Sniper101 » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 22:43

[ external image ]

teladi style :teladi:

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 00:22

If it should fit through a standard gate you should skip that. M7 is ok (while some M7 are as big as m1 or m2... tresher *cought*).

If it has M2 docking you have to be able to dock all vanilla m2 available because you can't do a blacklist like "deca is not allowed". Teladi M2 is ~ 2 Km long iirc. There won't be much place left for the mothership if it has to dock such a brick but still fit through gates.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 00:30

Has anyone been able to figure out how to disable the size checking on docking ?

Is it possible to imitate the action of beaming a ship in, while appearing to be a normal docking. Thus making it possible to dock and undock any sized ship, even though technically a lot of them are too big to fit the hole.

The docking action (as viewed in the monitor as you watch another ship dock) slides the ship into the dock and at some point, the ship vanishes from view. Can it be made so the vanishing point, is external to the actual docking port ? So the ship docking will slide up to the M0, and then vanish before it enters the dock itself (or crashes into the side).

Just a thought.

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 03:41

Can there be such a code in dummies ?

ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_M7

.. i want to separate the smaller external docking ships from the Hugeships

Also can i have more than one "19099" internal landonly standard dockport in scene ?
I know i can have as many launch points as i want..

The code from dummies..
19099;ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_STANDARD|ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_HANGAR|ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_LANDONLY;1;NULL;9099;

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 08:38

apricotslice wrote:Has anyone been able to figure out how to disable the size checking on docking ?

Is it possible to imitate the action of beaming a ship in, while appearing to be a normal docking. Thus making it possible to dock and undock any sized ship, even though technically a lot of them are too big to fit the hole.

The docking action (as viewed in the monitor as you watch another ship dock) slides the ship into the dock and at some point, the ship vanishes from view. Can it be made so the vanishing point, is external to the actual docking port ? So the ship docking will slide up to the M0, and then vanish before it enters the dock itself (or crashes into the side).

Just a thought.
I looked at it once a while back when I was looking at modding a ship. I think you just take the external dock definition for something like the Aran and add the flag for internal docking.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 08:41

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I looked at it once a while back when I was looking at modding a ship. I think you just take the external dock definition for something like the Aran and add the flag for internal docking.
Hmmm, if you could add that to the Tyr and it works, that would make me really happy :)

I use a modified Tyr with 200 docking slots. It would be great to be able to actually dock and undock normally.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 08:42

Killjaeden wrote:
If it should fit through a standard gate you should skip that. M7 is ok (while some M7 are as big as m1 or m2... tresher *cought*).

If it has M2 docking you have to be able to dock all vanilla m2 available because you can't do a blacklist like "deca is not allowed". Teladi M2 is ~ 2 Km long iirc. There won't be much place left for the mothership if it has to dock such a brick but still fit through gates.
The docking port need not necessarily be above, below or to the side of the ship. It could be to the rear or front of the ship.

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 08:59

There aren't internal docking hangers for M2,M1,TL from the base game right ? Can't remember, even for shipyards or others all external right ?

Imagine scaling up the M5 internal docking hanger for an M0... those entry doors will be spectacular..

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 09:12

@Roger L.S. Griffiths and @ apricotslice

The destruction of the ship when it comes to docking and undocking only takes place during undockings.. When docking, both ships can even go through one another..

You can even have an M1 dock in your M5 hanger.. but when launching it you must launch it outside or else KabOOM after a few seconds !. Unless unless, the launch hole is bigger than the docked M1 ship.

That was what i learnt from ARAN docking M0 XTM Vahalla and M2 Vahalla.

@apricotslice

If you would study the dummies file, you can actually create such dock scenes and then place them in your TYR scene... instead of using these for launchonly,

ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_FIGHTER

or

ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_STANDARD

Use, ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_HUGESHIP or ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_BIGSHIP in launch only.

That way the little docking exit door doesn't show up.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”