EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet (Readme and Info)
View previous topic :: View next topic
SymTec ltd.

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:25    Post subject: Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet (Readme and Info) Reply with quote Print

Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet
Readme and Info
(for X3TC 2.1 and upward)

With the X3TC update 2.1 we released a new version of the sector- and universe trader. Apart from fixing code problems we also included new features, such as the ability to use M6 class ships and a completely new ware selection algorithm for small jumpranges.

But there's more: There are two new features just for the community: For one, there's the X3TC trading log which logs all transactions and profits of your trading fleet. And there's the Technical Datasheet for the Trade Command Software MK3.

The Technical Datasheet is a manual for a better use of the Trade Command Software. It gives you information about the different command types, supported ship classes and technical components of the software. You will also find a list of the different courses of pilot education, and a list of education cost.

One important message of the datasheet is: For the best compromise between efficiency and security, set your ship up as a local trader with a 1-2 jumprange. A network of those in secure (!) sectors earns more money than a bunch of universe traders that only go after the greatest profit and waste their jump energy.

You can download the Technical Datasheet at:
downloads.thexuniverse.us - Download English
downloads.thexuniverse.us - Download German

STL Software Development and Modification wishes you good profits.

Lyth

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks Smile

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you this is very instructive. There is a growing body of opinion that the new 2.1 UT is more prone to running out of e-cells and travelling across hostile sectors in search of jumpfuel. See http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250127

I think there is also a general lack of understanding how to use the sector blacklist effectively - if that is possible for the player.

EmperorJon

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I was just about to ask an ST Q., so I'll put it here: can homebased STs still only sell products, or will they seel intermediate... 'cos mine won't sell the energy. I have a closed loop complex in Weaver's Tempest, with an ST running the sector. It will sell wheat to the SF Distilleries, Ore to the IBL Forges, but not Energy... Evil or Very Mad

My personal opinion is that X:R was terrible and loaded with micromanage-y gimmicks, a terrible interface, and was release half-unfinished but maybe in the future it'll go in the right direction. Until then you probably won't see me around that much. Best of luck. I mean it. Smile
ianrobo75

modified
PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

For me this link locks up both IE7 and Google chrome to such a level the processes have to be killed. Anyone else?

Edit: Sorry, was my machine.

Last edited by ianrobo75 on Thu, 18. Jun 09, 11:05; edited 1 time in total
Carlo the Curious

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Seems fine on IE8 and Firefox 3.0.11 (Adobe Reader 8.1.6).

clevider

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I've not yet made use of either the ST or UT commands yet, but I had been given to understand that UT ships require at least 25MJ of shielding and Fight MK1 software in order to start the command. I don't see it mentioned in your guide, however. Is this information incorrect or are dependencies outside the scope of a datasheet?

Also, section 3.6 discusses the M6 class stating, "they can be used for trading," but the class isn't included in the list of classes in the intro to section 3. Was the reference only intended to refer to manual trading or can they really be used for ST/UT work?

It's great work, by the way, and I'm not intending to nitpick. I've already linked to this thread from my list of command requirements and want to make sure that I correct any mistakes I have there.

Also, it opens fine for Opera and my copy of Chrome.

-- Sir Francis Drake appearing on Larry King Live (History Bites)
Carlo the Curious

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

clevider wrote:
I've not yet made use of either the ST or UT commands yet, but I had been given to understand that UT ships require at least 25MJ of shielding and Fight MK1 software in order to start the command.

The requirements were changed for TC - Fight software and shielding are no longer mandatory.

Quote:
Also, section 3.6 discusses the M6 class stating, "they can be used for trading," but the class isn't included in the list of classes in the intro to section 3. Was the reference only intended to refer to manual trading or can they really be used for ST/UT work?

M6s can be used for MK3 traders as of version 2.1. I'm guessing not all parts of the document were updated Razz.

Rapier

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I spy LaTeX Wink

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google
supakillaii

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Gaah!

The X Online FAQ!
Tycow

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Rapier wrote:
I spy LaTeX Wink

Mention the king of spam, and he shall appear...

PostPosted: Wed, 17. Jun 09, 22:59    Post subject: Re: Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet (Readme and Info) Reply with quote Print

SymTec ltd. wrote:
Apart from fixing code problems we also included new features, such as the ability to use M6 class ships and a completely new ware selection algorithm for small jumpranges.

I see it now .. the universe .. its being overrun by a fleet of Springblossoms Smile.

b3snyder

PostPosted: Thu, 18. Jun 09, 04:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Interesting read, but I noticed a conflict concerning the search for profitable routes. In section 1.2 it says:
Quote:
From a trading jumprange of 2 upwards, the trade computer does not dare calculate the most profitable route anymore, but uses a non-deterministic algorithm to look for good trade runs.

But in section 5.2 it says:
Quote:
The short routine is a very recent development, optimized for a range of 0 to 2 sectors. It makes a list of all wares that are bought and sold within a specified jumprange and looks for the connection with the absolute maximum profit. As this routine is scanning a lot of stations and doing a lot of calculations in the process, it cannot be used for a bigger range.

So is the short routine 0-2 or 0-1 Confused

Also, do the training courses with the non-technical contents, such as Business Japanese or Customer Relations, actually do anything or are they just filler? If they actually do something, then more information would be appreciated. Smile

SymTec ltd.

PostPosted: Thu, 18. Jun 09, 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

b3snyder wrote:
So is the short routine 0-2 or 0-1 Confused

Actually, it's neither, and both: At two jumps, the pilot will throw a coin if he gets out his calculator and tries the best possible run, or just goes with one that looks nice at first sight.
b3snyder wrote:
Also, do the training courses with the non-technical contents, such as Business Japanese or Customer Relations, actually do anything or are they just filler? If they actually do something, then more information would be appreciated. Smile

No, the pilots do not actually learn Japanese. I don't speak Japanese. Razz

Alan Phipps wrote:
There is a growing body of opinion that the new 2.1 UT is more prone to running out of e-cells and travelling across hostile sectors in search of jumpfuel.

Hmm, that's bad. Maybe local traders do better on that than galaxy traders do.

Alan Phipps wrote:
I think there is also a general lack of understanding how to use the sector blacklist effectively - if that is possible for the player.

That list is only noted in the "technical components" part, because that's where it belongs: The trader will keep a list, the player has no access to this (unless someone writes a script that adds a GUI for it).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Thu, 18. Jun 09, 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ SymTec ltd. Thanks for the replies. I think the UT refuel issue needs the 2.1 UT devs to look at it as a lot of players are abandoning UTs in favour of the better Local STs. It is a shame to lose faith in something that that was so good and reliable in X3R and has had a lot of improvement effort invested in it in X3TC.