MK3 Trading Log
Logging function for Trade Command Software MK3
(for X3TC 2.1 and higher)
Setting up a MK3 trader takes a lot of money. You need to buy a good ship, with excellent shielding and quite expensive software extensions. As soon as you start the trader, you give him full access to your bank account, so he could possibly be spending all your money to buy fighter drones and jumpfuel. With all that in mind, you should be very interested in your trader's cashflow.
The MK3 Trading Log uses a debug logging function of X3: Terran Conflict to write a detailed log for your traders' actions. You can then view this log with every web browser. The logging function has been part of the MK3 Software since X2, but many people forgot about it in the meantime. You can view a log of my personal trading empire here.
Links and Downloads
- datasheet_en.pdf (Outdated link) - Manual for the Trade Command Software MK3, including a chapter on the logging function
logging.zip (Outdated link) - Files to activate and deactivate logging and view the log (New link from xdownloads: logging.zip)
x2trader.xml (Outdated link) - example log
Step-by-step-instructions to get to your trading log
1.: Download "logging.zip" and extract the folder "trader" to the X3TC game folder
2.: Double-click "logging_on.bat" in the "trader"-folder to turn the logging function on
3.: Play the game
4.: Double-click "create_stats.bat" to create the trader log
5.: Double-click "view_stats.html" to view the trader log
If your log gets too long: Double-click "clear_log.bat"
To uninstall: Double-click "logging_off.bat" to turn the logging back off.
If you want easier access to the "create_stats" and the "view_log"-buttons, you can create a shortcut to the respective file and move it wherever you like. As the logging function is a mostly external tool that changes almost nothing inside the game, this tool does not create a *modified*!
- Grey: Loading a new savegame
- Green: Starting a new trader
- Yellow: Completed trade run
- Orange: Pilot Training
- Red: Buying ship upgrade/Energy/Drones
- This tool works only with English and German windows installs. For other languages, you must edit the file "create_stats.bat"
- ".bat"-files are very powerful and are therefore blocked by some virus scanners. It is possible to work without them, but that's not as simple
- This tool does not work with X3TC versions prior to 2.1
- It is not possible to turn the logging on or of depending on your savegame. Every game will log to the same file.
UTProfit by euclid
MK3 Handelsprotokoll (German)
Edit: Added working xdownloads link for main download (logging.zip) and marked outdated links. X2-Illuminatus