EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[SCR] Collect Wares MK2 (7 Sept 2011)
View previous topic :: View next topic
arcana75

Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Sat, 6. Jun 09, 09:54    Post subject: [SCR] Collect Wares MK2 (7 Sept 2011) Reply with quote Print

Simple mod of the Collect Wares ... command to make ur ships dock at either homebase or the nearest station when either there are no wares left or the ship's hold is full. This works great especially hostile sectors: park ur TM in a neighbouring sector and send ur ships to collect.

It overrides the default Collect Wares ... command but if the ship is already running the command then just set it to NONE and/or re-run it.

As the new commands make use of some vanilla script behaviour, in the event the collecting ship decides to return to homebase and homebase is not in-sector and the collecting ship has enough e-cells, a jumpdrive and the Autojump setting configured, in all likelihood it'll jump to where the homebase is.

Superbox SPK Zip
Superbox Zip

Last edited by arcana75 on Wed, 7. Sep 11, 15:05; edited 5 times in total
LV
Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sat, 6. Jun 09, 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'd written something similar myself and was about to upload it Smile

Does your script terminate when they dock as the one i was tweaking drops off wares at station/ship (homebase) and then starts collecting again, it also jumps the ship forward and backwards if the sectors are different, I'm only asking as if they do pretty much the same you'll save me packing it and uploading it when i get round to it as there's no point re-inventing the wheel and i don't want to urinate on your bonfire.

The main reason i'd done this is the stock collect wares script waits too long between pickups so i re-wrote the collection/pickup part and i was playing with the idea of beaming in <3k if it had my freight transporter upgrade installed to stop ships IS going round in circles.

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses
arcana75

PostPosted: Sat, 6. Jun 09, 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

LV wrote:
I'd written something similar myself and was about to upload it Smile

Does your script terminate when they dock as the one i was tweaking drops off wares at station/ship (homebase) and then starts collecting again, it also jumps the ship forward and backwards if the sectors are different, I'm only asking as if they do pretty much the same you'll save me packing it and uploading it when i get round to it as there's no point re-inventing the wheel and i don't want to urinate on your bonfire.

The main reason i'd done this is the stock collect wares script waits too long between pickups so i re-wrote the collection/pickup part and i was playing with the idea of beaming in <3k if it had my freight transporter upgrade installed to stop ships IS going round in circles.

Hi LV as usual ur script is a super-powerup of the default script!

Mine's a mere lipstick application Embarassed

So no, my version only does the default collection then docks at homebase or nearest station when either full or no wares to collect and then return to none status. In fact if u look at the script I only added 4 lines of code to the original (and a few breaks).

I got tired of losing ships in pirate sectors after they idled too long collecting wares so just patched it as necessary. It works perfectly for my TM with 4 collectors: jump in, launch, collect, dock, jump out.

LV
Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sat, 6. Jun 09, 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

there's no need to Embarassed

as you say mines been imperialised and written primarily for myself, it may well be that the normal user prefers your method to crack the nut instead of the imperial sledgehammer I tend to use Smile

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses
SLeeZeCoRe

PostPosted: Sat, 6. Jun 09, 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'll try this out tonight Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun, 26. Jul 09, 07:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

LV wrote:

as you say mines been imperialised and written primarily for myself, it may well be that the normal user prefers your method to crack the nut instead of the imperial sledgehammer I tend to use Smile

I want your script LV, I have been looking for a script to do something like that and yours is close enough!

What I'm REALLY looking for is a script that let's me send any ship out after I select a ware and and amount and he will scour the universe looking for it (mainly for low stock and hard to find items), buy it, and return to either where he started or home base.

So my question is, is there already a script to do that or is your script the closest?

ThisIsHarsh

PostPosted: Sun, 26. Jul 09, 07:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

vizerei wrote:
LV wrote:

I want your script LV, I have been looking for a script to do something like that and yours is close enough!

What I'm REALLY looking for is a script that let's me send any ship out after I select a ware and and amount and he will scour the universe looking for it (mainly for low stock and hard to find items), buy it, and return to either where he started or home base.

So my question is, is there already a script to do that or is your script the closest?

Manual Trade Extension lets you define a list of wares to buy and select from 'any price', 'less than average' or 'less than equal average', will continuously buy the ware wherever it is found and optionally dump at it's homebase.

vizerei

PostPosted: Wed, 29. Jul 09, 03:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
vizerei wrote:
LV wrote:

Manual Trade Extension lets you define a list of wares to buy and select from 'any price', 'less than average' or 'less than equal average', will continuously buy the ware wherever it is found and optionally dump at it's homebase.

Oh sweet, thanks!

cwc

PostPosted: Tue, 4. May 10, 02:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Just wanted to say that I really like this script, but my ships don't seem to be jumping to get back to their home station. I have JD, e-cells, autojump turned on, etc., and the ships definitely jump if I manually tell them to return home, just not when done collecting.

Still a huge improvement over vanilla collection script though, thanks for sharing. Very Happy

arcana75

PostPosted: Sat, 5. Jun 10, 01:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Updated files (SPK and ZIP) for 2.7!

TSM
Not a Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 30. Dec 11, 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

this likely to work ok with Albion Prelude?

iniochos

PostPosted: Sun, 28. Oct 12, 09:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@arcana75

I don't know if you still up with this script, but if you are, I have the same problem with cwc : "...I have JD, e-cells, autojump turned on, etc., and the ships definitely jump if I manually tell them to return home, just not when done collecting. "

I have lost ships trying to go back to their base flying through hostile sesctor. Sad