[SCR] Collect Wares MK2 (7 Sept 2011)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

arcana75
x3tc

[SCR] Collect Wares MK2 (7 Sept 2011)

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 09:54

Simple mod of the Collect Wares ... command to make ur ships dock at either homebase or the nearest station when either there are no wares left or the ship's hold is full. This works great especially hostile sectors: park ur TM in a neighbouring sector and send ur ships to collect.

It overrides the default Collect Wares ... command but if the ship is already running the command then just set it to NONE and/or re-run it.

As the new commands make use of some vanilla script behaviour, in the event the collecting ship decides to return to homebase and homebase is not in-sector and the collecting ship has enough e-cells, a jumpdrive and the Autojump setting configured, in all likelihood it'll jump to where the homebase is.

[ external image ]
Superbox SPK Zip
Superbox Zip
Last edited by arcana75 on Wed, 7. Sep 11, 15:05, edited 5 times in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 10:24

I'd written something similar myself and was about to upload it :)

Does your script terminate when they dock as the one i was tweaking drops off wares at station/ship (homebase) and then starts collecting again, it also jumps the ship forward and backwards if the sectors are different, I'm only asking as if they do pretty much the same you'll save me packing it and uploading it when i get round to it as there's no point re-inventing the wheel and i don't want to urinate on your bonfire.

The main reason i'd done this is the stock collect wares script waits too long between pickups so i re-wrote the collection/pickup part and i was playing with the idea of beaming in <3k if it had my freight transporter upgrade installed to stop ships IS going round in circles.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 10:40

LV wrote:I'd written something similar myself and was about to upload it :)

Does your script terminate when they dock as the one i was tweaking drops off wares at station/ship (homebase) and then starts collecting again, it also jumps the ship forward and backwards if the sectors are different, I'm only asking as if they do pretty much the same you'll save me packing it and uploading it when i get round to it as there's no point re-inventing the wheel and i don't want to urinate on your bonfire.

The main reason i'd done this is the stock collect wares script waits too long between pickups so i re-wrote the collection/pickup part and i was playing with the idea of beaming in <3k if it had my freight transporter upgrade installed to stop ships IS going round in circles.
Hi LV as usual ur script is a super-powerup of the default script!

Mine's a mere lipstick application :oops:

So no, my version only does the default collection then docks at homebase or nearest station when either full or no wares to collect and then return to none status. In fact if u look at the script I only added 4 lines of code to the original (and a few breaks).

I got tired of losing ships in pirate sectors after they idled too long collecting wares so just patched it as necessary. It works perfectly for my TM with 4 collectors: jump in, launch, collect, dock, jump out.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 12:17

there's no need to :oops:

as you say mines been imperialised and written primarily for myself, it may well be that the normal user prefers your method to crack the nut instead of the imperial sledgehammer I tend to use :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 18:31

I'll try this out tonight :D

vizerei
x3tc

Post by vizerei » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 07:07

LV wrote:there's no need to :oops:

as you say mines been imperialised and written primarily for myself, it may well be that the normal user prefers your method to crack the nut instead of the imperial sledgehammer I tend to use :)
I want your script LV, I have been looking for a script to do something like that and yours is close enough!

What I'm REALLY looking for is a script that let's me send any ship out after I select a ware and and amount and he will scour the universe looking for it (mainly for low stock and hard to find items), buy it, and return to either where he started or home base.

So my question is, is there already a script to do that or is your script the closest?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 07:28

vizerei wrote:

I want your script LV, I have been looking for a script to do something like that and yours is close enough!

What I'm REALLY looking for is a script that let's me send any ship out after I select a ware and and amount and he will scour the universe looking for it (mainly for low stock and hard to find items), buy it, and return to either where he started or home base.

So my question is, is there already a script to do that or is your script the closest?
Manual Trade Extension lets you define a list of wares to buy and select from 'any price', 'less than average' or 'less than equal average', will continuously buy the ware wherever it is found and optionally dump at it's homebase.

vizerei
x3tc

Post by vizerei » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 03:47

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
vizerei wrote:

Manual Trade Extension lets you define a list of wares to buy and select from 'any price', 'less than average' or 'less than equal average', will continuously buy the ware wherever it is found and optionally dump at it's homebase.
Oh sweet, thanks!

cwc
x3tc

Post by cwc » Tue, 4. May 10, 02:53

Just wanted to say that I really like this script, but my ships don't seem to be jumping to get back to their home station. I have JD, e-cells, autojump turned on, etc., and the ships definitely jump if I manually tell them to return home, just not when done collecting.

Still a huge improvement over vanilla collection script though, thanks for sharing. :D
CWC
"I aim to misbehave."

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 01:44

Updated files (SPK and ZIP) for 2.7!

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 16:59

this likely to work ok with Albion Prelude?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 08:38

@arcana75

I don't know if you still up with this script, but if you are, I have the same problem with cwc : "...I have JD, e-cells, autojump turned on, etc., and the ships definitely jump if I manually tell them to return home, just not when done collecting. "

I have lost ships trying to go back to their base flying through hostile sesctor. :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”