EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]
View previous topic :: View next topic
ThisIsHarsh

Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 00:32    Post subject: [SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20] Reply with quote Print

Salvage Commands & NPCs

Arrow Adds salvager commands [Sector salvager] and [Universe salvager]; and utility commands [Strip all ships docked at...] and [Strip all ships docked here].

Arrow The salvagers can be configured to collect crates, collect astronauts and/or claim ships.

Arrow Optionally adds NPC salvager ships to compete against.

Arrow Required: Cycrow's Community Configuration Menu

Arrow Highly recommended: NPC Bail Addon

Arrow Recommended: Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software
Arrow Recommended: TECSG's Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1

* Neither SCS plugin is required. The salvagers can use X3TC's System Override Software to claim ships (illegal unless you also have the rare Software Signature Scrambler installed).
* Alternatively, Special Command Software MK1 can be selected as the only requirement - for those who are not interested in SCS-type software.

The plugin is available is spk format:

Arrow You can now use Cycrow's Plugin Manager 'Package Updates' feature to keep this plugin up to date automatically. A big thanks to Maeyanie for graciously offering up the file hosting.

Arrow Both NPCs and commands can be enabled/disabled and configured via the Community Configuration Menu.

Arrow This script is designed to supplement NPC Bail Addon, but can be used without with no problems.

Code:

Required:  Cycrow's Community Configuration Menu [ http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218088 ]

Highly recommended:  NPC Bail Addon [ http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219440 ]

Recommended:
Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software [ http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=220348 ]
TECSG's Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1 [ http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223882 ]

* Neither of these plugins are required, but may be useful.  You can use the Community Configuration Menu to select which software upgrade is required for salvagers to claim ships.  Default options are System Override Software or Special Command Software MK1.

This plugin adds two salvager commands: [Sector salvager] and [Universe salvager]; as well as two utility commands: [Strip all ships docked at...] and [Strip all ships docked here]. 

It also adds NPC salvagers to your game to compete against. 

The commands and NPC salvagers can be enabled/disabled and configured using the Community Configuration Menu.

This plugin may still be useful without NPC Bail Addon and will work fine.  However, it is designed to supplement the new salvage opportunities added to the universe. The [Universe salvager] command and NPC salvagers are not much use without NPC Bail Addon installed.

===============================================================

== [Sector salvager] ==

Requires: Special Command Software MK1

This command will order your ship to automatically find salvagable items visible in the current sector and collect/claim them.  The type of items searched for depends on the software installed:

Freight scanner: collect crates.

Cargo Lifesupport System: collect astronauts.

Salvage Claim Software (depending on chosen option): claim ships.

If the salvager is a carrier with free docking space, then salvaged ships will dock at the salvager.  Otherwise they are sent to the nearest known friendly shipyard.

== [Universe salvager] ==

This command will order your ship to continuously search for and collect/claim salvagable items in the visible universe (so get that satellite network up and running).  The jumpdrive will be used and required energy cells bought, if possible, using the autojump and refuel settings in the ship's command console.

The software requirements are the same as for [Sector salvager].  Once the ship is 80% full of wares, the ship will dock and the command will quit.  The Universe salvager is a coward and will not attempt to enter sectors where enemies are visible.

== [Strip all ships docked at...] ==

This command will order the ship to dock at the selected station and attempt to transfer all wares from all player-owned ships docked there.  Useful when a shipyard has recently salvaged ships docked there with useful wares onboard.

== [Strip all ships docked here] ==

Requries: Ship must be a carrier with ships docked

This command will attempt to transfer all wares from all player-owned ships docked at this ship.  This is useful when using a carrier as your salvager ship.

== NPC salvagers ==

Enabling this option will allow pirate bases to send salvager ships to claim abandoned ships, collect crates and/or collect astronauts.

The Community Configuration Menu option "NPC max response rate" controls how often a pirate base may send out a salvager ship.

The Community Configuration Menu option "Destroy all NPC salvagers" will, over a period of a few minutes, destroy all active NPC salvagers in the universe.  This is useful after updating to a new version and you are still seeing some salvagers exhibiting incorrect behaviour.

Version history:
Added: Community Configuration Menu option to select SCS ware.
Fixed: Universe salvager command support for TECSG's SCS MK1.
Fixed: 'Unknown Command' showing when using TECSG's script or stock SOS.

Modified: support for TECSG's Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1 for ship claiming (commands and NPCs).
Modified: "Strip all ships..." commands strip a ship's equipment before attempting other wares.

Added: "Strip all ships docked here" command.
Added: "Destroy all NPC salvagers" Community Configuration Menu option.
Modified: If salvager is a carrier, ships will attempt to dock there.
Fixed: salvagers will no longer chase after some active ships.
Fixed: Was small possibility of refueling at undiscovered SPPs.

Added: "Strip all ships docked at..." command.
Modified: enabled System Override Software for claiming (commands and NPCs).
Modified: increased probability an NPC will be a ship salvager.
Fixed: potential issue of Salvage Claim Software incorrect ware ID.

Fixed: astronaut collection attempting to collect player(!).
Fixed: Universe salvager enemy checking.
Fixed: potential for 'stealing' ships.

Initial release.

Last edited by ThisIsHarsh on Fri, 21. Nov 08, 02:53; edited 20 times in total
Thrandisher

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 01:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Very nice.
After a week of withdrawl (had comp problems) ill be trying this out.

TSM
Not a Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 04:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I would like to try this but currently the host site is dead Wink

ThisIsHarsh

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 04:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

TSM wrote:
I would like to try this but currently the host site is dead Wink

Just tried here and it downloaded fine. You're not the first to mention weird behaviour with HyperFileShare, but I've never experienced a problem myself. No hosting of my own and review sites seemed to vote HyperFileShare as lesser of several evils.

TSM
Not a Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 04:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

done downloaded and installed all of the above will report back later Smile

Luckychuck

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm getting ready to load up your NPC Bailing Addon and wanted to say - Excellent work! Very Happy I really like it that you make everything optional.

Now, on to my suggestion. Back when I was playing X3-Reunion, I came across a script that would send you a salvage report of claimable ships (i.e. no pilot) when you requested it. It would scan any sector that you had a satellite or advanced satellite in and send a message to your log showing the ship and the sector and in the case of advanced satellites, its coordinates in the sector. It required Special Command Software and ran using a command in the special command menu. This might make a good addition to this script.

Again, thanks for these wonderful scripts.

Legionnaire

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Luckychuck, just to let you know that the script i believe you were referring to was TESCG's Salvage Claim Software, there is a new version of this on its way for X3:R and i'm currently Beta-testing an X3:TC version as well Smile

Legionnaire

Luckychuck

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks Legionnaire. I had really gotten attached to that script in Reunion. I'd hate to think I would have to do without it.

dragonsblade71uk

PostPosted: Sat, 1. Nov 08, 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Just a question, what happens to the claimed ship?

Does it just appear in the list and you get a message, then have to order it, or do you it do something like goto nearest SY?

ThisIsHarsh

PostPosted: Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah the auto salvaged ships are automatically sent to the nearest friendly shipyard. Should have mentioned that.

seedee

PostPosted: Sun, 2. Nov 08, 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

hey !

feedback / trouble :

i don't know why, but many wares seems to disappear when installing this add on.

(i mean, their names fade away, i've got the glitch with all upgrades, drones, cristals, as far as i can tell; plus, the fabs that produce / sells them seems to stop producing, change their capacity - crystal fab 664 => 224 cargo bay for product)

game returns to normal when uninstalling the script

X3 TC V1.2.1 French

installed scripts :
MARS turret / drones command
improved boarding
NPC bailing addon
mobile ship repairs
marine repair
cycrow's turbo booster
cycrow's community configuration menu
cycrow's Salvage Claim Software

all of these work well, edited the t files myself (without translating them, maybe i'll do it this evening) to make them appear in my game (langage code 33 - french)

regards,
Seedz

(sorry for bad writing, got some trouble when findings words either in french or english Sad)

Teladidrone

PostPosted: Sun, 2. Nov 08, 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Yeah the auto salvaged ships are automatically sent to the nearest friendly shipyard. Should have mentioned that.

Maybe thats not a so good idea... they may get in a lot of trouble on the way and are usually badly damaged, slow and without shields - even a pirate in a lousy disco can waste them.
Why not make them dock at the salvaging ship (if possible) or just order them to follow.
That way the salvaging ship can protect them in case of danger.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Mon, 3. Nov 08, 00:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

seedee wrote:
i don't know why, but many wares seems to disappear when installing this add on.

sounds like you dont have the latest version of the plugin manager, an old beta could cause a problem with the wares fiels. Make sure the plugin manager says (Beta 5) in the title

seedee wrote:
all of these work well, edited the t files myself (without translating them, maybe i'll do it this evening) to make them appear in my game (langage code 33 - french)

if they are installed via the plugin manager, you dont need to do it manually, the plugin manager c an do it automatically for you. But again, make sure you have the latest version

seedee

PostPosted: Mon, 3. Nov 08, 01:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ok, give me a rope xD

taking note : "check plugin manager version before searching everywhere else next time"

ThisIsHarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 3. Nov 08, 03:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Teladidrone wrote:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:

Maybe thats not a so good idea... they may get in a lot of trouble on the way and are usually badly damaged, slow and without shields - even a pirate in a lousy disco can waste them.
Why not make them dock at the salvaging ship (if possible) or just order them to follow.
That way the salvaging ship can protect them in case of danger.

Actually, in a whole lot of testing I found that it is the safest course of action, as well as most useful. If left to sit there, they are likely to get destroyed (that sector has just been under attack, most likely, so is probably an unsafe sector to leave a damaged ship). If told to follow/dock at the salvager, this will slow the salvager down significantly putting both in jeapordy ... not to mention the problem of the salvager jumping away and the salvaged ship trying to catch up to it.

Saying all that, there is no harm in adding the option to allow the player to choose for themselves, so I'll add it to my todo list, but I've a few other irons on the fire just now so it will be a while.