[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 09:42

Off the top of my head no idea. Just look for a "plugin.lv.build.gate" and look through those.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 17:59

There will be a new build up in the next few days, just spent the day rewriting it to remove emp need and put a touch of fluff and balance in
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 18:38

Question, is it possible to do an additional with the Terran Jump Gate variant? I do love the one they build after the Aldrin plotline. I like using Commonwealth ones but the Terran one would just be icing, cherry and sprinkles. :)

RatiuGrigore
x3tc

Post by RatiuGrigore » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 21:41

It wont work at all for me,the wares arnt in the stations,i put the wares in by cheating(muhahaha),but the command is greyed out.What is it to do,im in the correct ship,have 2 pieces.Thx

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 15:35

Download at top of first link

NOTE
Imperial TC Script Library needed now!!

================================
Version 1.3 update

After more boredom i decided to change most of the features and removed the need for EMP and also added some fluff to the building process

As of 1.3

[ external image ]

You MUST use a M1 or TL class ship

Gates must be created from the materials sold at race Gate Construction Centres.
[ external image ]

A new hotkey allows opening of the menu although it is still also bound to the ships menu.

You can find the locations of the Gate Centres via this menu, in addition it will tell you how much of each material is needed to construct gates from x-y
[ external image ]

To load up with Materials fly within 6k of one of the centres and turn on the Start Material Command by clicking it
[ external image ]

Your ship will be loaded by the station and each transaction counts as enough materials for 1 sector, each trade costs 50k

Building gates is done the same way as before and once your route is chosen drones will now launch from you ship and build the gates for you.

Final Addition

I added some waste wares to the gate fabs which are produced during trade or production, you are advised to use the Radioactive Waste and Hazardous Waste to fill the Waste Facility that is created with the Gate Factories as they will make needed Trading Drones. It is also much safer than the fabs disposing of the waste themselves ;)

Once a fab is full of either waste it will stop producing until the waste is traded.

====================
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 17:56

Quick comment, when the Terran one spawned it put it in Aldrin...right in the middle of the big huge rock in the middle. So that one is now a duff. I can't get to that one. Is it possible to blacklist that sector so it doesn't end up there?

It's also picking to use stations that I cannot dock a TL at. So far we've had an EMPC Forge and now we're on a Gauss Cannon. Is this intentional? Is this a way of hinting that I need a small fleet of TP?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 23:23

1) Turn off the plugin and it will nuke the fabs, when you turn it back on they will be build somewhere else ;)

2) I see you read the update about loading....., you only need to dock to get waste
LV's TC Scripts

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 09:26

Thanks on one, oops on two. :oops:

Derax
x3tc

Post by Derax » Tue, 6. Dec 11, 10:35

Is the AI using the gate in a good way?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 6. Dec 11, 19:55

define good

Kodiake

Problem making gates from Aldrin

Post by Kodiake » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 21:28

I have been having issues with getting this software to work correctly and I seem to have hopefully figured it out. We'll see after this build timer is complete :).

From what I have gathered, the requirements for building gates has changed. Does it not require the JCS anymore? It seems to only require that you have the right kind of ship and the proper amount of required materials. I don't see the JCS as an option in any of the ware lists, but I do show all of the construction materials in that list. I'm thinking to eliminate the EMP requirements, you must have taken out the JCS, but I could actually be wrong about that. I seem to get the Construction menu available, everything seems to work and I have no JCS on my ship.

But anyway back to my issue. I was attempting to build a gate from a "gateless" sector (Aldrin) to Cloudbase Southeast. I had a whole TL full of construction kits and materials. Every time I would estimate the cost it would show the required amounts, but every time I would try to build it would say "Not enough construction materials". It appears to calculate the amount of jumps required to jump from a gateless sector as NULL. There was no code to deal with this issue (at least not that I saw in my quick scan). I seem to have corrected this by adding in 3 lines of codes to the plugin.lv.build.gate script.

Line 231 has the following:

$jumps = get jumps from sector $sec to sector $tsec

I added the following 3 lines after line 231:

if $jumps == null
$jumps == 25
end

If during the build process, it gets a Null value for the amount of Jumps, it will make it 25 jumps. I figured 25 jumps was a large enough amount to accomodate for having to link to a gateless sector.

I never was able to get it to work before this. It would say "Funds Transferred" or whatever then it would fail.
I just got it to actually say it was building the gates after adding those 3 lines. We'll see how well it works in about 93 minutes. :)

*** UPDATE ***

The fix above seems to work correctly. I now have a gate from Aldrin to Cloudbase Southeast. Excellent job on the script LV. Hopefully now my supply ship can actually load the guns from Aldrin to my new ships without me having to do it all manually. My UT's seem to be trading here now so it appears it's working fine now.

*** UPDATE 2 ***

Ok I just had to come back and update this post with a warning for everyone who might use this script. I would advise against making a gate to Aldrin. It could cause you to have a game crash at a certain point in the plotline.
Spoiler
Show
If you make a gate to Aldrin, during the Aldrin Expansion plotline, the system will reconfigure the Aldrin system and it will make 6 gates there. If you have an existing gate there when this happens, it will crash your game and every time you try to jump to Aldrin you will end up at the desktop instead. I had a gate from Aldrin to Omicron Lyrae and a gate from Aldrin to Cloudbase Southease, which I then linked to my hub. As soon as I got to that point in the plotline and jumped in to Aldrin, I would crash to the desktop. Tthe only way to fix it was to go way back to an early save I had from before I installed the Aldrin gates. Without the gates the plot worked perfectly fine. And another note: If you have a gate that you created and linked to your Hub and then you turn off the script, it will actually delete the created gates in the original sectors, but in the process it will also remove the Hubs gates that were linked.

Turnus
x4

Post by Turnus » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 15:23

Hey LV I know this was made a long while ago, but is it possible to make a Reunion version? I could totally dig placing complexes in a bunch of unknown sectors and creating gates in each one to my phq. >.<

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 17:36

speak to bullwinkle, he's enjoyig scripting at the moment, he may port it

he may also tell you to take a hike of course ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 20:15

LV wrote:speak to bullwinkle, he's enjoyig scripting at the moment, he may port it

he may also tell you to take a hike of course ;)
I have never even installed Reunion.

Surely, there must be similar scripts already done for Reunion? When I look through the archives it seems as though *everything* was done for Reunion. No?

[ external image ]

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 16:05

Quick Question... and forgive me if someone has already asked this, but...

...does it matter that Jumpgate Construction Software doesn't exist after installing this scriptset?

The Construction stations have spawned, and the hotkey works fine, bringing up the menu, but JCS doesn't exist in the game, nor does the "Gate Construction Interface" mention it as a required Ware.

It DOES however reckon that SIX(not two) units of JumpDRIVE Components are required.

Will it still work if I use those instead?

qwerty22222

Post by qwerty22222 » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 00:21

bull

It doesnt work atal. Why waste everybodies time & post somthing you cant actually finish. Nobber

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 00:39

Thraxwhirl wrote:Quick Question... and forgive me if someone has already asked this, but...

...does it matter that Jumpgate Construction Software doesn't exist after installing this scriptset?

The Construction stations have spawned, and the hotkey works fine, bringing up the menu, but JCS doesn't exist in the game, nor does the "Gate Construction Interface" mention it as a required Ware.

It DOES however reckon that SIX(not two) units of JumpDRIVE Components are required.

Will it still work if I use those instead?
I'll take a look at the script (must re-install it first) if no update in a week poke me with something
qwerty22222 wrote:bull

It doesnt work atal. Why waste everybodies time & post somthing you cant actually finish. Nobber
My current records for kicking forum members into space are 5,675 km and 4.5 s to reach lower orbit, where they either find their ability to breathe challenged or burn up on re-entry. I'm always happy to try and break the record though ;)

zip it!
LV's TC Scripts

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 19:15

Ok updated to 1.4

no change bar one text fix after checking the script it's working fine (as long as you read the OP)

make sure your in an M1 or TL

fly to nearest JGCT Factory, start the command and choose collect materials
turn that off once you have enough stocked via the drones that get sent to stock your ship

build your gate

ALSO UPDATE YOUR IMPERIAL LIBRARY SCRIPTS

download link in sig or OP

:)
LV's TC Scripts

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 20:22

I gave it a tryout, LV, and the script ran fine.

Despite the confusion over wares - it seems to be only the NAME which is incorrectly labelled. The gate construction stations manufacture JDCs and these match up fine with what the deployment script says it requires.

And when I activate the process, it deploys the gate just fine.

Leads me to ask, is it both necessary and safe to update to the new version, since I'm already running a game in which I've been using this script? It won't cause the current save game to fubar or anything will it?

As for positive feedback, if you want it, you sure as hell got it.

It's amazing! I had simply expected a gate to blink into existence or something equally pedestrian, but those little freight drones whizzing about and building it...

...I take my hat off to you sir.

Really impressive.

Don't suppose you fancy using those drones to build player-owned OWPs the NEXT time you're "bored" do you? ;)

Or has someone else already made an OWP-deployment script I've not noticed?

In any case, I really do like this one a great deal. Just wish that Buy Ware for Best Price could handle custom wares. That way I could stockpile the resources at a station where me TL can dock... like an HQ or Military Outpost.

Hey ho. Can't have everything.

Anyhow. Great scriptset. Lovely touch with the visual deployment. Really impressive...

...but just a tad reluctant to replace the scripts in a game that's already running.

Is it safe?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 18:25

can't say 100% it's safe but i don't recall changing the critical element of the script which is the global variable array that holds the gate network JCT creates.

I can only say try it

as far as OWP's i actually have 90 of a script but boarding training 95% and something for the new start wars ships are my priorities once i can get away from fixing the vanilla rrf
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”