[MD Script] Plots Reset 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 12. Dec 09, 19:33

well.. it doesn't start. I have high Boron rank, but Ma Hi ship doesn't show up

The same happens to Goner plot, (no Goner Osiris in EoL), but this script helped with that - after ResetGP goner TL appeared, so I guess it could help with other plots as well.

Plots that I already started earlier in game (terran, final fury and poisoned paranid) were OK, it's just like at some point something happened and other plots cannot start.

I'm trying to modify this script like this:

<cue name="Reset_HUB">
<condition>
<check_value value="{player.name}" exact="ResetHUB"/>
</condition>
<action>
<do_all>
<reset_cue cue="L2M007 Create Mahe Ma"/>
<play_text>
<line actor="KResetplots.Kcheatsbetty" pageid="13" textid="131"/>
</play_text>
<reset_cue cue="KResetplots"/>
</do_all>
</action>
</cue>

I copied Goner plot part, changed to ResetHUB, and trying different cues
("L2M007", "L2M007 Create Mahe Ma", "L2M007 Ma Lost" etc) but no luck.
Right now I killed some Boron ships to drop my rank just a bit, and will gain notoriety again, in hope that maybe event "you have gained recognition" will trigger cue reset..

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 17:31

Added Treasure Hunt as per request.

MFG

Ketraar

Kong
x3tc

Post by Kong » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 19:21

Ketraar you are a hero.

My Goner plot was broken, thank you very much for this script.
Stop the War on Drugs. It is killing more people than the drugs. Not a single death in history worldwide can be directly related to cannabis, yet in some countries you will be murdered by the state for simple possession. The UN admitted the failure of its repressive measures. Stop the madness, legalize drugs!

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 07:01

Thanks for this, it worked well once everything was setup right.

Some tips to others that follow:

You'll need the "mission director" files from 04.dat. You get these using doubleshadows Mod Manager to extract them. If like me you don't have both the Visual basic & C+ runtime libraries installed, the modmanager won't work. The VB library was installed with the MM installer, but the C lib I had to download manually. Doubleshadow has a link to the them on the download page for the mod manager, though it's not immediately obvious, it's in the description. You can find it HERE. Install the library using the "System directory" option, if it asks.

Launch the modmanager. There was no shortcut created so I had to go to:
C:\Program Files\X3 ModManager, and launch it (X3ModManager.exe) manually.

Open 04.dat (located in your X3TC root directory), Select only the "Director/" path files & extract them. You should now have a folder called "director" in your X3TC root folder. Close the modmanager, thank doubleshadow for making this awesome tool.

Extract Ketraar's Plotreset script right into your X3TC root folder. It should place 2 files into your new director directory, modified.txt & Plotsreset.xml. The included readme is in German, however you can find the english instructions needed to properly reset the plots at the start of this thread. The instructions aren't clear on which "scene" = which mission. I PMed to ask about my specific case and resetting the "satellite" mission equated to resetting to scene 4. YMMV

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 04:02

@Ketraar: Your script got my Terran plot right back on track, and I finished it a couple days ago. Thanks.

I tried to reset the Treasure hunt plot, and I don't think it worked.
Spoiler
Show
I must have missed the stupid teladi the first time, I checked every pirate sector over and over for a station with the blue icon, with no success. I used your script, and a *long* time later I still have not received the message stating that an Argon ship was boarded by Yaki, etc.
I have taken a look at your Plotsreset.xml file, the cue name to reset for ResetTH is blank... It looks like you put the tag in the wrong spot.

<cue name="Reset_TH">
<condition>
<check_value value="{player.name}" exact="ResetTH"/>
</condition>
<action>
<do_all>
<reset_cue cue=""/>
<play_text>
</play_text>KTH_Message
</do_all>
</action>
</cue>

It should read:

----
<do_all>
<reset_cue cue="KTH_Message"/>
<play_text>
</play_text>
</do_all>
----

I made the change and reran the ResetTH command, it worked just as expected this time. Looks like you should update your file. Thanks.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 10:41

The file is fine, just checked. It would be odd since it worked already for those who requested it.

Here the code pasted from the file.

Code: Select all

<cue name="Reset_TH">
          <condition>
            <check_value value="{player.name}" exact="ResetTH"/>
          </condition>
          <action>
            <do_all>
              <reset_cue cue="KTH_Message"/>
              <play_text>
              </play_text>
            </do_all>
          </action>
        </cue>
No idea where you got the file, but if you got it from the link in OP its fine as it should be.

MFG

Ketraar

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 03:23

Weird. I just downloaded it again and checked, the file from AD is in fact fine.

I didn't touch the file I downloaded except to move it into the director directory. Whatever the reason, I'm glad then it was only me. Frustrating as it was, I wouldn't wish that problem on anyone.

Casper335
x4

Post by Casper335 » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 03:54

first of all i try to reset the aldrin mission i followed the instruction i had to extract the directory files from 04.dat reset it then i saw the the current mission i was on ( a new home i'm at the point of collecting the money forthe sector) disapeared from the mission list..... i reloaded the last save (juste before the reset) and it was still not there then i removed the director directory. restart reload the last save and it was there ouffff. but i'm still not able to do the aldrin mission even though i have all the prerequisite. ( i think)

help..... lol

Casper

Pandaman

Post by Pandaman » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 19:44

Does it work if I already finished my mission? I want to play the Terran last mission again.

JoseMariaOlazabal
x3

Post by JoseMariaOlazabal » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 20:45

Hey Guys,

is there a way to reset the ANH Mission from Patch 2.6? I picked the wrong sector and have no savegame at hand.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 23:06

@Pandaman
Yes it should work.

@JoseMariaOlazabal
No, there will not be a reset to ANH. It would not work anyway, since once you choose the sector the objects are stored in your save and can't be removed.
Means you need to a) load previous save or ) restart from scratch

MFG

Ketraar

JoseMariaOlazabal
x3

Post by JoseMariaOlazabal » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 00:51

@ Ketraar

Thanks for the fast reply. Is it possible to edit the savegame? Unfortunately I haven't got an old one. While playing the mission I thought that I just choose the name of my own sector. Then I read that there are different layouts and backgrounds available. :oops:

Pandaman

Post by Pandaman » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 08:29

It didn't work. I get no mission in my mission.

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 21:22

Hello all,

i just wondering, could you add HUB plot and PHQ plot, because somtimes Mahi ma doesnt show up after i met the requirement FAQ, almost same with exterminmator but since the KP already there then it is easy to call the exterminator.

Please help.
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

NeoBahamutZERO
x4

Post by NeoBahamutZERO » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 20:07

Yeah... I need the script to reset the HUB missions. My Otmanckstras disappeared. Please and thank you.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 15. Jun 10, 03:04

have used this one and then the plot skipper tool (my game was affected by the inmersive backgrounds bug), works like a charm.

bass400
x3tc

Post by bass400 » Thu, 1. Jul 10, 11:42

Am I able to use this mod to reset the A New Home plot? I didn't see it listed in the first post, perhaps it goes by a different name?

Thanks.

SnakebiteEx
x4

Post by SnakebiteEx » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 00:15

dude, thanks!

but having a slight problem...

after reseting the Aldrin plot and the treasure hunt plot they dont come back

i have dont all that's necessary but nothing....

maxrsp

Post by maxrsp » Thu, 5. Aug 10, 16:05

I would like to 2nd the request from Bass for an update to reset the New Home plot. Please and Thank you!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”