X4: Cradle of Humanity (Release Date March 16, 2021, 6pm CET; Livestream at 5pm CET)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 22:19

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 18:32
hxsgame wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 18:27
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 20:16
4.0 update will have have a public beta first so we are some time away from stable version
Mybe we are some time away from the 4.0 public beta.
my hope is end of November the latest
I'd imagine it'll be given to us in chunks, all the features wont be given to us straight away to test, previous major patches were the same. Every couple of weeks of beta testing saw new features introduced and tested.
Maybe that's how 4.0 will come to us at first? Probably a month long beta before release alongside Cradle of Humanity so i'd wager Early December they'll release the first part of 4.0 Beta and probably finish around late January?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

mr.WHO
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:35

spankahontis wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 22:19
i'd wager Early December they'll release the first part of 4.0 Beta and probably finish around late January?
December is an awful month for beta as everyone are focusing on holidays.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:42

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:35
spankahontis wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 22:19
i'd wager Early December they'll release the first part of 4.0 Beta and probably finish around late January?
so wait until holidays are over for beta? come on, holidays are great imo, people have more time
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

WhiteJP
x4

Post by WhiteJP » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 19:01

... When did the University of Nairobi build that awesome ship??? Kenya strikes again!

>> Kenya Space Class <<

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 19:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Not in 2020. People will be at home more than ever.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 11:54

That looks like a pirate-modifed... Perseus? The Paranid interceptor. I cannot for the life of me remember, because I don't really like Paranid ships.

And it's ok, take your time. Between Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and Cyberpunk 2077, I'll have plenty to play until then.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 13:09

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:42
mr.WHO wrote:
so wait until holidays are over for beta? come on, holidays are great imo, people have more time
Remember the purpose of beta: to collect feedback from testers. You, the betatester, might have plenty of time on holiday, but the dev can't process your observations when on holiday. Therefore, the communication between tester and dev has to wait until holidays are over.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Tue, 20. Oct 20, 20:14

Y'all got any more of them.....teasers?

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 15:07

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 14. Oct 20, 19:41
Not in 2020. People will be at home more than ever.
Oo very very Hungry :D
So in the remaining 2 months of 2020, will there be some middle beta before 4.0?

kroobzh
x4

Post by kroobzh » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 16:22

When will there be any new information? Maybe a video?

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 17:29

ships design , well not very appealing to me... was expecting something more impressive, (not the tokio like ships or the fighters i have seen) (loved ATF designs)

on other topic, what happened with the promised HQ relocation option that was offered many many months ago? was supposed to hit 3.0 (but it didint) we are 3.3 and still no option to relocate?

thank you, and keep the good work!
X gamer , one at a time.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 17:47

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 17:29
ships design , well not very appealing to me... was expecting something more impressive, (not the tokio like ships or the fighters i have seen) (loved ATF designs)
To each her/his own, I guess. I think asymmetric ships look "fresh", compared to other factions' lineups. Besides, we did not see that many ships yet (some TER L freighter and a clique of S ships of undefined origin).

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 17:29
on other topic, what happened with the promised HQ relocation option that was offered many many months ago? was supposed to hit 3.0 (but it didint) we are 3.3 and still no option to relocate?
AFAICR, it was moved to 4.0 at least.
After all, the 3.0 was not a proper third iteration. In fact, I consider 2.6HF1 to be the true 1.0 release because only in that version all initially planned features (like player-owned shipyards and auxiliary ships) were properly implemented.
Likewise, only now with 3.3 we are nearing the way the second iteration of the game was planned to be, thus, all 3.x updates were/are just a polish layers on an initial version.

That being said, I think ES has some plans for PHQ, because right now it is a rather useless station with a purposeless module taking up a lot of space and adding a 200 worker tax for whatever reason. Considering, the PHQ was formerly (at least partially ;) ) a TER station, we can hope for some plot revolving some "guests" inquiring as to what happened to their property. :D
Or even an alternate PHQ quest in case of a TER gamestart…

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 18:53

Alm888 wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 17:47
That being said, I think ES has some plans for PHQ, because right now it is a rather useless station with a purposeless module taking up a lot of space and adding a 200 worker tax for whatever reason. Considering, the PHQ was formerly (at least partially ;) ) a TER station, we can hope for some plot revolving some "guests" inquiring as to what happened to their property. :D
Or even an alternate PHQ quest in case of a TER gamestart…
Not useless at all IMHO. It is located in the centre of the map, you can go anywhere in the former Commonwealth with the 3rd Teleportation (not everybody buys the DLC's right?), offers lots of space to build for free (I wonder, if Terran Stations are the size of PHQ, and according to both lore and what I've seen in the video, what will be the plot rates in Terran space? And how would it ever be possible to put more than 2-3 Terran modules in any of them with the restriction of 20x20x20?) if you can find out how to use it and, in any case, it can be a great Trade Station once you have finished the Research due to it's position. Why should anybody want to move it? Beyond my comprehension...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 5. Nov 20, 13:59

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 18:53
Why should anybody want to move it? Beyond my comprehension...
Come on..... Im sure this is hyperbole and you can come up with reasons in a second. You know the reasons other people want to move it, if they dont apply to you thats fine, but you know them.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Thu, 5. Nov 20, 18:23

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 5. Nov 20, 13:59
dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 18:53
Why should anybody want to move it? Beyond my comprehension...
Come on..... Im sure this is hyperbole and you can come up with reasons in a second. You know the reasons other people want to move it, if they dont apply to you thats fine, but you know them.
I would like to move my headquarters with a research laboratory to the flagship Valhalla XXL :D

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 5. Nov 20, 21:58

I wish we could have more footage of Terran ship - it's already 2 months since trailers and only thing we got is Yaki(?) fighter which is kitbash of Pegasus with soem Xenon parts.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Fri, 6. Nov 20, 23:29

I glued together several trailers and images on the topic of the new DLC, if Egosoft doesn't mind, then here is the link: https://youtu.be/xya3B_Trm-o

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sun, 8. Nov 20, 12:16

Yeah the deafening silence is worse than any delay could ever be :[]

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 8. Nov 20, 12:20

Shehriazad wrote:
Sun, 8. Nov 20, 12:16
Yeah the deafening silence is worse than any delay could ever be :[]
Indeed - we need monthly updates from Gregory to overcome the delay :(

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 9. Nov 20, 02:16

Agreed. I think more updates would help keep people interested!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Return to “X4: Foundations”