X4: Cradle of Humanity - Unveiling the next chapter of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X4: Cradle of Humanity - Unveiling the next chapter of X4: Foundations

Post by Gregory » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 10:06

*Update 3*
Reveal Teaser for X4: Cradle of Humanity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nRg5mA5OWc
Extended Reveal Teaser with developer commentary - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__973uiwrkY
Livestream recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xZLbYFM44

--------------

Original post:

EGOSOFT unveils the next chapter in its long-standing space simulation franchise. X4: Cradle of Humanity is the second expansion for the latest game in the series, X4: Foundations, which was released for PC in November 2018.

The teaser trailer for X4: Cradle of Humanity will premiere today at 23:45 CEST / 10:45pm BST / 5:45pm EDT / 2:45pm PDT during the gamescom studio live show, produced by IGN, over at www.youtube.com/IGN.

Later this year, X4: Cradle of Humanity will bring the X series back to Earth, significantly increasing the size of the game's universe with new sectors, and welcoming two Terran factions to X4: Foundations, along with their economy, ships, weapons and stations. New game-starts will introduce the identity and political stance of the Terran factions, as well as giving an alternative perspective on existing story developments in X4: Foundations.

X4: Cradle of Humanity will also shed light on what has happened to Earth in the decades since the jump-gate shutdown. Furthermore, a certain pirate faction that is well known to fans of the series will be making a dramatic comeback!

X4: Cradle of Humanity will be accompanied by the biggest free update to X4: Foundations yet. Update 4.0 will be made available to all owners of the base game and is set to further enhance X4: Foundations in a number of ways, including major new gameplay features (e.g. a new terraforming feature) and wide-ranging visual improvements (e.g. volumetric fog). Details of these, and on other new elements of the 4.0 update, will be disclosed at a later stage.

Join us for a livestream on Friday, August 28th, 2020 at 7pm CEST / 6pm BST / 1pm EDT / 10am PDT at www.twitch.tv/egosoftofficial to find out more about our plans for the future of X4: Foundations and X4: Cradle of Humanity.

X4: Cradle of Humanity is now listed on Steam and can be added to players' wish-lists. Alternatively, by purchasing the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition bundle, space adventurers can secure access to the expansion when it is released as well as benefitting from a discount over buying it separately.

rene6740
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity - Unveiling the next chapter of X4: Foundations

Post by rene6740 » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 10:36

First (always wanted to write that lol)

I'm looking forward to the Trailer and the first gameplay footage about the new DLC. Hopefully the new terraforming endgame feature is good enough to keep things exciting even at later stages.

I do have to say though, i really hope that the quality of the DLC sotry is much better than Split Vendetta. When Split Vendetta released two out of three plots were not possible to complete because of absurd amount of resources required (looking at those 22m Missile Components). There is no way that any playtester, if playtested at all, would have not seen that. That brings up a strange feeling of timegating content because the rest after that point is not ready at release.

johnhirix
x4

Post by johnhirix » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 11:14

Hmm, still no boron? Is thos the last dlc for x4?

Blazitron
x4

Post by Blazitron » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 11:30

Looking forward to this next DLC and stream, as I've been eagerly waiting for the Terrans to make a comeback.

Also, really loving the design of that transporter concept. Hope the rest of the ships look as sleek as this one, as it's definitely a throwback to the X3:Terran Conflict amazing designs 8)

Now, what is this about terraforming? Interesting, I guess that means we could be able to fix the worlds on fire in the Xenon sectors in the next big update :D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 11:38

Please dont show "not finished artwork" etc this time. If your at a stage you can show it make sure the things is the best it can be not "beta" gfx as quite alot of us get a bit miffed. For the trailers for the next exp.

I do hope they can put in taa anti alising for both amd and nvidia cards in as its not as demanding as msaa or at least polish their msaa and fxaa as there far too heavy fps droppers compare to other games implementation which dont drop fps as much as x4 does with em on.
i5 3570k cpu 16gb DDR3 1600mhz vega 56 8gb 32" 1440p mon

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:12

The Torus has aged well :lol: , really looking forward to the new DLC
Taking a bath in Kingdom End

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:22

I'm liking the look of those stations. The white X3 Terran aesthetic is back.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:27

I hope 4.0 will bring fixes and additions to the subordinate ai and combat ai in general. otherwise i wont be bothered buying the dlc

Dinadin
x4

Post by Dinadin » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:35

Blazitron wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 11:30
Also, really loving the design of that transporter concept. Hope the rest of the ships look as sleek as this one, as it's definitely a throwback to the X3:Terran Conflict amazing designs 8)
Matthew94 wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:22
I'm liking the look of those stations. The white X3 Terran aesthetic is back.
I always liked that Space Odyssey 2001/interstellar aesthetics of white and sleek science-fiction ships and stations in X3, happy to see it coming back!

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:40

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 10:06
Later this year, X4: Cradle of Humanity will bring the X series back to Earth
This year? You mean 2020? That sounds amazing :D

TheMandalorian
x4

Post by TheMandalorian » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:46

Does anybody know which station is shown on the screenshots on steam?
It appears to be the player HQ but in another sector?
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com ... 1598515434

rene6740
x4

Post by rene6740 » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:51

TheMandalorian wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:46
Does anybody know which station is shown on the screenshots on steam?
It appears to be the player HQ but in another sector?
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com ... 1598515434
Maybe that’s still Grand Exchange but terraformed to show some new visuals. I wouldn’t bet on being able to move the HQ with 4.0

Athelus
x4

Post by Athelus » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 14:02

Fantastic timing, only started playing again last week and finally getting into the game again! It's improved so much since release that it's crazy.

For anyone with a long game going did you have trouble with your ongoing game when the split dlc came out?

Can't wait for the terran ship interiors!

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 14:05

Terraforming Gameplay....wat?

You guys are seriously toying with my emotions here. Dis gonna be good.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 14:06

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:27
I hope 4.0 will bring fixes and additions to the subordinate ai and combat ai in general. otherwise i wont be bothered buying the dlc
In one of their last stream (maybe the one where Bernd has spoiled the content of this DLC), the devteam told us that they where working on the subbordinate behaviors and path-finding.
They also told that they wanted to want for the new major update (the 4.0 then) to have the time to make the best on these features.

Otherwise, any idea on the new returning pirate faction?

Return to “X4: Foundations”