[Index] Unbalanced Script & Mod Library : Post any cheat requests here

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: global.txt

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 22:27

eriladin wrote:cant find anything about teleportation range
You are looking for a line something like this:

Code: Select all

SG_MAX_DISTANCE_BEAMING;10000;			// transporter device BW: Was 5,000
If there is no line for SG_MAX_DISTANCE_BEAMING then you can add it. If you add a line, then increment the "123" at the top of the file. That number is the number of non-comment lines.

The "//" is a comment mark. Anything after that is ignored by the game. It is a good place to keep notes for yourself.

eriladin
x4

Globals.txt

Post by eriladin » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 22:39

Thanx for quick answer! Will have a look asap!
Only hope placing "my" global.txt in appropriate folder wont overwrite some modded values in my perfectly running modded game, this transfert range increase would be helpfull for codea pilots to change ships, because as fleet grows, following ships get futher and further from main carrier, and they have to be following it and in range (5 whatevergameunits), which becomes a bit complicated with growing fleet (tho i can use personnel transporter)

Thanx anyway!
CTDs due to excessively modding games can fill one's days but prevent from actually playing said games.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Globals.txt

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 22:47

eriladin wrote: Only hope placing "my" global.txt in appropriate folder wont overwrite some modded values in my perfectly running modded game
If it causes problems, then you can delete (or rename) your modified globals.txt.

However, you got your globals.txt from VFS. VFS reads the currently-in-use-version of a file. That means that you edited the same file that is currently used in your "perfectly-working" game. The only changes to your game will be the lines that you change.

I have noticed that not all transporter scripts obey SG_MAX_DISTANCE_BEAMING. The vanilla scripts do. Hopefully it will work for you.

eriladin
x4

global.txt

Post by eriladin » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 21:08

Well... short test :

On standby aboard my personnal ship at 10,96 distance units from my main codea carrier..

I couldnt transfer a pilot to this carrier, beeing 0.961 units too far to beam anything in it or from it...( WORKS if beyond newly edited distance of 10 units.)

Then ordered a pilotless Nova to follow this at-10-units-codea-carrier, ordered the carrier to transfer a pilot to my Nova (via personnal management or whatever its called in codea menus)
And it worked ! when i checked, the Nova was still 3 units from me ( takes time to navigate in a codea menu!) so at more than 7 to the Carrier...

So i can say extending beam range works also for Lucike's CODEA, for managing pilots within codea menus, and also to transfer personnal with "personnal transporter"
And of course it also works fror freight, to transfer mechanicians, navigators or whoever needed
So, i'm happy.
Thanx for help!
CTDs due to excessively modding games can fill one's days but prevent from actually playing said games.

filippe999
x3ap

Post by filippe999 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 03:32

Mod or Script Suggestion: add a Missile in-flight ressuply system.
This variant of the trade extension uses a list of missile manufactories to automatically resupply you a single unit of the missile you just fired, using a small proportion jumpdrive and bank transfers to the buying station, this allows you to spend money rather than ammo when using missiles.
This MOD or script i'm suggesting will always have a single unit of the missile you are using, in freight bay, everytime you shot, the system will then teleport the missile from one of your factories or buy the missile from a factory in the universe to replace the one you just launched, in other words, you'll always have a single unit of the missile you just launched and by launching you pay the price of the missile, not the ammo.
This is good when you run out of missiles in a fight.

The resupply only activates when you have only 1 missile in stock, then every missile launched will decrease your credits.
After the battle(when there is no enemies in scan range of your current sector) the resupply system would mail you a report, containing the amount of missiles bought, the factory(ies) in which the missiles were bought, the total price of missiles bought and the avg price you paid for every missile.[/quote]

pelder
x2

Script request: Turret Command

Post by pelder » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 14:30

I would like to see a command that tells the turrets to just attack the target until the shields are down.

joshyp00

Post by joshyp00 » Tue, 8. May 12, 13:55

*facepalm* all you have to do to change the distance of beaming or extend comm range or any of the globals is to use cycrow plugin (it might only be in the advanced version idk) then go to advanced and then globals and then scroll down to you find beaming and there you can change the distane the default range was something like 5000 I'm fairly certain it is in meters
"Major Marks, Please Make That Ship Go Away."

devilsad
x3tc

Post by devilsad » Thu, 10. May 12, 16:31

Is it possible to create a script that scans all ships' cargo looking for a certain ware, similar to the abandoned ships/crates script? I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time searching for jump beacons or not ;)

I've seen a mod that allows you to scan for any TLs with station cargo, so I guess it's possible, but my script-fu is weak.

Edit: I found LV's scripts site and I managed to hack a script that searched for jump drives into one that searched for jump beacons. I discovered just 2 ships with beacons, one of which is a Zeus... :(

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Tue, 22. May 12, 08:40

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if there is a script that can show the location of all jump beacons in AP? if not can someone please make one.

Also there was a player made patch that allowed capital ships to dock at complexes in TC, is there an AP version of it?

OverlordDarkWolf
x3tc

Post by OverlordDarkWolf » Mon, 28. May 12, 11:00

Any chance for an equipment dock or factory that contains all functional weapons?
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one"

Parkan2005

Post by Parkan2005 » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 15:12

I want to ask 2 question:
1.Any chance to add option to player ship-not destroy player ship equipment
2.Can you remake the god mode option?i am still can die of one-two missiles or if just little touch another ship or station-and ship goes BOOM :shock: (maybe made cheat to add 99999999 points of armor\shield?and reloading them 1milisecond?)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 22:38

(maybe made cheat to add 99999999 points of armor\shield?and reloading them 1milisecond?)
That wouldn't work. You can only set the hull of a ship to its maximum value defined in the Tships. Same with the shield strength and the maximum amount of shields installed in your ship.
The easiest solution would be to get a better ship.

I'm not really sure, what you mean with your first point.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 22:54

Parkan2005 wrote:I want to ask 2 question:
1.Any chance to add option to player ship-not destroy player ship equipment
2.Can you remake the god mode option?i am still can die of one-two missiles or if just little touch another ship or station-and ship goes BOOM :shock: (maybe made cheat to add 99999999 points of armor\shield?and reloading them 1milisecond?)
neither are possible

Parkan2005

Post by Parkan2005 » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 23:19

Sorry for my bad english.i mean if using god mode from cheat package and if have a much powerful ship some enemy attacks can destroy my ship plus destroy some part of my equipment installed on the ship.Is any possible to disable destroying player equipment on the ship?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 19. Jun 12, 08:29

Parkan2005 wrote:Sorry for my bad english.i mean if using god mode from cheat package and if have a much powerful ship some enemy attacks can destroy my ship plus destroy some part of my equipment installed on the ship.Is any possible to disable destroying player equipment on the ship?
No that is hardcoded. Not possible with scripts.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Parkan2005

Post by Parkan2005 » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 10:44

Too bad.I hope this thing not too hardcoded =(

Okey i have few ideas and it is not cheat ideas:
Any chance to add quick save\quick load option without asking overwrite save game or not?Plus add save ability when player enter to new system or made some intervals(for example every 3-5 minutes making autosave).

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 18:45

Saving and loading savegames is also hardcoded.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DutchCourage86

Post by DutchCourage86 » Mon, 2. Jul 12, 13:09

Copying a wing or creating a wing based on closing another ship. I found that the default M3s don't have all the combat software.
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much.

zalewal

Post by zalewal » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 18:57

im very new to scripts i want to use this script but how do i install it and use it? im running a 64 bit windows 7 home laptop just incase u need to know any help would be nice.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 19:06

Giving that this is a index topic for several scripts, those that are linked in the first post, you will need to be clearer on what you mean with "this script".

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”