Israel War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: Israel War

Post by EGO_Aut » Mon, 4. Dec 23, 18:52

burger1 wrote:
Sun, 3. Dec 23, 22:26
More ships attacked with drones and missiles including a US destroyer. Some ships were hit with drones/missiles and might sink?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... from-yemen
Anti Israel news celebrate that the USS Carney is sunk or at least heavily damaged. :gruebel:
Pro Israel news didn´t say nothing :?:

Shame on Yemen and the never ending conflicts.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 4. Dec 23, 20:37

fiksal wrote:
Mon, 4. Dec 23, 00:55
clakclak wrote:
Sun, 3. Dec 23, 00:03

If you want to read the entire article for yourself, I am afraid you will have to find a way to access it.
Thanks, that helps!
Browser settings -> Javascript, turn off sites can use Javascript. Open new tab for https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/worl ... ticleShare - read without any issues.... obligatory -> "Profit" :)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 02:15

Chips wrote:
Mon, 4. Dec 23, 20:37
fiksal wrote:
clakclak wrote:

If you want to read the entire article for yourself, I am afraid you will have to find a way to access it.
Thanks, that helps!
Browser settings -> Javascript, turn off sites can use Javascript. Open new tab for https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/worl ... ticleShare - read without any issues.... obligatory -> "Profit" :)
Another way is to go to https://archive.vn/ and paste the url of interest into search field. My understanding is that this is legal because even paywall sites are considered in the public domain and it is legal to "archive" them. Anyway, it always (almost) works for me.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 04:40

Chips wrote:
Mon, 4. Dec 23, 20:37
huh, well that's just lazy web development
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 11:58

fiksal wrote:
so that's agreed act of war?
clakclak wrote:

Thanks, that helps!
I am not sure if that is a sarcastic thanks or not. :lol: I am assuming sarcasm.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 12:49

clakclak wrote:
Tue, 5. Dec 23, 11:58
fiksal wrote:
so that's agreed act of war?
clakclak wrote:

Thanks, that helps!
I am not sure if that is a sarcastic thanks or not. :lol: I am assuming sarcasm.
actually in this specific case this was not as this was a good summary)

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 19:44

Israel military says 2 civilians killed for every Hamas militant is a ‘tremendously positive’ ratio given combat challenges :rant: ........ :twisted:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/05/midd ... index.html

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 20:15

EGO_Aut wrote:
Tue, 5. Dec 23, 19:44
Israel military says 2 civilians killed for every Hamas militant is a ‘tremendously positive’ ratio given combat challenges :rant: ........ :twisted:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/05/midd ... index.html
Of course it's tremendously positive. It's not *their* civilians. If they had to sacrifice 15000 Israelis to kill 7500 Hamas militants, they may think it's not as positive.

Then again, some think there is no way they could not know about the impending attack on October 7th, given Hamas literally trained in plain view for everything for 2 years. So maybe they did view a certain number of Israeli citizen deaths as "tremendously positive".

It's all comfort for the bereaved families I'm sure.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 6. Dec 23, 18:25

The original sin was the creation of the State of Israel, without regard for the Palestinians who already lived there and who's homes and land was stolen in exchange for interminable prison camps. Short of dismantling the State of Israel there is no realistic outcome that will serve the cause of justice in terms of righting past wrongs. Hamas must be obliterated, but the problem is, to do that effectively, most Palestinians would also need to be eliminated. That strategy is just as bereft as the idea of elimination all Jews. Probably, a two-state solution is the only way to begin resolution.

I would suggest, that half of the GNP of Israel (200 billion) should go to building a Palestinian State that would provide a standard of living that would be acceptable to Jews themselves. No more Israelis living in the lap of luxury, while surrounded by prison camps populated by those who the Jews displaced when they stole the land and murdered the people.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 7. Dec 23, 02:28

who would be able to accomplish such a feat

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Thu, 7. Dec 23, 22:17

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 7. Dec 23, 02:28
Who gives money to Israel?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 8. Dec 23, 02:29

EGO_Aut wrote:
Thu, 7. Dec 23, 22:17
fiksal wrote:
Thu, 7. Dec 23, 02:28
Who gives money to Israel?
who? I am sure several countries do

if you mean US I don't think US alone can fix the region, or knows how.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Fri, 8. Dec 23, 15:19

Judging by the civilian death toll, I agree with the assessment that Israel's war crimes are making things worse in the long term. For example the U.S. and Russia have experience with conflicts that cannot be won militarily.

It doesn't help that this Netanyahu character is bringing religion into the mix:
“We will realise the prophecy of Isaiah 60:18 – ‘Violence shall no more be heard in your land’.”

The biblical verse refers to a holy city of Zion being created in Israel for an oppressed people.

“Light will defeat darkness,” he added.
Link
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Dec 23, 15:14

Aparently Turkey consider re-settlement of 250k Gaza Palestinians to Norther Cyprus and Turkey Kurdish regions...what can possibly go wrong here?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 9. Dec 23, 17:18

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 9. Dec 23, 15:14
Aparently Turkey consider re-settlement of 250k Gaza Palestinians to Norther Cyprus and Turkey Kurdish regions...what can possibly go wrong here?
It's just disgusting how Erdogan exploits human suffering for his agenda -.-

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 9. Dec 23, 18:32

45.000 tank grenades for 500.000.000 US $ :gruebel: ca. 11.000 US $ per Grenade?

US Biden wants to dirty bomb Gaza with Merkava tanks, or what will they do? Sounds like Uranium Ammo to me, but where are the enemy tanks. Israel neighborhood has a ridicolous army with donkeys and horses but no "tanks"....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Dec 23, 18:56

Be careful as different countries understand the term 'grenade' differently. To me those would likely be concealing smoke grenades for the turret side launchers and not main armament rounds. Hence more a defence against ambush by soldiers with anti-tank missiles/RPGs of various sorts. Yes, the price tag does seem high for tank smoke grenades, however fast-blooming, IR screening, or relatively persistent.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 02:17

notaterran wrote:
Fri, 8. Dec 23, 15:19
Judging by the civilian death toll, I agree with the assessment that Israel's war crimes are making things worse in the long term. For example the U.S. and Russia have experience with conflicts that cannot be won militarily.

It doesn't help that this Netanyahu character is bringing religion into the mix:
“We will realise the prophecy of Isaiah 60:18 – ‘Violence shall no more be heard in your land’.”

The biblical verse refers to a holy city of Zion being created in Israel for an oppressed people.

“Light will defeat darkness,” he added.
Link
what israel is doing now is creating hatred and disgust in each and every palestinian, hatred against israel and their very guts
"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind" ... (like that goes the saying, i think)

regarding usa and russia: they didnt have religious Xtremists in their rows, civilians posing as military men, terrorizing the people at the (current) "border"
those jewish Xtremists evict palestinians from their land (at the current west bank / or "border" if you want)
with israeli military backing them up IF something should go wrong (perhaps palestinians grabbing some arms and start defending themselves)
currently nobody is helping those helpless palestinians to defend themselves, quite on the contrary, the whole west is backing israel

the right way to solve this mess (i think) once and for all is, to flood palestine with arms and ammo, just give everybody (man, woman, child) a gun and let'em fight it out
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
... i think whats good for america cant be that bad for palestine ...

imagine some armed jewish Xtremist coming onto your property, saying: "hey, you have to leave this place, this is now military security zone"
when resonding "why is this now security zone and why do i have to leave MY property?" and getting the answer "this are orders" ... what you gonna do?
--> in case you are well armed, you have the option to do something against this outlandish claim by those intruders ...

/// thats not a wild dream i've had yesterday ... its documented fact what is happening these days in the west bank
(i think it was ARTE where i saw the documentary ... on youtube)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 08:51

@JSDD
This would speed up the genozid even more "legal".
Palestinians can not win, they are doomed.

Only international sanctions, with or without US, could help them! Remember S-Africa, they still would be ruled by white men...and treat the black like slaves.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 14:30

a gun and let'em fight it out
I don't see how the outcome will be better

if the goal is peace then the steps should be towards creating independent states, and making terrorists, extremists, war criminals accountable.

there's no such peace with Hamas for example

Return to “Off Topic English”