X4: Foundations 7.00 Public Beta now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X4: Foundations 7.00 Public Beta now available

Post by Gregory » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 17:04

Egosoft is thrilled to announce the launch of the 7.00 Public Beta for X4: Foundations, marking a significant milestone in the evolution of the X Universe. Accompanying today's announcement is a comprehensive trailer, showcasing some of the new features and enhancements, and the futuristic universe that awaits both veterans and newcomers alike. Please join the 7.00 Public Beta and accompany us on our way to its full release later this year.

How Do I Take Part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 7.00 Public Beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum, where they will find the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum - no registration required - to find the relevant information.
With the latest update to X4: Foundations, players are invited to experience the most comprehensive evolution of the game yet, with enhancements spanning content, gameplay mechanics, usability, accessibility, and technical performance. This new chapter introduces a series of transformative updates and features designed to deepen the immersive experience of exploring the vast reaches of space, engaging in dynamic encounters, and navigating the intricate economies and political landscapes of the X4 universe.

A Wide Range of New Content
The universe of X4: Foundations grows more intricate and vibrant with the introduction of reimagined Teladi and Argon Capital Ships. These iconic vessels have been meticulously overhauled, featuring designs that add a new layer of depth and intrigue to space encounters. As commanders take the helm of these majestic ships, they'll find each battle and exploration endeavour imbued with a renewed sense of awe and strategy.

The expansion of the universe also introduces players to new sectors and landmarks, beckoning them to venture into previously uncharted regions. These fresh discoveries promise to expand horizons and opportunities, offering new adventures and mysteries waiting to be unraveled. Complementing this expansion is the introduction of race-specific managers' offices, providing a unique cultural insight into the various factions populating the universe, and allowing players to further personalise their spacefaring experience. See the cosmos like never before with the new Observation Deck module, offering breathtaking views of the universe from the comfort of your space station.

New and Redesigned Xenon Ships
The 7.00 update will introduce several new ships to the universe, and we want to highlight a very special addition. We're thrilled to reveal the awe-inspiring, redesigned Xenon models PE and SE, which will gradually replace their previous models (P and S) in the open universe, just as the redesigned capital ships did back in 5.00.

Equally exciting is the debut of several Terraformer ships. These ships delve into the legacy of X: Beyond the Frontier (1999) to celebrate this year's 25th anniversary of the X series. These new models, reminiscent of their predecessors, can be encountered in the open universe. Get ready to explore these unique designs!

Flyable Xenon Ships for the First Time in X4
Hold on to your pilot seats, because there's more! With the 7.00 update, we are enabling you to actually fly selected Xenon ships. Both the redesigned Xenon models (PE, SE) and the new Terraformer models introduced in 7.00 can be boarded and flown, just like any other ship in your X4 fleet. Get on board to discover how they've been adapted for you to take control, offering a whole new perspective on the X universe.

Gameplay Innovations
In addition to all this new content, the 7.00 update also includes significant gameplay enhancements, such as the introduction of the "Existential Crisis" endgame challenge for veterans. This daunting confrontation pits players against a faction that spares no effort in its aggression, offering a thrilling new dimension of strategy and resilience. For those who prefer a more serene journey through the stars, this challenge can be opted out of, ensuring a tailored experience for every commander.

A fundamentally improved and more intuitive external camera system also debuts, enhancing the way players view, and more importantly, interact with the universe, almost making it feel like a new game. Alongside this, AI improvements across the board make for a more dynamic and realistic universe. Ships now utilise Travel Mode more effectively, enter and exit it with greater consistency, and exhibit improved navigation through jump gates and in combat situations. These enhancements are complemented by reworked and expanded tutorials, ensuring both new and veteran players can fully engage with, and understand, the depth of the game's mechanics.

Usability and Accessibility Focus
With an emphasis on making the game more accessible and enjoyable for all, this update introduces enhanced button remapping and ready-made control profiles to match your steering needs in space. It also provides an FOV slider and new options for colour-blind players with customisable UI colours. Additionally, the update brings audio and text feedback for various actions to further assist players in understanding the game dynamics and making informed decisions. Furthermore, a reduced speed mode has been introduced for those who find the pace of the action a bit too hectic, allowing for a more controlled and leisurely gameplay experience. These features are designed to offer players the flexibility to tailor their gameplay experience to their preferences and needs.

The introduction of Visual Enhancement Goggles that let you zoom in on the action, along with a customisable radial menu for quick access to in-game actions, and reworked shaders in scan mode, further enriches player interaction and immersion. These improvements ensure players have the tools they need to navigate the complexities of space warfare and exploration with confidence.

Technical Advancements
At the core of the update are the significant technical enhancements made to the XTECH 5 Engine, delivering smoother and more stable gameplay. Players will notice the difference these improvements make, among them the temporal anti-aliasing that brings crisp visuals and the enhanced shadows that add depth and realism to the universe.

This monumental 7.00 update to X4: Foundations underscores our unwavering dedication to the evolution of X4, aiming to deliver an experience that is richer, more immersive, and more accessible than ever before. The excitement within our team is palpable as we prepare to share the extensive enhancements of 7.00 with you through our Public Beta.

In keeping with the tradition established by previous significant updates, our work doesn't stop here. The feedback phase is crucial, and we are eager to refine the update further, drawing on both our own creative insights and, importantly, the invaluable feedback you provide during the Public Beta. We encourage you to share your experiences and observations in our Public Beta Feedback Forum, helping us to fine-tune and perfect the gameplay experience.

As you delve into the vast changes introduced in 7.00, our team is already looking ahead, diligently working on the next addition to the X4 saga, X4: Timelines. Rest assured that more information on this brand new, very different expansion will be shared as soon as possible. In the meantime, we can confirm that we are on track for the release of both X4: Timelines and the 7.00 update to X4: Foundations later this year, continuing to expand and enrich the universe we've all come to love.

Stay tuned, commanders. The journey through space continues, and the best is yet to come.

>> 7.00 Public Beta 1 Changelog
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Skeeter
x3

Re: X4: Foundations 7.00 Public Beta Launches Today!

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 17:19

This all sounds fab, i cant wait till the dl is done i think its 1.4gb incase ppl wondering. Does that mean motion vectors are in cos taa uses em now so fsr3 might be doable in the future with framegen stuff for those that need it, cool if so but taa if im right will fix my main gripe with the shimmering on edges of things since aa never fixed em but this should so im really lookin forward to trying it out. Also cant wait to try the new dlc when its out, as a nostaliga nut i love older stuff so being able to experiance stuff from older games is gona be a must for me. Tho only thing i would ever probs crave is x2 ui back and more betty voice overs explaining more stuff like old games used to so less txt to read.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 17:43

An Observation deck module? Could it be for real? Got our prayers heard? :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 17:48

This all looks and sounds great; the external camera could be very useful for piloting capital ships in battles (I always used it in X3). Hopefully capping the Xenon ships is an interesting challenge. :wink:

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 18:03

Woa! Nice one! Congrats team =)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 18:15

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 4. Apr 24, 17:43
An Observation deck module? Could it be for real? Got our prayers heard? :D
Yep :)
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 18:22

Hey Egosoft I have ony one thing to say:

7.0 update is 100% fanservice and I love it :D

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 18:50

As usual the trailer is creating the feeling "I want moar" :D
Eager to test all the new feature, even if I will probable wait for the end of beta.
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 19:27

Please dont mess up the AI improvements :tuichdoch:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 20:29

Fantastic update! Soooo many good changes. I'm very impressed.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 20:32

Oh crap!, I just started downloading something else and its taking waaaay to long .. I want X4 v7 now! :D
Here's hoping the performance and tech updates are good.
Also looking forward to grabbing a PE.
See you all in the beta forum.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 20:45

Xenon ship at 0.22, 0.58 & 1.01 til 1.05 is the spitting image of the Khaak capital ship that appeared in one of the best mods of x3. X-Tended

G.Org
x4

Post by G.Org » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 20:59

The KHAAK are back!!!
TY so much for your endless support on the game :D
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
- G. K. Chesterton -

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 20:59

To bad, I need to prepare something for work tomorrow. :(
I mean bad for work ... the presentation is gonna suck :P
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 21:18

Only weird thing from a quick 10 min go was it was a little confusing where new game was and then i think the mouse felt a bit heavy when in fps on the station walking about compared to before for some reason.

Had to turn the ui glow off it was wayyyy to harsh and very distracting, i would have liked to tone it down as a slider and adjust real time how bright id want it but all i could see is ui glow controls which i dont think did much except on or off even tho diff settings in that so for now i just turned em off as dont wana burn my eyes out lol.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Harpya
x4

Post by Harpya » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 22:15

Thank you for having NPC pilots bail out!!

Losing a good pilot was my only reason for occasional reloads.

Can't wait to see it in action.

LordIII3

Post by LordIII3 » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 22:29

This trailer is absolutely amazing :D It is like a hundered whishes come true and I really can't await to try it out :D :D

I am very very happy to see the Khaak back in full strength :) . And their new ship models looks incredibly amazing, their carrier? is my absolute favorite design of the shown ships so far :D. Will their ships be boardable as well?

Also I have a question regarding the reimagined ships: Do the carriers have external docking spots like the boron carriers have? (As this feature really helps to prevent launch/landing blocking)

MKL81
x4

Post by MKL81 » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 22:46

I went through the list of changes thoroughly and I must say this looks very good. Many desired changes, fixes and additions that I really like! :) I don't want to hold my breath, but really looking forward to the AI improvements. Also:
  • Fixed stations that are starved of resources sometimes not paying high enough price.
Haha, maybe this one is related to the topic I've made couple of days ago :)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 22:47

The new explosions & damage indicators are awesome - just saw the multi-layered explosion of a SCA L freighter. :thumb_up:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Loecus
x4

Post by Loecus » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 23:29

It looks awesome, cant wait to test it and see that new graphic and explosion.Last time i was thinking why when it comes to imerssion that i prefer much more for example x rebirth than x4. I thought that's maybe those ships were bigger, it was much more foggy and explosion system looked much better. So new explosion system is exciting :D. Also maybe next expansion should connect somehow with rebirth?:D

Return to “X4: Foundations”