[Request] Permanently Destroy All Asteroids in Sector

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ptb_ptb

[Request] Permanently Destroy All Asteroids in Sector

Post by ptb_ptb » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 11:00

It's my understanding that asteroids re-spawn unless you build a mine on them first. If you want to get rid of two or three that's no big deal. If you want to get rid of 20 or 30 it's a pain in the butt. :lol:

I figure that it ought to be possible to make a script to build a mine on all asteroids in the sector, and then destroy all mines in a sector whose name starts with 'Your' (or whatever).

The main reason I _want_ to be able to clear sectors of mines is that I'm thinking of using the X3 -> X3 save converter* to restart my game and one of the problems with that is that when in creates all your mines it leaves the original asteroids behind in the sector - so everything will suddenly get rather crowded and messy.

* Hopefully it works with AP -> AP.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 11:48

The permanent removing of asteroids is hardcoded, so you will have to stick with the long way. I think that when you kill them with scripts they will respawn they will respawn, but i am not sure.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 14:28

Its probably easier to fix the save script.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 19:18

there would be nothing to fix. Scripts cant build mines on asteroids.

the only way would be to do it manually

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 20:19

Cycrow wrote:Scripts cant build mines on asteroids.
Ack. :-( I suppose the best solution would be to stuff all the asteroids off to one side.

Talking about which, is it possible to determine the 'gate distance' using scripts?

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 22:01

Its very possible but I don't think once an riod has been discovered that there is a way to undiscover it. I spent a few hours one Sunday trying to do exactly that. I made a script to combine riods, and then move the old ones way out side the normal bounds of the sector, but I could never find a way to undiscover them. So even after they where "destroyed" they would still show up in the sector map.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 22:06

RoverTX wrote:So even after they where "destroyed" they would still show up in the sector map.
Ah, good point. Still it's better than nothing.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 22:36

u should be able to set thier known status to false.

the undiscover map option in the cheat scripts can hide everything from the map

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 22:40

What I was doing was moving them all to one spot really far out and turning off collision. I remember trying to set status to unknown and either nothing would happen or the riod stats would no longer show up, but I just remember being really frustrated that I couldn't set them in particular to not know. Will open up that part of the cheat script to see if I can use how you do it.'

Edit: Figured out what was doing wrong. I was testing it using two riods right next to one another, and I was always in between them. They where both in radar range also.

I was moving them then making them unknown, I bet the game didn't update fast enough so after I moved them and made them unknown the game would still think they were within radar range.... So I need to add some type of wait 200ms or something. Only thing I can think of.

leko

Post by leko » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 12:43

RoverTX wrote:...all to one spot really far out and turning off collision. I remember trying to set status to unknown and either nothing would happen ...I was moving them then making them unknown....
Hi, Rover,

Had the same problem, wanting to make room to build and fly without obstacles. :evil:
SOLUTION :1. RemoveRocks + 2. AstroidFusion + 3. STO
1. does what it says
2. example Weavers Tempest : "fused" astros leaving only 3 ore and 2 silicon (minable) (max 300 each!)
3. lets you take over a sector and decide what comes back or not

Running a week in Weavers Tempest, no rocks, no astros (only mine), no YAKI , my sector is clean as a whistle ! :rofl:

Hopefully this helps you also, leko

ps : I suppose they re-spawn but are eliminated immediately, good solution.
To be god you have to be two, one that is god, the other saying "My God!"

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 14:08

Ah, I didn't know that STO 1.57 could do that. Thanks for the info.

leko

Post by leko » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 22:11

ptb_ptb wrote:Ah, I didn't know that STO 1.57 could do that. Thanks for the info.
Hi,
This is about 3 different "adaptions", 1 (RemoveRocks-1.03) , 2 (Asteroid_Fusion_v4_Spk), 3 (STO) , not only STO
Good luck, leko
To be god you have to be two, one that is god, the other saying "My God!"

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”