EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey
View previous topic :: View next topic
Graxster

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 27. Oct 08, 21:08    Post subject: [SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey Reply with quote Print

Tired of spending 90% of your playing time flying to somewhere or from somewhere? Tired of trying to catch enemy ships that are faster than you? Then this mod is for you! Simply extract into your scripts directory, assign a Hotkey (I use Shift + W, bc it's easy to remember W = Warp), and you'll be hopping around sectors like a rabbit!

Wrote this script for myself as a way to save time moving around, and now find myself addicted to using it, lol.

What it does:

If your target is a Gate, it places you 2k in front of the gate. If your target is a station, it docks your ship at that station. If your target is a ship, it puts you about 1.5k away from the ship. Enjoy!

-Grax

SGT.J

PostPosted: Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

How do you assign the hotkey????..Thanks

ezra-r

PostPosted: Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Great idea! Wink

amirite

PostPosted: Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hah awesome. This is simple and smart because it's awesome for capitals but smaller ships will still have a hard time holding enough energy cells to do this too much.

Graxster

PostPosted: Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

SGT.J wrote:
How do you assign the hotkey????..Thanks

In Controls > Interface, at the bottom. Follow the instructions in the sticky at the top of this forum for activating the script editor. There should be instructions in the readme.txt in the download also (if I put one in there, lol).

-Grax

XDrake

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Nov 08, 01:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Graxster

What at about Jump to... Attack?

TSM
Not a Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Nov 08, 03:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Grax Wink I don't need to install this as your free jump script already does it I use the paid version! Smile

Graxster

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Nov 08, 06:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This script was written pre-FJ. However, this one performs a different function. it's more of a cheat I suppose, but I consider it a time saver instead. I was playing at the start of a game and was bored with all the flying, flying, flying to explore and get places.

So... with this script you can target a ship at the edge of your Triplex Scanner range, press the hotkey, and you're instantly right on top of him. Target any station in the sector, press the hotkey, and you're instantly docked. Target a far away warp gate, press the hotkey, and you're instantly right in front of it. No opening the command console.

-Grax

P.S. I also have another hotkey script that I haven't bothered to post. Let's say your ship can go about 125m/s top speed. Press the hotkey and you're instantly going 750m/s. Press it again and you're going 1250 m/s, etc... You can get up to about 3000m/s before it tops out. Cool Wears off fast, but takes a while to slow down unless I use my other hotkey that instantly stops my ship, *chuckle*. Yep, I cheat a lot, rofl. Even changed my Comm range to 75k. Thinking about changing my Triplex Scanner range similarly.

eskeemer

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Where do you instal this script please

eskeemer

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

TSM wrote:
Grax Wink I don't need to install this as your free jump script already does it I use the paid version! Smile

Where can I get this free jump script please and how do I install It

TSM
Not a Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Nov 08, 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's in the sticky at the top of this very forum, and learn patience and wait for answers, people are not on here 24/7 people sleep and stuff Wink

eskeemer

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Nov 08, 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

TSM wrote:
It's in the sticky at the top of this very forum, and learn patience and wait for answers, people are not on here 24/7 people sleep and stuff Wink

Iwasn`t intending to be impatient I just thought of the second question soon after posting the first.
However I don`t know which sticky you refer to I`ve looked at them all so maybe you wwould be kind enough to poime in the right direction because what I would like to do is install this script into the plug in manager either this script or "free jump" if you tell me where free jump is please

Graxster

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Nov 08, 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Apparently the Cheats sticky isn't being updatd. I have maybe three scripts I posted in there that haven't been added to the list. You can find Free Jump there.

-Grax

eskeemer

PostPosted: Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:22    Post subject: Re: [SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey Reply with quote Print

Graxster wrote:
Tired of spending 90% of your playing time flying to somewhere or from somewhere? Tired of trying to catch enemy ships that are faster than you? Then this mod is for you! Simply extract into your scripts directory, assign a Hotkey (I use Shift + W, bc it's easy to remember W = Warp), and you'll be hopping around sectors like a rabbit!

Wrote this script for myself as a way to save time moving around, and now find myself addicted to using it, lol.

What it does:

If your target is a Gate, it places you 2k in front of the gate. If your target is a station, it docks your ship at that station. If your target is a ship, it puts you about 1.5k away from the ship. Enjoy!

-Grax

just out of interest and for reference can you help me with this Question.
prior to having to reinstall X3TC I downloaded" warp to target" installed It I think through plugin manager and somehow or other I ended up with free jump available in the command console which was fine N ow having reinstalled X3TC I found free jump down loaded and installed it using plugin manager and initially it became available in the game interface but not in the command console however when I loaded the previous game "free jump " was there in the game console. So the Question is If I have to reinstall again how can I get "free jump into the game console?

eskeemer

PostPosted: Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:27    Post subject: Re: [SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey Reply with quote Print

eskeemer wrote:
Graxster wrote:

What it does:

-Grax

just out of interest and for reference can you help me with this Question.
prior to having to reinstall X3TC I downloaded" warp to target" installed It I think through plugin manager and somehow or other I ended up with free jump available in the command console which was fine N ow having reinstalled X3TC I found free jump down loaded and installed it using plugin manager and initially it became available in the game interface but not in the command console however when I loaded the previous game "free jump " was there in the game console. So the Question is If I have to reinstall again how can I get "free jump into the game console?

sorry for the bother I`ve sorted it out now