NEWS: X³:TC "Build" Video - (Plus all available release info)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vassenego
x2

NEWS: X³:TC "Build" Video - (Plus all available release info)

Post by Vassenego » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 19:30

With the scheduled release date of X3: Terran Conflict getting closer, Egosoft and the European publisher Deep Silver have today released a promotional video covering one of the four facets of the game - BUILD.

The video shows some new stations and ships as well as a brief look at the new, improved interface and menu system. In the voice-over it also mentions more about some of the other upcoming content such as new ship classes.

You can currently view and download the video at the Deep Silver website, but of course Egosoft is already preparing downloads from their own servers as well, from where you will be able to choose your preferred video format and size.

As soon as they are up, we will update this news.

Enjoy the show!

UPDATE 08/01/2008: As promised the video is now available for download from the Egosoft servers. There are low and high quality versions available, both encoded using "xvid(AVI)"-format.

Previous X3: Terran Conflict news threads:

- X³: Terran Conflict announced
- Screenshots from X³: Terran Conflict

Update (8th August) - German website PC Games now has a new video available (but only in German). Thanks to Unknown for pointing it out!

Update (13th August) - Forum Thread XNews: Preview about X3: Terran Conflict
Last edited by Vassenego on Fri, 1. Aug 08, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 22:43

COOOOOL...i'm out of words

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 22:47

I TRULY LOVE YOU EGOSOFT!!!!!! (don't think of bad things!)
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 22:51

Vitez wrote:I TRULY LOVE YOU EGOSOFT!!!!!! (don't think of bad things!)
like what? :roll:

Captain Akula
xr

Post by Captain Akula » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 22:57

fabulous work, Egosoft :) congrats to the team for a job well done... :)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die." -Blade Runner (1982)

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 22:58

unknown1 wrote:
Vitez wrote:I TRULY LOVE YOU EGOSOFT!!!!!! (don't think of bad things!)
like what? :roll:
Dating Paris Hilton XD now that would be a baaaaad thing. So don't think of it. I didn't think of anything like this before you asked. Now I'll get nightmares :lol:
On topic: awsome vid, but now I fear even more that my PC wont handle it.
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Captain Akula
xr

Post by Captain Akula » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:01

On topic: awsome vid, but now I fear even more that my PC wont handle it.
yeah, seeing this, I think it's time to save some bucks for a nice alienware rig :)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die." -Blade Runner (1982)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:27

Widescreen trailer implies widescreen game. Should fit my 23" Cinema Display just perfect. Cool! :D

Also seems as though the pirates have gotten their hands on at least one Argon Centaur, from the looks of it. Lots of other new, drool ships, too. :D

However, one little quibble. I saw a lot ships flying around shooting other ships and stations. But I didn't see any building going on. No sector maps, no station interfaces. A very brief glimpse of a ship's command console. I thought this was the 'Build' trailer. :?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:34

At 2:13, did anyone else notice the complex that looks kinda like from X2: The Return?
Just to compare
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:38

Nanook wrote:I thought this was the 'Build' trailer. :?
So did I.

But we saw the familiar complex connection tubes at one point. And the voice spoke about "self-sustaining" complexes. A web of inferior profitsss still with uss? :teladi:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:46

Hmm, I wonder if they've left the complex/CCK system as-is, or added some functionality to make neat complexes easier for new players (or non-fanatics, anyway :p).

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:49

- wow..!! :o

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:54

I hope they put in a sector like Akeelas Beacon in X2. I really miss it :cry:
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 23:56

That "wings" menu gives me a LOT of hope. :D :D I was just about to throw something very similar to the devnet. Hooray for Egosoft!

Otherwise... lots of new and sexy looking ships as usual. Lots of very different looking stations, too. I wonder what they're all about.

I'm gonna have to take a closer look at this one later (when I'm not actually supposed to be busy unpacking boxes... :roll:)
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Mugenjin
x3tc

Post by Mugenjin » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 00:14

wide array of capital ships classes + flight wing management = pure awsomeness :o
<(^_^)< v(^_^)v >(^_^)>

RustyBayonet
x3tc

Post by RustyBayonet » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 00:21

Is it me or is the voice over for that trailer synthesised speech? - heh that would be cool if thats the new Betty.

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 00:39

RustyBayonet wrote:Is it me or is the voice over for that trailer synthesised speech? - heh that would be cool if thats the new Betty.
Nah. The hint of a German accent and the stresses on some words make it unlikely that it's synthesized, in my opinion. Unless you mean it's a real voice pretending to be synthesized, in which case it's possible.

But I'll miss Betty if it's true...

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 00:46

Holy smokes! We're at least getting double the external docking clamps on Complex Hubs.

And a Centaur wearing pirate colors is going to be amuseing to deal with......
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

mike_doyle
x3tc

Launch missiles while under fire?

Post by mike_doyle » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 00:58

At around about 1:26 - 1:28 into the trailer a ship appears to launch missiles while taking fire. If this works for the player ship it will be wonderful. (I love X3 at the moment, but the way missiles can be shot down at launch is not my favourite feature.)

mrsack
x3tc

Post by mrsack » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 01:57

Looks good! I'm looking forward to some videos and/or a preview showing off the new UI. Any chance that is in the not so distant future? :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”