[Script question]How to change race notoriety?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zaitsev
x4

[Script question]How to change race notoriety?

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 21. May 16, 00:35

Hi.

So, I'm toying with the idea of having my character stranded in an entirely hostile universe, where everyone is my enemy and I have to rely on whatever I have available to get by. I have most of it set up via scripts and mods that are already available, but I need something that will change my starting race to hostile as well. That is, if I start as Terran, I want to change my notoriety to, for example, -333 for Terran (and ATF) after I've set everything up. How do I do this?

Also, since my scripting experience is limited to bumbling my way through a script of about three lines five years ago, please explain like I'm five. :p I can open the script editor and set it up to make a new script, but that's about it.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 21. May 16, 01:36

1/ When you create a script prefixed by "setup.", this script will automatically be triggered every time you load or start a game. For instance: "setup.Mayhem".

2/

Code: Select all

set notoriety between [Player] and [Terran] to -333 points
set notoriety between [Terran] and [Player] to -333 points
That's the command you need. It's a good habit to make it both ways, even though it's useless for the player.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 21. May 16, 03:35

I'm not as knowledgeable as these guys but I remember that the friend/foe status of an NPC ship doesn't just change suddenly because your notoriety has changed but it gets applied when it spawns so some people ran scripts that killed the whole universe so it ships respawns with the right friend/foe status. Also happens for stations I think. But I could be wrong.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 21. May 16, 03:54

In LU as of 1.6.2, reaching a new notoriety level with a race changes all a races object FF settings to match the notoriety.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 21. May 16, 04:41

Joubarbe wrote:1/ When you create a script prefixed by "setup.", this script will automatically be triggered every time you load or start a game. For instance: "setup.Mayhem".

2/

set notoriety between [Player] and [Terran] to -333 points
set notoriety between [Terran] and [Player] to -333 points
That's the command you need. It's a good habit to make it both ways, even though it's useless for the player.
Just tested this and it worked like a charm, although I was a bit confused for a sec since Betty didn't tell me I had lost recognition. :p

Anyway, since it means I can now bust my character down from the second highest rank to something that's more fitting for someone who's just been accused of stealing a Kyoto, I'm a very happy camper. Thanks a lot, guys. :thumb_up:
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 21. May 16, 09:45

It gets a little bit more complicated then:

SetBountyRep: