So let's start, I'll do my best to translate the german description to english.
Please forgive me, if I make some mistakes in writing
My goal was to port some of ships from EVE Online to X3TC. I also expected to create/change weapons, because of lack of time i've frozen this goal.
All ships are given to the terrans (USC). There is also (at the moment) one new station, more are planned.
Four new sectors are included but not occupied.
Let's do first a FAQ:
- Q What does this Mod offer?
- A First and foremost, this mod will include the most beautiful ships (subjective opinion) from EVE Online to X3.
Additional steps are: Weapons, (Races), Stations, Tradegoods etc.
What and how much is at the moment not clear.
- Q Are you doing this mod alone or are you in a team?
- A Currently I'm alone, but I'm very glad that I can ask for help in this super community.
- Q I would like to have ship A and ship C, can you send me those one by one?
- A Can YES, but I'll don't do it, sorry.
- Q Did you make those models by yourself?
- A No. Those models are all from EVE Online.
Same with the textures, but I have to modify them so the X-Engine can use it.
- Q You've taken those models from another game, isn't it not theft of intellectual property?
- A No. I've got an official premission to use their models, textures etc for noncommerdial use under their own copyright.
- Q What about the size ratio? Will it be 1:1 as in EVE?
- A No sorry, I adjusted the size to X3-Standard, ie, some ships are proportionally smaller, others larger than depicted in EVE.
- Q Why have you adjusted the proportions to X and not taken from EVE?
- A I have consciously adapted the vessels to X, so that you could build these ships easily with other mods.
- Q Will you adapt this mod for X3R or it will run there as well?
- A No, I won't make this mod "intentionally" capable to X3R. It could be that the mod works there. But I do not know, and also can't test it by myself.
- Q What about the compatibility with other mods?
- A The mod is not finished yet, so I can not say how far the mod will be compatible with other.
One thing is certain: it will NOT be compatible with other mods that include a separate TShips.
- Q CCP ... EVE Online ... Do you have a link to them?
- A Sure here you are At the bottom are the therms and conditions and other stuff
- Q Albion Prelude is indeed appeared. Does the mod also run at Albion Prelude?
- A Since Albion Prelude has its own TShips, this mod will not be compatible with Albion Prelude.
Maybe I can look for some effects, but Albion Prelude is currently not an issue.
>All other X-Original content is protected by the copyright from EGOSOFT
>A reuse of this mod or parts of this mod in an other community mod needs premissions from CCP an me. (Added for clarity 3. April 2013)
I recieved a response from CCP, when I asked to represent their shipmodels in my mod.
In short: YES, I can use their models. While guaranteeing that the copyright still remains at CCP and I won't use this mod for commercial purpose
It's highly recommended to delete old EVE-X files and take the new ones.
- Download all 3 files.
- copy those files to your maindirectory (Fake-Patch), I've numbered them before, they do start at 15 (14 can be an empty filepair).
- Put the file in the "scripts folder" in the "scripts" folder in the root directory.
- And Play
- Problem: We have "ReadText"-Issues.
Reason: The textfile was not loaded. Maybe you've forgotten to install the script or you've overwritten the languagefile by an manualy installed other file or a mod containing a languagefile with this name.
Solution: Make sure the scriptfile (included in the "EVE-X_Datas.zip") is in your scripts-folder.
Make sure that ther is no other mod containing a language file "7200".
For the gamestarts you need the the last page in the delivered "0001" file (page 401900). If you've already an edited 0001 file, you may copy the whole page 401900 from my file to your file.
- Problem: We have "no Hangar Array"-Issues.
Reason: The delivered X3_universe-xml was not loaded.
Solution: Make sure there is no other mod containing an own universe-file nor you've installed an own modified universe-file.
- Problem: We have "no ships"-Issues (not to buy, not to spawn by cheats).
Reason: There is another TShips existing which overwrites the TShips from the mod.
Solution: Make sure that the TShips with the highest priority ist the by the mod delivered TShips.
Notice: MARS contains a TShips for the Goblins so they can repair. To make this mod highly compatible with MARS, I've moded the combatdrones MARS-like so they can use repairlasers.
- Problem: You've tryed to install this mod in Albion Prelude.
Reason: Not readed the FAQ.
Solution: Try to install this mod in X3TC but not in AP.
There is no download anymore, sorry.
>>Where to buy those ships:
To make it more easily for you to buy those ships, you have to fly to the fourth unknown terran sector. There will be a new station called "Hangar Array" where you can buy the most of the Empire-Ships.
The station looks like this:
For a Bug-Report, please copy the draft in the "code"-Tags bellow and post it in this thread.
Please fill elements written in uppercase inside square brackets with your information.
Code: Select all
[b][color=#ffbb11]>>Bug-Report:[/color][/b] [b]Object:[/b] [OBJECTNAME] [b]Version:[/b] [VERSION] [b]Bugdetails:[/b] [ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF ERROR]
- types\Globals (What you can see, you also can scan it)
This mod contains objects from:
- Race-Turrets from Mace24de
Please forgive me for this sacrilege.
I will keep this post up to date and constantly updating, it takes the current date in the title.