[Script] Custom Weapon Priorities V1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

[Script] Custom Weapon Priorities V1.2

Post by Litcube » Sun, 1. May 11, 04:04

Litcube's Custom Weapon Priorities (CWP)

CWP was created to introduce more varied weapon outfits on job generated ships. I later expanded it to be included in generic mission generated ships by changing the OBS to run CWP. This is compatible with vkerinav's jobs. In fact, without a modified jobs file that includes the !job.blank in the config script field, CWP won't reach its full potential. His (her?) jobs can be found here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=294532

Huh?

The only reason I'm releasing this, is because it's been specifically requested via PM a few times. Roger's EES is a more evolved version of this original package. Roger's version can be found here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=298400. The CWP does not include racially specific weapon or missile priorities, it's one list of weapon priorities for all races, and missiles are pulled from the whole array of the ships individual compatible missile array. Races each get their own set of chances for higher probability of better weapons, shields, missile, however (for example, pirates have a higher probability of having more missiles, but less shielding). I've always felt the TShips should handle racial weapon availability, not a script. I'd recommend altering the order of the 8387 file to suit your preferences. This is a very simple script package.

Installation

Download CWP:
[ external image ]

Installation

Dump into your main folder. It will overwrite 14 vanilla scripts.

Versions

1.2:
- Small bug in my missile boat check was equipping ships that weren't missile boats with missile boat load-outs. Fixed. Tested. Now includes a library to check if a ship is a missile boat.

1.1:
- The "is missile boat" script command isn't very good at detecting if a ship is a missile boat. I've changed this. Will now work with M3 missile boats, if you're that weird.

1.0:
- Release
Last edited by Litcube on Sun, 16. Oct 11, 16:29, edited 5 times in total.

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Sun, 1. May 11, 04:20

I shall express myself and break in the topic in a thusly Freya-pleasing way:

[ external image ]

:)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: [Script] Custom Weapon Priorities V1.0 (Original EES)

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 1. May 11, 10:29

About time :) :thumb_up:
Litcube wrote:I've always felt the TShips should handle racial weapon availability, not a script.
I feel pretty much the same way on this, but unfortunatly it is not always quite that simple.

There are times when modders may want to create maybe improved or alternate versions of weapons that are specific to a race/faction. For instance Terran weapons that may be available to the ATF but not the USC or Xenon modified versions of Commonwealth/Terran weapons or minimise the use of Pirate weapons by Commonwealth and visa versa.

In addition there are some people who want WMD class weapons (typically big planet killer class weaponary - but many seem to settle for big guns/missiles without planet killing ;)). If such weapons are added in a mod, you probably want tighter control over who has access to them :)

These highlighted points are the reasoning behind the continued development of Enhanced Equipment Spawner (EES).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Sun, 1. May 11, 15:58

Just linked here from the Jobs thread.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 4. May 11, 22:38

@ Litcube: You may be interested in this discussion going on in the Changeling/EES thread.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 7. May 11, 00:01

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:@ Litcube: You may be interested in this discussion going on in the Changeling/EES thread.
@ LitCube: I believe I have identified the cause and resolution and it may have impact on CWP (See here)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 15. Oct 11, 19:02

Update

1.1:
- The "is missile boat" script command isn't very good at detecting if a ship is a missile boat. I've changed this. Will now work with M3 missile boats, if you're that weird.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Sat, 15. Oct 11, 23:43

Nice, I'm that weird, spent a few hours the other day messing with the concept of adding M3M anti-fighter variants to all M3B anti-capital bombers.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 16. Oct 11, 16:30

Update

1.2:
- Small bug in my missile boat check was equipping ships that weren't missile boats with missile boat load-outs. Fixed. Tested. Now includes a library to check if a ship is a missile boat.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Sat, 26. May 12, 06:33

Excellent! I wondered what the !config.blank entries were in your jobs.txt... :P That will improve combat even more.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”