Problem with Gates

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

sgtwalt
x3tc

Problem with Gates

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 00:57

I have an odd technical problem with the gates in game. At first it was just the old styly X3 gates but now its the Terran gates as well. If I pass through them manually they do nothing at all. If I Auto Pilot through them they work as they should.
Like I said, at first just the old X3 gates, but now its both old X3 and the new Terran gates as well. I have made no changes in the game. Almost like a virus effecting gates only...LOL

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 00:59

I don't know what its causing this but I know its related to SETA.Reduce SETA or slower the speed of your ship when you want to use a gate.

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:00

Yeah, but see. It happens from the very start without using SETA. I have even creeped through at the startling speed of 8 and no difference. :(

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:05

It was a similar problem here,but I can't find the thread.You better post a dxdiag,this way a moderator can help you.

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:06

BTW I also started a new game ( this is post patch 2.0a ) and still the same issue. Only way to pass through a gate is on auto pilot. No manual flight through will work at any speed.
If I post my DxDiag file there going to tell me to update my graphics driver to the latest. I already tried that and the game CTD's. Latest straight from nVidia for my card. Everything else is updated to the latest as I check every week.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:09

I encoutered that problem,but only for short periods of time.

What is your CPU speed?

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:14

2.2 G. The game worked just fine for a while. It just recently started doing this and slowly spread though out the X Universe like a virus. At first just a few gates, now its all of them.
So now I use the cheat to go from zone to zone.
Last edited by sgtwalt on Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:16

Any mods?

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:18

No mods that I was not using already. Mod BSG and the cheat mod of course now as I must use it to zone. Oh and the mod that prevents you from losing rep if you bump into a gate. Wonder if that is an issue?

Gate bump mod:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=240858

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:32

sgtwalt wrote:Wonder if that is an issue?

:wink:

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:38

:D Im going to go try it and see if it fixes it with that removed. However, if it does I will need to use the cheat to move the Galactica and other BSG ships around as some like the Basestar for Cylons is to big to pass through the gate andf the Galactica is a VERY tight fit as well as I have been killed several times by passing through one even if I turn on God Mode for the ship. Or I can use a ton of costly Energy Cells to use normal jump drives.

BTW I thought the mods were review approved before being posted? :D

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 02:09

Well.....its not that mod, or BSG. Removed the gate bump mod and tried it to no effect and then tried a new game unmodded and still have the same issue. Cannot pass through a gate manually, only on autopilot.
Special note: I will try tonight a fresh install. I previously had a Steam downladed install, but after a install key issue with them and there total lack of a timely customer service, I went and bought a full DVD 2.0 version of the game. So I cannot test version 1.4 now. I just know however that I did not have this issue pre 2.0 patch, only after. Not saying that is it. Its just a thought.
BTW yes X3 TC 1.4 was fully uninstalled and all directories for it where wipped includding all save game files and directories related to those.

sgtwalt
x3tc

Post by sgtwalt » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 22:54

Fresh install did work....sort of. But then it cascaded again and spread like a virus and I did not use SETA. I was able to pass through the two different types of Jump Gates only once manually. After one flight through each I was unable to pass through manually again. Only on autopilot.
Really wierd though, as the autopilot is still on after I zone through and keeps me flying straight ahead, heedless of any obsticales.
Not a game breaker, but certainly annoying as heck. :)

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 03:41

Any chance of files left over from that mod? I.e. did you ensure that the directory was gone after uninstall? Otherwise, the possibility exists that you missed one of the mod files, and uninstalling/reinstalling the game has simply kept the status quo.

Paranoid69
x3tc

Post by Paranoid69 » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 13:49

I only had this once, when I tested the "god mode" or the "avoid collisions" (forgot which one) from the cheat package.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”