New! XFP V4.2 Ready for Download, also Trailer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Sun, 20. May 07, 22:08

Saint-Ashley wrote:
MJALowe wrote:would it be possible to get :
"sector" pack (that just includes all the sectors)
"script" pack (that includes only the nessecary scripts)
"ship" pack (that just includes all the ships)
If you just want a 'sector pack' pull out the map file and 8685.xml.

XFP currently contains only the required scripts... (The script pack was always optional, and im still working on updateing that...)

Ships may be released in .xsp after some time...
does that mean there are no scripts written that affect the sectors? if so COOL

as to the ships, i just threw that in :) i know how to rip ship outs of a mod into .xsp format (unless they have required scripts of-coarse)

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 21. May 07, 00:39

MJALowe wrote:does that mean there are no scripts written that affect the sectors? if so COOL
Yes theirs scripts inside the XFP.rar of the mod file (or the self-installer) that effects sectors. XFP's scripts are rather vital to the functionality of XFP itself.

[eXs]Marsh
x3

Post by [eXs]Marsh » Mon, 21. May 07, 01:30

Thank you Northstar, XFP is truly a fantastic mod, i cant imagine playing X3 without it now . all the best m8 :)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 21. May 07, 04:16

Northstar, sorry to see you go. XFP is truly a wonderful addition to X3; you and the others have accomplished a great deal with this. Hope you come back one day.

@SA. Insinuate doesn't mean to insult. No insult was implied, or thought of. :). I didn't think that the crash I had would be from the move to XFP 4.2; as I thought it would basically be the same as what I had. You just combined them. As far as my crashes go, I haven't had one in over 12 hours of gameplay now. Not sure what it was, maybe it had to do with some ships somewhere, but, now that 4.2 has firmly entrenched itself in my universe, I think it's more stable. As I've mentioned before, I have a huge amount of scripts running in this, and now (and again), there does not seem to be a conflict.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 21. May 07, 07:26

russbo wrote:As far as my crashes go, I haven't had one in over 12 hours of gameplay now.
Good. Thats probally the most important thing right now. :)

The trimmed up jobs.txt in 4.2 should help a lot there as well.

[eXs]Marsh
x3

Post by [eXs]Marsh » Mon, 21. May 07, 10:29

hi Ashley

i cant seem to purchase stations from 'Ashleys Shipyards' for some reason i went to the argon yard and i have a fantastic reputation with the argon but still the stations are red, it doesnt tell you what rank you need to have to buy one, can you help me out here ( i have my ST carrier docked at the station aswell )

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 21. May 07, 15:36

North: Is sad, very sad each time I see people like you going away from the forums. Not only for the mods you make for the enhacement of a particuler game, also for sharing the knowledge of how to do it. One of the best think that happend to the world/people is the invention of internet. It let known people that without it never known their existance. Of course internet has his drawback too, just sometimes we can't just shake hands face to face to people like you. Someone somewhere once said: a good soldier never dies he just fade away....

Thankyou very much good soldier....

khaakbaiter

Post by khaakbaiter » Mon, 21. May 07, 15:41

Northstar wrote:Since starting out with XFP I have enjoyed every moment and worked with some great people. I started off with xperiment and this has grown to be a major name in the X3 community, due to the hard work of many people and the great support of so many fans of the game. I have met some some of the best charachters, some either funny, knowledgable, interesting, friendly, very skilled or a mixture of all of these things.

Sadly for me I must take a rest and put my plans on hold for a while. Working hard sometimes comes at a price and and health comes first so my parents always tell me. :)

I will keep everything in place that XFP needs to function and continue the way it should. I might even return in the distant future but for now I must bid you all a fond farewell.

Modding is great fun as most of you know and from my many days here at ES from the day XBTF appeared on the shelves I have been a proud fan of all the X3 series. I loved to visit the first ever forum ES had and since then have enjoyed reading so many great posts for such a great game.

I wish every modding team and modder, scripter or any visitor at ES forums, including Egosoft themselves, all the very best for the future.

Who knows, I might even get to play XFP and X3 for a change in later months.

Good luck Xtended on your new release and all the other modding teams forming up.

Take care everyone and best wishes, good luck and enjoy the time you spend using any X3 mod from me. :wink:
:cry: :cry: :cry: Noooooooooo! How will i know the way of the force!
May the force be with you and guide you to strength and a safe and healthy return!
Graaawwwlll (wookie for goodbye!)
Graa Grrr Ghrmm (we'll miss you)

khaakbaiter

Post by khaakbaiter » Mon, 21. May 07, 16:39

SOMETHING WIERD FOUND!!!
Calling all modders and X3 XFP players i have found out that my barnacle does not properly dock at an EQD and it has just blown up!
HIH!
PLZ HELP!

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 21. May 07, 17:25

Your barnacle blew up. The horror.

Maybe its too big?

khaakbaiter

Post by khaakbaiter » Mon, 21. May 07, 17:32

It docked above the docking bay and when i undocked i dropped and hit the bottom then i blew up :cry:

darkelfsin

Post by darkelfsin » Mon, 21. May 07, 18:37

thx for the update and fix.......................

great mod man................. :lol:

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 21. May 07, 20:07

Update : Script Patch

:arrow: Script Patch

This patch will fix the Ship Placement script, and fix the issue with 'Ashleys Shipyards' that are suspose to be in Ashleys Wisdom and Ashleys Industries, to spawn in the correct sectors.

Important!

This is only neccisary if your 'Ashleys Shipyards' are not in sectors Ashleys Wisdom and Ashleys Industries!

After placeing these scripts into your /scripts folder (or extracting the .rar into your root X3 install). Please activate the script editor (Change player name to "Thereshallbewings"). Then load the script editor and highlight (useing up/down arrow keys) ash.force.reset.XXL Then press R and hit enter.

Save your game, and then reload! If you do not reload 'Ashleys Shipyards' will not be in the correct sectors until you do so. (It will take a few minuites for the scripts to load them after reloading your game.)

This post will be updated when the patch is in place. EDIT : Patch is now in place.
Last edited by Saint-Ashley on Wed, 23. May 07, 22:41, edited 2 times in total.

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Mon, 21. May 07, 22:22

i just downloaded the newest release and when i go to select mod package in opening window XFP is not there. ideas?
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Tue, 22. May 07, 08:13

Good job on the mod guys.

Unfortunatly I seemed to have a problem, when using the Goner Gone Mad custom start.
After roaming around, I decided to dock at the equipment dock in the starting Sector, and when trying to undock it crashed into the dock everytime.

khaakbaiter

Post by khaakbaiter » Tue, 22. May 07, 09:20

Perhaps it's a bug.
Ash could you look into this?

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 22. May 07, 15:15

Applying the new script patch caused the already overwhelming presence of Beluga's in Ashley's Wisdom, to get completely out of control, with the addition of over fifty new Teladi ships, and, in the sector menu, the blanking out of the Beluga names.

Something's wrong. Over a hundred ships now in Ashley's Wisdom? (The stations appeared though...)

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 22. May 07, 16:48

russbo wrote:Something's wrong. Over a hundred ships now in Ashley's Wisdom? (The stations appeared though...)
Please make sure your running XFP V4.2. The Bulga's havent appeard for me like that...

Naught much we can do about the Sector Patrols though... I beleive its due to the 3 SY's in the sector...
dragonsblade71uk wrote:Unfortunatly I seemed to have a problem, when using the Goner Gone Mad custom start.
I will have to double check that...
Mazer wrote:i just downloaded the newest release and when i go to select mod package in opening window XFP is not there. ideas?
Did you Download the Self-Installer? If so, please make sure it installed to your X3 directory. (I beleive its set to Program Files/DEEPSILVER. This has to be changed to the root directory for the ENGLIGHT English versions.)

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 23. May 07, 12:06

Great mod, thanks for the update it works great. :thumb_up: Sorry to see Northstar go. But thanks for a great mod. :thumb_up:
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

khaakbaiter

Post by khaakbaiter » Wed, 23. May 07, 12:11

He'll be back i know it!
Ashley will be okay handling our probs won' he?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”