Can we edit / modify blueprints?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

akeelah
x3tc

Can we edit / modify blueprints?

Post by akeelah » Tue, 19. Sep 23, 16:04

Is there a way to edit the resource and time requirements for existing blueprints? I was hoping modify the Jump Beacon blueprint to make it much more expensive & time consuming to produce at the PHQ.

I hoping for something simple like a TBlueprints file in the types folder, but alas no joy.
Universal Cargo Transfer (UCarT) -- Unleash the power of your Transporter Device!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Can we edit / modify blueprints?

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Sep 23, 18:28

The file you are looking for is types/hq.xml

akeelah
x3tc

Post by akeelah » Wed, 20. Sep 23, 04:34

Ah, perfect! Thank you.

But as always, one question leads to another and so on.

Now I need to know where the average prices are stored for ships, stations, and wares. No doubt it's embarrassingly obvious, but I'm here humbly asking anyway. :D

The connection between the average price as seen in-game and the NPC Rel. Value and/or Player Rel. Value found in the T files eludes me.
Universal Cargo Transfer (UCarT) -- Unleash the power of your Transporter Device!

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Wed, 20. Sep 23, 11:04

If I'm not mistaken, the RelValue is multiplied by a factor depending on the ware to get the final result (before adjustments for demand/excess). From my notes, it should be:

'TWareE' : 4,
'TWareB' : 5.33,
'TWareM' : 5.33,
'TWareN' : 4,
'TWareF' : 12,
'TWareT' : 28,
'TMissiles' : 28,
'TLaser' : 64.9,
'TShields' : 64.9,
'TShips' : 50,
'TFactories' : 64.9,

akeelah
x3tc

Post by akeelah » Wed, 20. Sep 23, 16:19

Thank you.

I came up with basically the same thing through experimentation, though I haven't yet tested every ware type.

For the record, TShips appears to use the 64.9 value, not 50. Again I haven't tested EVERY ship, but the handful I did test used 64.9 something.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”