Permanent Trade Representative

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Permanent Trade Representative

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 28. Jan 24, 14:58

Howdy Everyone,

Something new for me that I would like to ask for clarification on from those who would know specifically.
I used an EMP Bomb on a specific station twice looking to see if I could get a blueprint, but did not (yet).
What I did get on the 1st round is a Permanent Trade Subscription, which I guess is forever station information.

On the 2nd round I received a 'Permanent Trade Representative Added to Database' notice and a yellow person icon at that station.
The name of that person is not the same as the manager, and I'm not sure how to locate them or if there is a benefit from such?
Also, I went through all the information screens, but am not sure which database they were added to and how to see that?
Basically I'm wanting to know if I should consider getting more of these Permanent Trade things as I'm playing a trader style?

Thanks for any info that ya'll can share on this topic,

=Baddieus=

H34Dru5H
x4

Re: Permanent Trade Representative

Post by H34Dru5H » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 11:22

I would like to know the answer to this very good question too. Perhaps it should be asked in the general gameplay forum..
B450 Tomahawk Max II, Ryzen 5600X, MSI RTX2070S, 16GB @ 3200, Sumsung EVO SSD.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 16:21

Perhaps it should be asked in the general gameplay forum..
If a moderator would like to move this over to another forum, then I'm all for it if it gets the answer.

More simply stated, I unlocked something with very little if not any current information on what it was.

Egosoft programmed this "feature" into the game, so it must do something hopefully good for me since it costs 2x EMP bombs to get it.

=Baddieus=

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 17:04

I've never encountered that. But i've also never EMPed a station twice. I'll have to try it out.

As for finding the guy have you tried landing on the station? My guess would be he appears in an office or bar like black market merchants, particularly if it adds an icon to the station.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 18:50

EMP most value is Blueprint of the module where you placed the bomb (no wharfs, shipyards only regulars) - :!: You have to do research on xour HQ, otherwise you dont get Bluepr.

All other is a nice to have, a satellite does also inform you.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 19:42

As for finding the guy have you tried landing on the station? My guess would be he appears in an office ...
Yes, I found the representative standing behind the station manager, but talking to them did not result in anything other than standard dialog for someone you are unable to hire.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 15:11

Baddieus wrote:
Mon, 12. Feb 24, 19:42
As for finding the guy have you tried landing on the station? My guess would be he appears in an office ...
Yes, I found the representative standing behind the station manager, but talking to them did not result in anything other than standard dialog for someone you are unable to hire.
Do you have any new or special "missions" available at that station (since you mentioned him having a yellow marking for "important/mission relevant" person)?

Does he count as your employee (green name) or the Stations' faction?

Do you get any extra discounts/offers/commissions at that station?

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 15:38

Do you have any new or special "missions" available at that station (since you mentioned him having a yellow marking for "important/mission relevant" person)?
-- None that I've noticed, just the usual random mission offers

Does he count as your employee (green name) or the Stations' faction?
-- Nope, but that yellow icon remains above their head when looking at them

Do you get any extra discounts/offers/commissions at that station?
-- This is possible, but I did not look at the pricing before/after ... not sure if I can see a specific discount at an NPC station.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 16:09

Baddieus wrote:
Tue, 13. Feb 24, 15:38
... This is possible, but I did not look at the pricing before/after ... not sure if I can see a specific discount at an NPC station.
if you right-click on that station and select "show trade offers", you ca see all the available trades and by marking the ware row (left click on it), you get a more granular information on how the price is affected by discounts, commissions, vip-supplier (discount hacking on the trade terimal in the engineering room), etc.

Does that show anything unusual?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 17:38

Baddieus wrote:
Sun, 28. Jan 24, 14:58
Howdy Everyone,

Something new for me that I would like to ask for clarification on from those who would know specifically.
I used an EMP Bomb on a specific station twice looking to see if I could get a blueprint, but did not (yet)....
To follow up on this, an EMP bomb always gives a blueprint, whether it's the first or the very last 'orange ball' you check. If not, then either you already have that blueprint (probably not in this case), or the station can't be hacked for a blueprint. This is the case for all shipyards/wharfs/equipment docks. Those must be bought. There are a few other special stations that fall into that category. So it's not worth wasting another EMP bomb on that station.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 18:24

To follow up on this, an EMP bomb always gives a blueprint,
Turns out, this is not the case if you have not discovered the PHQ, or even left Kingdom End sectors from a Queens Herald game start.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 18:59

if you right-click on that station and select "show trade offers", you ca see all the available trades and by marking the ware row (left click on it), you get a more granular information on how the price is affected by discounts, commissions, vip-supplier (discount hacking on the trade terimal in the engineering room), etc.

Does that show anything unusual?
Well, I looked remotely, then flew all the way back to find my "Permanent" representative is now gone, which might be due to making +30 rep with the Boron.

Which kind of adds a new question ... is this feature only to get better pricing that you will get anyway once reaching +30 rep with the station faction owners?

Currently I do not see any other effects, so the best available deal on that stations products is likely what this does ... I think I'll go EMP bomb an SCA station twice just to see what happens.

=Baddieus=

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 19:55

You better try the normal scan option, there is a chance to get a black market dealer. You only need zo do the non faction mission :gruebel:
You can only get one on regular stations, and only one per sector.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 20:06

New information, but not yet a full solution / explanation.

Below is a link to a photo album of the results for 2x EMP bombs on an SCA station I had scanned to 93% before EMP-ing.

1st pic shows 'Permanent trade subscription added' after scanning the last data source from the 1st EMP.
2nd pic shows 'Trade partner added to database' after scanning the last data source from the 2nd EMP.
3rd pic shows the top down map with the station selected and 3 yellow person icons after the 2nd, which were not there before/after the 1st.
4-6th pics are each of those yellow icon named persons standing out on the dock in usual places and appear as any other normal crewman on a station.
You can see in the background of the crewman pics there are other crewman about the station dock, so it appears the game just picked 3 at random?

Photo Album Link: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBdZQd

The trade information on available highlighted wares did not change discounts or pricing before or after either EMP ... it was the same pricing either way.

So, if anyone with a contact inside Egosoft that could simply ask what all this is programmed into the game & share with us ... that would be most excellent.

=Baddieus=

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 20:20

I recall reading somewhere on these forums that the "Trade Partner" is a different station, that the bombed station has traded with.
So it gives you a previously-unknown station on the map, in the fog of war, not an NPC on the bombed station.

Some searching for the literal "trade partner added to database" string gave me this:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 10:27

Baddieus wrote:
Tue, 13. Feb 24, 18:24
To follow up on this, an EMP bomb always gives a blueprint,
Turns out, this is not the case if you have not discovered the PHQ, or even left Kingdom End sectors from a Queens Herald game start.
Of course not! You obviously have to do the research before you can hack anything, and that requires the PHQ. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 15:16

CulunTse wrote:
Tue, 13. Feb 24, 20:20
I recall reading somewhere on these forums that the "Trade Partner" is a different station, that the bombed station has traded with.
So it gives you a previously-unknown station on the map, in the fog of war, not an NPC on the bombed station.

Some searching for the literal "trade partner added to database" string gave me this:
This steam guide is a treasure, thanks for the heads-up!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”