[MOD] TAF! v1.2 (12 Dec. 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Tue, 27. May 14, 19:06

YorrickVander wrote:What happens now is that your trade window (shift+t) will be instantly updated for any prices changed or orders added/finished for any station with the eye icon. As you build up your contacts you can eventually cover every friendly station.
Ahh! I actually was thinking about that, but wasn't sure!
Thanks for a lesson!

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 27. May 14, 23:39

I love this mod dearly.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 27. May 14, 23:41

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:A little guide:

1. Fly around station exterior to reveal a docking port.
2. Left-click on the port's icon on your HUD.
3. Left-click on the on the HUD's main monitor.
4. Marvel at the pop-up window of dreamy goodness.
5. Start a conversation with an appropriate NPC*.
6. "Choose the fairly obvious convo option".
7. Pay the fee and "profit".

* I don't have a definitive list but it's the sort that would offer you trade updates as a small talk reward. So basically, most trader NPCs (e.g. Junk Dealer or Black Market dude) plus a couple of others (Architect?).
You could also just hit enter/3/3/4/4/1/5/1 provided that's the only station in the zone that you need. Way faster :p.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 28. May 14, 00:48

Hahaha, oh wow... hahaha!

Just went to check what crew I had on-board after using Taf! to hire someone... The newly-hired dude docked and entered the ship via the toilet while I was looking around! :lol:

Well placed Sir, well played.

Edit:
TheRealBix wrote: This little crappy mod
lol

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Sat, 31. May 14, 01:06

Love the mod. It helps with just being able to send my ships back to get more supples without having to fly there first to see the dock locations.

Small request..... (I tried modding this mod to make it work no luck)

Can you add a version with discounts and commissions? I see in cat.8 (2.0 files) player_commission and player_discount

I tried adding following code to taf.xml just after the line of add_trade_subscription

Code: Select all

<add_player_commission object="event.object.container" name="Tech Enticement" commission="50%" />
		<add_player_discount object="event.object.container" name="Insider Benefactor" discount="50%" />
[/code]
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 31. May 14, 01:31

My OCD means that I HAVE to have a Trade Agent on any and all stations I might use in the future - this will keep me sane when I restart! Will have to wait til I'm done Beta testing before trying though, unfortunately.

Excellent work!

Scoob.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 10:07

if your dont mind you can upload on nexus? or any mirror

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 15:39

Thanks for this nice mod! Saved me a lot of time and annoyance.

Personally I found the charge of 80k credits too much though. I have modded it to 10k (which may be a bit too cheap). If you consider the amount of stations in the game, 80k will easily add up to a huge pile of money.

(Money that I actually find hard to make with trades. The margins seem to be ruined by NPCs all the time. But maybe that's just me being stupid.)

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 08:55

Congrats on the mod, just a small suggestion:

Agent cost could depend on Faction Reputation.

Hardcard

Post by Hardcard » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 23:54

This mod is far from crappy (as you said in the description).
Huge time saver, something like this should've been implemented in vanilla, imho.

The only downside is the agent cost, 80.000Cr is a little steep!
The rest is just awesome, the player no longer needs to endlessly wander the sectors just to get the right offers. Once you've hired all the desired agents, you just need to press "T" and the entire market is revealed.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 00:57

I guess I'd agree on the cost thing, compared to fees for crew that get paid once before death whereas an agent could be paid several times if it was not single player.

May I suggest seeing about fireing an Agent? It might be nice to be able to limit what markets and factions our traders can see.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 04:09

I agree that 80k is over the top for trade updates considering hiring a person or a say a captain or defense for an entire station or capital ship is cheaper in most cases. Cost should realistically be around 5-10k as all they're doing is providing a service. You aren't hiring them as part of your corporation or faction as "player".

Palladin888
x3tc

pfff

Post by Palladin888 » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 06:14

80,000 isn't jack. I can make this in a single mission.
X3TC Vanilla with bonus pack
Start: Terran Defender
Terran plot complete
Goner plot complete
New Home plot at 50,000,000 credits step
Operation Final Furry on last step.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 08:54

Of course, although the point i was making was simply that 80k was relatively high compared to other vanilla fees. Not the end of the world.

texallbwt
xr

Post by texallbwt » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 12:30

:)

Hope this bump helps to get a fix for the new beta side bar?

This is a really good mod.

tex.

LEGACYMAN
x4

How To Buy A Trade Agent In Game.

Post by LEGACYMAN » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 03:16

Please post where to find the agent. so fat I do not see a trade agent in any trade menu.

I do not see how to or where to look for the agent in what menu or where to find them
Thomas Anderson III

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 08:53

A Trade Agent isn't a specific person, it is what we can ask a permant station resident to become. E.g. NPCs that buy the wares the Skunk can carry, license dealers, weapon sellers and non-hireable NPCs assigned to the station. Convo them from space and you should see an option to ask them to work as a Trade Agent for you.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 01:26

Is this error related to your mod??

Code: Select all

[General] ======================================
[General] *** Context:md.Trade.TradeMenus<inst:6e9c4>: entering gTrade_transaction
[=ERROR=] Widget system error. Dimensions for button are too small. Button elements will overlap eachother. Dimensions are: width(182 px) height(21 px) - minimum dimensions for this button is 23 px
[=ERROR=] Widget system error. Dimensions for button are too small. Button elements will overlap eachother. Dimensions are: width(182 px) height(21 px) - minimum dimensions for this button is 23 px
[General] *** Context:md.Trade.TradeMenus<inst:7012c>: entering gTrade_transaction
V2.50

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 13:46

Small update to support the new NPC from 2.5 :)

JimmiG
x3

Post by JimmiG » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 14:33

One of the "essential" mods in my opinion. Without it, building up a large trade network would just be too tedious.

The cost of 80,000 is perfect too. It's expensive enough to force you to play the mini-game in the beginning, but cheap enough to not matter as you progress.

Egosoft should really add this into the game. I can't understand how they think playing the same mini-game with the same lines of dialog hundreds or even thousands of times constitutes great gameplay.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”