Humble merchant plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mikeck

Humble merchant plot

Post by mikeck » Fri, 28. May 10, 02:12

I am new to the X series and started an X3-TC game as a humble merchant. I have played for 4 hours and am doing ok. I would like to start the "plot" but I cannot find a "plot" mission. Where do I go to begin the X3TC plot story?

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 28. May 10, 02:23

in omicron lyrae theres 2 plot missions that are there.

in elysium of light(2 sectors away from omicron lyrae) theres another plot.

when your boron and trade ranks get high enough, theres another when you visit any boron core sector.

mikeck

Post by mikeck » Fri, 28. May 10, 02:51

Thank you

Da-V-Man
x3tc

Post by Da-V-Man » Fri, 28. May 10, 18:32

You might want to do the Terran plot with a better combat ship than with what you have. I did the first mission in my mercury... It was actually kind of funny.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 28. May 10, 20:02

Just to clarify something, the Humble Merchant start is not a plot. Every default start, except the Custom Game, allows you to do all the plots in the game. The starts only determine your starting conditions, such as start sector, start ship, money and rep.

Here's the FAQ entry on the various plots.
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.

mikeck

Post by mikeck » Fri, 28. May 10, 20:08

Ok, so even though I start out in Argon as a Humble trader, I can still play the Terran plot? I'll give it a shot. from what I understand I cannot just fly into terran space though right? Something about reputation?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 28. May 10, 20:18

Please ask specific questions about the various plots in the Spoilers Forum. Or I can move this thread over there, if you wish.
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.

Antheus
x3tc

Post by Antheus » Fri, 28. May 10, 20:19

mikeck wrote:Ok, so even though I start out in Argon as a Humble trader, I can still play the Terran plot? I'll give it a shot. from what I understand I cannot just fly into terran space though right? Something about reputation?
Nanook wrote:Here's the FAQ entry on the various plots.
Here:

# Terran plot (Terran Conflict)

* Omicron Lyrae (or your starting sector if you're Terran)

* Argon rank 1 (Federation Member)

* Terran rank 0 (Citizen)
I was under a similar misconseption :wink:

Threesixtyci
x3tc

Post by Threesixtyci » Fri, 28. May 10, 20:26

The ATF Rep that the Terran plot introduces and raises per mission completed, determines what Terran sectors you can enter. I don't think ATF rep goes up or down, either. It seems to only be an indicator of how many canned Terran mission you've, completed.

Also, the Terran rep seems to determines whether or not, they continue giving you Terran plot missions to complete. As in, if the Terran rep is too low the next blue book icon won't light up.

Terran rep also determines the usual for the Earth race, of what you can buy and whether or not you can enter their core sectors or docking rights to stations and such. Same as, all the other race ranks....

mikeck

Post by mikeck » Fri, 28. May 10, 20:32

My mistake, sorry. I wasn't asking about the plot itself...just where I go to get to it. I'm all set now so I suppose you can close it so no spoilers end up here. Again, sorry 'bout that.

woodsballer
x3tc

Post by woodsballer » Sat, 29. May 10, 18:53

Da-V-Man wrote: I did the first mission in my mercury... It was actually kind of funny.
:lol:
If at first you don't succeed, you're obviously not Chuck Norris.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”