The Beta Update for version 3.20 of X4: Foundations is now available. Please check out the corresponding thread for a change log and details on how to participate in the beta.
*Update April 8th, 2020*
Update 3.10 for X4: Foundations is now publicly available. Download the update now to benefit from a new batch of improvements and changes to the game.
*Original post, April 7th, 2020*
After a few eventful days following the release of X4: Foundations 3.00 and X4: Split Vendetta, we are now entering a new public beta phase. We have just released a Public Beta version of the upcoming 3.10 update for X4: Foundations.
Public Beta Update 3.10 includes the following changes, among others:
- Added mission to expand HQ if selected research requires excessive resources.
- Improved balance and pricing of recruitable personnel on station docks.
- Improved performance for games where player owns very large number of ships and stations.
- Improved colour differentiation between racial Construction Vessel ships.
- Improved storage capacity of Split mining ships.
- Improved mastering of legacy music tracks.
- Fixed some missing voice recordings in German, French and Russian localisations.
- Fixed certain hazardous regions giving massive numbers of crystal drops.
- Fixed wrong faction sometimes being blamed when ships or stations are destroyed.
- Fixed mining drones not launching to collect broken-down asteroids they had earlier marked for collection but didn't collect due to cancellation.
- Fixed male Split characters sometimes having female voices with Split Vendetta installed.
- Fixed engine sound problems under specific circumstances.
- Fixed graphical artefacts for AMD Navi GPUs (5600/5700).
- Fixed several causes of crashes.
How do I participate in the Public Beta?
In order to ensure that Public Beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum to read the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions on how to participate in the Public Beta. Follow this link to find the relevant information in our Public Beta forum.
We would like to thank all beta testers who were involved in testing the big 3.00 update and would be delighted if you would like to support us further. And of course we also welcome newcomers to the beta testing process.
Thanks for your continued support!