doubleshadow's X3 Editor (0.15 - patch 2.0 compatible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 14:25

Thanks for the quick responses.

Cheers Euclid

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 15:56

Hi
I seem to have problems with the galaxy editor. I have made a sector full of different stations but I think it is just making duplicates of the first station on the list.

I think the list started with an Argon Trading station. I ended up with about 20 Argon Trading Stations. Maybe Im just using them wrong.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 16:31

OML wrote:Hi
I seem to have problems with the galaxy editor. I have made a sector full of different stations but I think it is just making duplicates of the first station on the list.

I think the list started with an Argon Trading station. I ended up with about 20 Argon Trading Stations. Maybe Im just using them wrong.
It's working for me - i.e. I have the correct values written in the file. I cannot check it in the game as I'm not home. You just have to right click on a sector, select "Add New object" and choose type (factory) and subtype (some factory). It should be in the left tree and in the sector map.
I have made a sector full of different stations but I think it is just making duplicates of the first station on the list... I ended up with about 20 Argon Trading Stations.
:? How could you "ended with 20 trading stations"? You mean in the game? Or in my editor?

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 17:33

ok ive opened the Tships file and now i'm confused...the values of the ships in there are the values of X2, for example, dragon has a max speed of 327 m/s on the editor (that was on X2, it now goes at 145 m/s...)

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 17:55

Well the speeds are different but it can be wrong - as I said I'm using the old X2 formulas to compute things. They may be wrong - I played the game for about 5 minutes. The most sophisticated thing I did was to open the ship menu - my comp. wasn't able to do much more :lol:

I will take a look at it.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 18:05

Yes, there is something slightly wrong with your formula, because the Boron Shark's max speed is NOT 200m/s! Try this:

Code: Select all

Default Speed= ((speedvalue) / 5  = base) * 0.10)
Max Speed= (base * tunings = max)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

kryptyk
x4

Post by kryptyk » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 20:34

doubleshadow wrote: Kryptyk - you're still alive :? :) - how's the corn? :lol:
Nice to see you again. I was thinking about writing you an e-mail but then I reconsider that - thought you are no longer interested in X2/3.
Well I took a break from X2 and dove into the land of MMO's. Remembered why I don't like MMO's in the first place and came back just in time to catch X3.

I'm hoping that I can still make an alternate directory in X3 like I did for X2 for testing purposes. Don't want to foul up the original considering the NA release was 6 discs. :evil: Should of just imported the DVD version.

Anyways I'm hoping I can just install the X3 editor without having to install the runtime libs again. I'll post any problems I run across. :D

EDIT
Had the same error "could not find x3vfs.dll" even though it was in the directory and system32 just for S&G's still kept getting the error

Started the program from the X3 Editor directory and it worked fine. Start from a shortcut on my desktop and kablooey... :?:

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 21:26

There IS something wrong with the Galaxy Editor! Take a look at this pic. In the lower left you see the list of objects that SHOULD be in that sector... then look at the in-game list. It's all Mammoths!!
:? :? :?
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

deamoclese99
x3

Post by deamoclese99 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 21:58

I have a question about editing the thsips file... I modified all the novas in the file so they all had 800 cargo space and so they could all carry BPAC in the front gun.... but when I load my game up, they dont have any of the modified attributes I applied to the various novas.

After editing tships and saving it, is there something else I have to do to activate the modifications?

IneffableModder
x3tc

Post by IneffableModder » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 00:34

Can you help me out with the mapping of the TShips file? In the X2 documentation you have a section where there are Cockpits, Weapons and Turrets defined .. every time I think I have the settings correct, there seems to be a another ship with data that does not match ...

So far I have the objects defined as

Cockpit
-- Too many unknowns here

Weapon
Laser Position
BodyId // Body Id of gun body in ship main scene
PathId // Pathid of gun body in ship main scene
BodyId2 // Body Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)
PathId2 // Path Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)

Turret
BodyId // Body Id of gun body in ship main scene
PathId // Pathid of gun body in ship main scene
BodyId2 // Body Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)
PathId2 // Path Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)
Unknown

// EDIT : I got ahold of double shadows X3Editor, I should be able to finish the framework with the information from that.
Last edited by IneffableModder on Wed, 23. Nov 05, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Phenom 9600+
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320
4 GIGs Dual Channel Memory
2 250 gig Raid 0 3 Gb/s drives
LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro USB - If I can find it ...

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 00:56

deamoclese99 wrote:I have a question about editing the thsips file... I modified all the novas in the file so they all had 800 cargo space and so they could all carry BPAC in the front gun.... but when I load my game up, they dont have any of the modified attributes I applied to the various novas.

After editing tships and saving it, is there something else I have to do to activate the modifications?
you may have to start a new game.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 01:23

Old novas retain saved values. He'll have to get new ones...

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 09:21

Galaxy613 wrote:Yes, there is something slightly wrong with your formula, because the Boron Shark's max speed is NOT 200m/s! Try this:

Default Speed= ((speedvalue) / 5  = base) * 0.10)
Max Speed= (base * tunings = max)
In fact my formula is the correct one while all others are wrong :lol:

Really :P - I just had the speed modifier wrong - it's different from X2

SPEED_MODIFIER = 500
TUNNING_MODIFIER = 10
minSpeed = ship_speed_value / SPEED_MODIFIER
maxSpeed = (minSpeed / TUNNING_MODIFIER) * ship_tunning_count

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 09:24

Galaxy613 wrote:There IS something wrong with the Galaxy Editor! Take a look at this pic. In the lower left you see the list of objects that SHOULD be in that sector... then look at the in-game list. It's all Mammoths!!
:? :? :?
Why do you complain? You have an armada of Mammoths :lol:

I will look at it :D

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 11:05

Seems like thats the same kind of problem I have. Have fun testing that :)
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 01:57

doubleshadow wrote:
X3 - SS_WARE_ENERGY - Energy Cells - last 9 values

1 - volume
4 - price
25 - price modifier (1)
10 - price modifier (2)
1 - ware class
4 - price again?
-100 - min notoriety
1016 - ?
0 - ?
Ok, here goes: (in order, and I'll do my best to explain each)

1 - volume: this is the volume of the ware, self explanatory

4 - relvalue: everyone calls this price, but it isn't price, not really. What relvalue means is the amount of time it takes, in seconds, to consume or produce one of these units in production. So in this example we have a relvalue of 4. This means that every 4 seconds, one energy unit is consumed. Or, 15 energy are consumed every minute. You can see in the game that this is the case. Now price is a dependent function of relvalue. For energy, average price = 4 * relvalue, or 16. This multiplication factor changes for different ware classes (bio, food, tech, etc.) But in all cases, price is a function of relvalue, so I can see why people have been calling this price. Note that if you change this value, you do NOT only change the price, you also change the rate at which the given ware is consumed / produced. If I were you, I'd start calling this value relvalue. Price is not the correct label.

25 - price variation as a primary resource: this number is a percentage. It sets the size of the range that the price of the ware can vary within. 25% means that the price of energy can vary between a low of (100% - 25%) * avg price of 16, and a high of (100% + 25%) * avg price of 16.
So the boundaries of energy price are 12 to 20.
If this number was 50%, the range would be from 8 to 24. Make sense?
Ok, the first price modifier is used when a ware is the product of a factory or the primary resource. These numbers are always higher than the next number ...

10 - price variation as a secondary resource: same as above, but these numbers are used when the ware is a secondary resource. Example: crystals at a npc solar power plant. This range is generally tighter than that of primary resource ranges.

1 - ware class: you'll also see this refered to as TK in the database. This is the size of the ware, and is used to determine if certain ship classes can carry the ware.
  • 0 - ship upgrade
    1 - small
    2 - medium
    3 - large
    4 - xtra large
    5 - station container
4 - player production relvalue: ok this is the one you're calling price again. X3 has made a significant step up in complexity over X2 in terms of production cycle data and profitability of factories. This value is used for the relvalue of a ware when the ware is the product of a player owned factory. By setting player values independently of npc ones, we can make meaningful adjustments to factory profit. That might not make sense, so let me run through an example:
Let's use a microchip plant as an easy example:
if you dig through the types files, you'll find the following parameters:
relvalue: 480, player production relvalue: 360
Here's what they mean. Price is based of off relvalue alone, so the price of the microchips is set by looking at the 480 number. Microchips are calculated to have an average price of around 13,476. For an NPC factory, one microchip is made every 480 seconds (from the relvalue), or every 8 minutes. It takes a certain amount of wares to produce one chip based on this time of 8 minutes.
Now, for the player factory, since microchips are the product, the player production relvalue is used when setting up the production cycle data. The value of 360 is used for the relvalue, and the cycle time is therefore 360 seconds, or 6 minutes. Player factories make chips faster than NPC ones. They also consume fewer wares since the rate of consumption of wares is set by the resource relvalues, and the chip takes a shorter time to produce. So player factories are more profitable than NPC ones.
Having this extra degree of flexibility in terms of the player production relvalue parameter is what allowed us to make certain that:
NO TWO FACTORIES IN X3 HAVE THE SAME PROFIT CHARACTERISTICS
That's a powerful statement, considering that all high end factories in X2 were for all intents and purposes, identical. All of that might not make much sense if you havent' dived into the economics of the game, but I think I've explained what the parameter does. You'll find the player production value to be different than the regular relvalues for most factories where the product wares are not used as primary resources to any other factory (example high tech). I'll spare you the gory details of why that is so. If you have difficulty with the concept above, just ask me, and I'll talk your ear off. :) Obviously, for wares like ships and such that are not produced by the player, this value is irrelevant, and is usually just set equal to relvalue.

-100 - min notoriety: this is the minimum race relation the player must have with the seller race to be able to purchase the ware. 0 is neutral, and I believe the rank names change at 33, 100, 333, 1000, 3333, 10000, etc. (and -33, -100 ...) More confidential and powerful wares take a higher race rank to purchase.

1016 - video ID: this determines the graphic that plays in your upper right hand monitor when you're in a station menu. I think a 0 value plays that little question mark thingie.

0 - ? I don't know, I'm sorry. Have you ever encountered a non zero value for this parameter? That might help me narrow it down.

Hope this helps.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 02:19

Doubleshadow just curious when you are going to change the speed equation in the editor or did you already?

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 05:20

DoubleShadow, your editor is awesome! I don't know nuthin' bout this stuff, and I've already been able to do some cool things with your editor. But, there are some things I'd like to know. I couldn't find them in the help file. I want to delete, or change, some turrets on a ship, and add some new guns to the front. I was able to equip front guns on the ship, but they won't fire. Also, I don't know how to change or add a physical gun model to the front. The ship is that Argon Military Transport. There's a couple other parts on the ship that I'd like to delete too. I know your program isn't a 3D modeling program, but the parts I want to delete aren't a part of the actualy ship model. They're like some weird looking turrets that don't do anything, or something. I'm going to keep trying some things and see if I can get it right. I don't know what changing certain numbers will do. If you can help me out, or let me know if I'm on a wild goose chase, I'd appreciate it. :mrgreen:

OCASPAWN
x3

Post by OCASPAWN » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 07:48

Hi I’m new to editing IV been playing with your galaxy editor! I find when I create a new sector in a blank spot eg: x=0 y=10 it creates the sector ok but the name of it is [string300007:1021101] how can I give it a name? eg: My Sector. Sorry if it's a noob question or has been ansured b4 some place.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 08:07

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
deamoclese99 wrote:I have a question about editing the thsips file... I modified all the novas in the file so they all had 800 cargo space and so they could all carry BPAC in the front gun.... but when I load my game up, they dont have any of the modified attributes I applied to the various novas.

you may have to start a new game.
I am having the same problem...

I started a new game. Spawned it.. and no luck. I changed all the m6 Truelight seekers to be the same and none of the changes took effect.

Which I find strange. So I deleted my saved games even.. still..no luck.

Here is what I did.

1. Opened editor.
2. Edited goner m6.
3. Gave it 2500mw power generator
4. Gave it 4 shields
5. 125mj shields
6. Saved Tships file again (replaced existing one).

Closed down the editor
Fired up the game
Started a new game (assassin)
Used the cheat menu to create a truelight seeker m6 for my character.
checked stats.
They were unchanged. :(

Any ideas?
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”