[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 10:29

TECSG wrote:Okay, there is an option in SCS to 'colourize names' so you can better see different classes or tasked ships, but if you haven't used that option, that's not the problem!

Let me know if you find out what was reporting the blank message, I should then be able to troubleshoot the problem.
All I know is it was an abandoned Caiman Hauler (the pilot ejected during a faction battle, it was not one spawned by the script) that I claimed by targeting
it and using the SCS command to "claim" the ship. I then stopped it from docking, repaired the hull with my space suit and renamed it.

After docking it and adding some shields and a copy of the SCS software, I sent it to Elena's Fortune using the "Collect all wares in sector (any ship)"
command and I set the "notify me when task complete" option in the Commands menu.

About an hour later i got an "Incomming Message" alert and when I opened it there was no text. I didn't know what it was for at first but when I
checked my hauler and noticed it wasn't doing anything, I used the SCS command to tell it to collect wares and immediately got another blank message. At this point,
I looked at the ship and saw the freight was full.

Strange thing is it doesn't seem to do this if you claim but don't rename the ship. Also, if you buy a ship and rename it the messages work properly.

If it helps, these are the mods / scripts I'm using (it was an X3AP save, started as "custom game"):

MODS

XRM v1.30d (02.12.13)
Advanced Universe
docking computer size
hull multiplication (mid)
gate effects (#1 installed)
realspace_visual_enhancement (aka rsve)

Mobile_Ship_Repairs_v1.7
  • * Only installed the following parts because the rest of it exists in XRM
    • CAT/DAT files (contains a T-file that includes information about the repair laser)
      scripts\setup.Grax.add.RLfab.xml (adds a factory to a sector that manufacturers repair lasers)
      scripts\setup.Grax.add.RLfab2.xm (adds a second factory to a sector that manufacturers repair lasers)
large gates (mod version)

SCRIPTS

auto_jump
advanced navigation software
bounce
autopilot traveling through gates
cheat package
custom wing manager
docking lockup fix
follow_me
Freight Distribution Network Lite (FDNL)
gates_no_rep_loss
improved_races
life
marine_repairs
mdControl
numeric_ranks (NRR)
phanon_corp (albion prelude only)
pilot faction anking
pureX_hud
salvage_command_suite
salvage_commands_and_npcs
sector_takeover (STO)
universeExplorer

NOTE: I don't have this save anymore but I just claimed another abandoned hauler (Argon this time) in my new game. Haven't renamed it yet but I will comment if it also has the same problem.
Last edited by user1679 on Sun, 9. Sep 18, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 13:58

Thanks user1679,

That's a lot of useful information. Let me know if the other hauler does the same thing.

2 quick questions:

1) Was there still stuff to claim in the sector you were trying to get the ship to salvage.

2) Was the hauler's cargo-bay so full that it wouldn't have been able to collect any of the items anyway.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 22:09

TECSG wrote:Thanks user1679,

That's a lot of useful information. Let me know if the other hauler does the same thing.

2 quick questions:

1) Was there still stuff to claim in the sector you were trying to get the ship to salvage.

2) Was the hauler's cargo-bay so full that it wouldn't have been able to collect any of the items anyway.
#1: Yes, there were some missiles still left
#2: Yes, the ship's cargo was completely full which I didn't check untill after I got the immediate reply

When I first claimed the ship it had a couple hundred Energy Cells in its cargo but it still had around 1500
capacity left which is why I sent it to collect.

Most of the items in Elena's Fortune were torpedos and other missiles too large for my Buster to carry so
the Caiman's cargo filled up before it was able to collect everything. Also, the faction battle was still
going on so more items were being "dropped".

Note: I corrected my previous post. Under the "MODS" section, the "XRM" part was missing from the "v1.30d (02.12.13)" line.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 22:28

Good news!!

I figured out it doesn't appear to be a problem with your script but rather that I was using brackets in my ship's names:
  • Argus 1-1 [Demetus Hauler] (TS)
Apparently the use of [ ] breaks everything. Using () is OK though.

Here's my testing:
  • 1. Launch my claimed Demetus Hauler in Argon Prime
    2. Tell it to "fly to sector..." and pick Argon Prime
    3. Get a message a few secods later:
    • Your Demetus Hauler has finished its job and is waiting for new orders
    4. Rename the ship: Argus 1-1 [Demetus Hauler] (TS)
    5. Repeat step 2
    6. Get a blank message a few secods later
    7. Rename the ship: Argus 1-1 (Demetus Hauler) (TS)
    8. Repeat step 2
    9. 3. Get a message a few secods later:
    • Your Argus 1-1 (Demetus Hauler) (TS) has finished its job and is waiting for new orders

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 08:55

Cool. Means that's one less thing for me to fix!

Good testing method too.

There seem to be several things that 'break' the in-game messaging system, colors in the names of items is a one of the more common ones, looks like certain characters do it too...

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 18:43

How can I turn off striping of engine, ruder and cargo stuff? It's littering my universe and making my salvagers stop, because they can't pick it up.-

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 18:54

Hi dispostableatheist,

If this is from one of the 'Sell Ship' commands, you can prevent this by selling the ships at a shipyard via the standard Trade Menu options.

If you use the SCS 'collect ware' commands, they can pick up those wares as well.

Additionally, if you have a Mobile Repair Ship (possibly a carrier too), if you sell the ships there (or donate them), the wares will be stored in an internal inventory and can be fitted to other ships docked at the MRS/Carrier.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 00:13

TECSG wrote:Cool. Means that's one less thing for me to fix!

Good testing method too.

There seem to be several things that 'break' the in-game messaging system, colors in the names of items is a one of the more common ones, looks like certain characters do it too...
Suggestion: Now that we've resolved this, in your OP where you ask for people to report bugs, etc., it might be
worth making a note that this bug is not your bug so other late-comers like myself won't report it.

Also, I don't want to seem like too much of a pest but I posted a question before my bug report about avoiding illegal wares during salvage:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 56#4723956

Is this something that I can add through the script editor? I have a background in C++, Java, LUA and could learn something new with proper documentation.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 04:22

If your want to edit scripts DON'T use the in-game script editor its to much of a hassle to use. Instead use this this

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 08:26

I did start to write into the collect wares routine that any 'illegal' wares would be stored in a 'smugglers hold' rather than standard inventory, I used the in-game 'null' ware (a ware that doesn't show up in the inventory but still takes up space), however, this proved to be unreliable and I couldn't guarantee that a patch or update may remove that ware...

It wouldn't be difficult to write in that any illegal ware can be ignored though.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 08:31

Hi CloneSargaent,

I did try that editor when it first came out, it ruined a load of my scripts because it changed a load of variable names without being asked or telling me...

I did try it again a few months ago, and I noticed my scripts suddenly had a load of variables called $XStudio.Hidden that I did not create, so I think I'll stick to Exscriptor.

:)

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Tue, 11. Sep 18, 16:37

Really? Never heard of bug like that. Having something like X-studio to tell me when the syntax is wrong plus its formatted and functions similarly to something like VS express is better for me, than the in-game scriptor that is hard for me(and many others from what i have seen) to work with. If you and others like Lucike can make awesome scripts with the in-game scriptor I salute you guys.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 04:36

TECSG wrote: It wouldn't be difficult to write in that any illegal ware can be ignored though.
That's what I was looking for actually, an additional option. I've never seen a ship with a smuggler hold...
  • Collect ware in sector
    Collect ALL wares in sector (any ship)
    Collect ALL LEGAL wares in sector (any ship)
Maybe even an additional option, just for fun:
  • Collect ALL ILLEGAL wares in sector (any ship)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 07:31

The 'smuggler's hold' proved to be too problematic if I wrote it the 'proper' way (in that you had to set aside a portion of your hold for illegal wares) as that required use of the 'null' ware to block off the allocated space and there's no guarantee that will work in future versions (if there are any).

I may re-write it to use a 'virtual' hold for illegal wares instead, but some people may complain that illegal wares no longer take up any cargo space!

TECSG
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

Post by TECSG » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:14

Quick Update...

Work is progressing on the SCS scripts, V5.01 is coming along nicely and has had some considerable re-writes!

Many bug-fixes have been implemented and some more commands added to the SCS menu (now around 80 commands and 36 cheat/fix options)...

For those that have requested more compatibility with the LU mod, please post any problems you have found and I will begin on eradicating them (or at least creating work-arounds) where I can!

I have (as previously posted) had to drop the "Smuggler's Hold" option, but I've replaced it with the "Cargo Repacker" that will 'disguise' illegal wares as other (non-illegal) items, you can pack and unpack cargo as required and when the packer is enabled any illegal wares collected will be repacked automatically.

Any requests/comments/feedback, let me know!

Mocker67
x3tc

Post by Mocker67 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 04:46

Heya, thanks for the effort behind this awesome looking script. Unfortunately I'm unable to find the "Salvage Command Software" anywhere in game at the moment. I haven't gotten really deep into x3ap modding in a loong time, I'm getting some pretty gnarly flashbacks from keeping track of CATs and DATs.

I'm running XRM at the moment and the Salvage script seems to be working properly, I can configure the options in Plugin Configurations Menu in any case, just can't seem to find the actual software. Cheers for any help in advance!

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 05:10

It shoud be available at every EQ.
Do you have the cheat package installed ?
If yes, try to install it via "Install Equipment"...

Mocker67
x3tc

Post by Mocker67 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 14:15

I don't have the cheat engine installed, no, though I'll be sure to give that a try once I'm home from work, cheers! I have checked Equipment Dock's though, yes, none of them seem to have it.

CFSapper
x3ap

Post by CFSapper » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 14:46

Hey there, having the same issue as the previous commentor, module won't appear in any station. I do have LC mod installed but that is the only other one.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:28

Hi Mocker67/CFSapper

Apologies for the delay in response, the X3 forums stopped notifying me of posts to my thread again!

When the SCS scripts are first initiated, your current ship should automatically receive a copy of the SCS Command Software, let me know if that isn't happening. SCS is stand-alone and does not require the Cheat Engine.

Do you have the SCS menu showing under the 'Sepcial' command group?

It should be the bottom option (usually) -> Access the Salvage Command Menu.

If you don't have that option, you can reset the SCS scripts manually by running the setup.scs script from the in-game Script Editor.

If you do have that option, go in to the menu, scroll down to the bottom and select Troubleshooting and Cheats option. From there you can try the Hard Reboot SCS scripts option.

If there is still no SCS software available in the Equipment Docks, try the Uninstall Salvage Command Suite option from the main SCS menu (right near the botton) and once that has completed, run the setup.scs script from the script editor agan. That should completely restart the SCS scripts.

Let me know how you get on!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”