[script] [19.08.08] [X3 2.5] STO 1.72 overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 12:43

Sent the Script-Installer-File to your EMail.

PDF-Documentation isn´t included, like i wrote above, but you will find all details here.

Greets
Trickmov

avpxdk

about taxes

Post by avpxdk » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 17:40

I'd suggest making it more realistic. Changing the consuming % up to even 15% and having an income from every secotr based on the population it holds. 1 credit for every citizen in the system per 12 hours.

Or even having profit percentage from other factories in your sector. 5-10 percent..

Trickmov
x3tc

Re: about taxes

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 17:56

avpxdk wrote:I'd suggest making it more realistic. Changing the consuming % up to even 15% and having an income from every secotr based on the population it holds. 1 credit for every citizen in the system per 12 hours.

Or even having profit percentage from other factories in your sector. 5-10 percent..
the consuming percentage shouldn´t be so high, i think. The tradedocks of the other races consume wares, too. But the consumption isn´t so high, the exact value can´t be calculated, but 15% would be much too high.

The income depending on the sector population would be fine, but unfortunatly this isn´t possible, because in SE you can´t get this value.

Profit percentages is theoretically possible, but this would mean an immense effort:
The stations in X3 don´t have an internal profit-var, so you would have to realize this yourself ->
changing every buy or sell script in X3 to get the amount and price of the ware it trades with.
Then calculating the profit of the station and holding this up-to-date.

After this, it may be possible to get profit-percentages.

I think this will never be realized by any script. If Egosoft would add this profit-var to stations, ok, but without that never.

avpxdk

Post by avpxdk » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 23:32

Maybe giving the player 100k every hour per sector?
I spent more then 200M in order to create a force that can capture an enemy sector, this 3400 per station is very small amount of money.

Even in the real world.
The government protects the citizens by the military, gives them place to live and takes taxes so they can pay for the military, education etc.
Giving such amount of money to the player as an additional 'tax' would make it look more realistic and give more profit capturing sectors.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 5. Jun 08, 00:15

I think, that the 3400 Credits are absolutly correct, because if you take an factory as example:

Alpha HEPT Forge: Production time: 1h

average price of the ware is: 140.236 Credits

assuming, that it produces for 50% of the average, the 3400 Credits would mean 5% of the profit and i think this waged correctly.

50% is very optimistic calculated, so with most factories the percentage is higher.

If you want absolute realism, you would have to imagine, that factories might leave your sector, because the taxes are to high :wink:

And on the other side, you would have to pay a much higher tax yourself, when having factories in other races sectors.

Anyway, i don´t think that i will do any change in this script, because atm i don´t find the time for scripting. If bugs occur, i will try to fix them as soon as possible, but eventual improvements (and i don´t think this is one) won´t be made.

avpxdk

Post by avpxdk » Thu, 5. Jun 08, 07:42

lol, tnx anyway.
Btw, how can i disable the money income log that i receive every hour?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 5. Jun 08, 13:24

avpxdk wrote:lol, tnx anyway.
Btw, how can i disable the money income log that i receive every hour?
Have a look at the AL-Plugins (you must have already found, because you enabled the taxes), there is an option to enable/disable this.

When disabled, you will only get this message, when you don´t have enough money to pay the taxes and STO wants to distrain soon.

LordArconius
x3

Post by LordArconius » Tue, 1. Jul 08, 03:29

Hello All

Has anyone tried banking? Do we get 1% or give 1%? And does the credit go to the player or trade dock?

Thanks

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 2. Jul 08, 01:37

You will get 1% per hour for the cash on each STO-tradedock, and the interest will go to the tradedock.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 11:09

I apologise if this has been asked before, but - is it posible to take over Yaki sectors with this script?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 13:06

Generally yes, but it´s not the fault of the script, that the yaki can´t be set to foe in the global commands.
So it´s only possible if all Yaki-ships are red to you (if you have killed enough of them).

In the german forum there was someone, who mentioned problems with overtaking some yaki-sectors in XTM, but i couldn´t confirm this, so i think, it should be possible.

Puerco

Post by Puerco » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 19:42

There is a script that allows you to set Yaki as Foe or Friendly:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=168948

And yes, you can overtake their sectors but the problem is that they still respawning all over their former sectors. Its a pain in the...cause they can spawn everywhere in great numbers, and if you are using the Race Response Fleets, sometimes they spawn as RRF even though they have no more sectors.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 21:05

The problem, that the Yaki still keep respawning, is not only a problem of the Yaki, this counts for all races, and has following reason:

The numbers of ships of each race is constant and the X3-AI lets respawn lost ships in the sectors of this race. If a race has no more sectors the ships can spawn everywhere.

But it´s easy to handle this:
Be sure, that there is at least one sector for each race, so all ships will respawn there ;)
In this sector there will be many ships :-D

Goushiken

Post by Goushiken » Wed, 13. Aug 08, 17:41

I switched to this script yesterday after a long time using the SectorTakeOver script (Yes I uninstalled Sector Take Over First then installed STO.) and the transition was seemless. I went into AL Settings and turned on the features that I was looking for. Taxes, Tax Reports and also the raiding parties. Before switching I had taken over a few Pirate Sectors. Bala Gi's Joy, Split Fire, Farham's Legend, Olmancketslet's Treaty, Hatikvah's Faith and Red Gamble(XTM), they remained in my possesion. Well what I have noticed is that since I switch scripts and turned on the raiding parties its is Spawning 5 Mamoths with me being the owner and attacking my stations with them which is odd

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 16. Aug 08, 16:34

Goushiken wrote:I switched to this script yesterday after a long time using the SectorTakeOver script (Yes I uninstalled Sector Take Over First then installed STO.) and the transition was seemless. I went into AL Settings and turned on the features that I was looking for. Taxes, Tax Reports and also the raiding parties. Before switching I had taken over a few Pirate Sectors. Bala Gi's Joy, Split Fire, Farham's Legend, Olmancketslet's Treaty, Hatikvah's Faith and Red Gamble(XTM), they remained in my possesion. Well what I have noticed is that since I switch scripts and turned on the raiding parties its is Spawning 5 Mamoths with me being the owner and attacking my stations with them which is odd
I think, you didn´t deinstall SectorTakeover properly, seems as if the sectors were still owned by yourself. You have to wait until all sectors have gone back to the original owners when deinstalling SectorTakeover before saving and then you can install STO. When not doing so, the sectors still owned by the player are detected from STO as original owner Player, which is not correct.

But i have to admit, that there is really a bug in this routine, the exception, that a sector with original owner player is in the list of sectors should be included, which it isn´t not atm. I will fix this as soon as possible (in Vanilla this could be only Avarice after auction)
Last edited by Trickmov on Sat, 16. Aug 08, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 16. Aug 08, 17:17

Update:

http://www.merchant-haven.de/forum/down ... l&df_id=27

Version 1.71 (16.08.08 )
changes:

- small bug in raids fixed (sectors with original owner player were raided)

Vyruz
x4

Post by Vyruz » Sat, 16. Aug 08, 18:07

the RAR file look broken to me :(

was able to DL it, but can't open it

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 16. Aug 08, 19:05

Yes I have the same error. It's corrupted, have downloaded it 4 times and every time unable to open it.

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Sat, 16. Aug 08, 19:07

i also have the problem :cry:

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 16. Aug 08, 20:12

Sorry, not my fault, the archive is ok, but the upload to the site doesn´t work atm, will report when download is possible again (probably tomorrow).

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”